Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Waitress quote of the day

We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
water.

"The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
lake's real low."

"Then the tea will taste bad, too."

"Yeah, but not as bad as the water."

We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.

modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

That's why I get the beer. Kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"modom" > wrote
We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
> asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
> water.
>
> "The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
> lake's real low."
>
> "Then the tea will taste bad, too."
>
> "Yeah, but not as bad as the water."
>
> We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.
>
> modom

Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

limey wrote:

> > We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.
> >
> > modom

> Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.

The last time I was in Denmark we were in a hurry and tried to explain to
the waitress in the closest restaurant we could find that we were in a real
hurry. She took our food orders. My wife asked for wine. I said I just
wanted water. My wife asked for water too. The waitress brought 2 small
bottles of water...... $10 each. Ouch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
> limey wrote:
>

>> Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.

> The last time I was in Denmark we were in a hurry and tried to explain to
> the waitress in the closest restaurant we could find that we were in a
> real
> hurry. She took our food orders. My wife asked for wine. I said I just
> wanted water. My wife asked for water too. The waitress brought 2 small
> bottles of water...... $10 each. Ouch.

You're right - ouch. Actually, I was thinking that the restaurant could
use those large (Polar Bear?) drinking water vessels, not only for serving
customers by the glass but also for food prep
whenever the local water had a bad taste.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"limey" > wrote in message
> You're right - ouch. Actually, I was thinking that the restaurant could
> use those large (Polar Bear?) drinking water vessels, not only for serving
> customers by the glass but also for food prep
> whenever the local water had a bad taste.

Could but they won't. $$$

Posted to rec.food.cooking

You are a shill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> You are a shill

Oh, you have a mirror.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:31:45 -0500, "limey" > wrote:

>"modom" > wrote
> We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
>> asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
>> water.
>>
>> "The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
>> lake's real low."
>>
>> "Then the tea will taste bad, too."
>>
>> "Yeah, but not as bad as the water."
>>
>> We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.

>Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.

Tex-Mex places like Molina's don't do bottled water. It's not part of
their world view.

modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom wrote:

>On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:31:45 -0500, "limey" > wrote:
>

>>"modom" > wrote
>>We ate lunch at Molina's today. It's a local Tex-Mex spot. Waitress
>>

>>>asks us what we want to drink as we are seated. D sez she just wants
>>>water.
>>>
>>>"The water is real bad today," sez waitress. "It's the drought; the
>>>lake's real low."
>>>
>>>"Then the tea will taste bad, too."
>>>
>>>"Yeah, but not as bad as the water."
>>>
>>>We got lots of lemons, and they helped a little.
>>>

>>Too bad they didn't think to use bottled water.
>>

>Tex-Mex places like Molina's don't do bottled water. It's not part of
>their world view.
>

>modom

So do they let you bring your own?

Christine
Grateful that Melbourne tap water is potable

Posted to rec.food.cooking
AC AC is offline

modom wrote:

> Tex-Mex places like Molina's don't do bottled water. It's not part of
> their world view.

not a bad world view. i'm not opposed to drinking tap water. if it tastes
good to me, it's fine with me. unfortunately a lot of it tastes pretty bad.
sounds like molina's is missing a potentially profitable revenue stream by
not offering bottled water. molina's also sounds like my kind of place ;-)

Anyone here a waitress or waiter or waitron? Adam Funk[_2_] General Cooking 0 09-07-2007 11:32 AM
Bad waitress tricks D.Currie General Cooking 191 30-03-2006 04:28 PM
Dumb waitress II & III. Andy General Cooking 39 23-06-2005 03:01 AM
Dumb waitress. Andy General Cooking 77 23-06-2005 01:06 AM
Waitress order patrons to die pennyaline General Cooking 39 23-09-2004 02:21 AM