Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

Default My strange, spicy experiment

what I'm craving: huevos rancheros
what I'm missing: tortillas, black beans
what time is it: 9:30pm
I'm hungry!

So, i get inspired, I know i'm in the mood for eggs, I want something
'bready', I definitely want salsa verde, I have no black beans. I whip up a
batch of pancakes (betty crocker recipe, it never stops kicking ass), cut the
brown sugar in half and add about a teaspoon and a half or so of penzey's
chili con carne mix.

Fry them up, scramble some eggs with spinach and cheese. Serve eggs on
pancakes, douse the mess in Herdez salsa verde.

It is actually pretty good. Not pretty to look at, but good to eat. David
loved his.

Also, I have a focaccia loaf rising, I'll be able to make tuna on focaccia for
lunch tomorrow.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

The Bubbo wrote:
> what I'm craving: huevos rancheros
> what I'm missing: tortillas, black beans
> what time is it: 9:30pm
> I'm hungry!
>
> So, i get inspired, I know i'm in the mood for eggs, I want something
> 'bready', I definitely want salsa verde, I have no black beans. I whip up a
> batch of pancakes (betty crocker recipe, it never stops kicking ass), cut the
> brown sugar in half and add about a teaspoon and a half or so of penzey's
> chili con carne mix.
>
> Fry them up, scramble some eggs with spinach and cheese. Serve eggs on
> pancakes, douse the mess in Herdez salsa verde.
>
> It is actually pretty good. Not pretty to look at, but good to eat. David
> loved his.
>
> Also, I have a focaccia loaf rising, I'll be able to make tuna on focaccia for
> lunch tomorrow.

oh man, I love it when experiments like that turn out nicely! brava!

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

sarah bennett wrote:
> The Bubbo wrote:
>> what I'm craving: huevos rancheros
>> what I'm missing: tortillas, black beans
>> what time is it: 9:30pm
>> I'm hungry!
>>
>> So, i get inspired, I know i'm in the mood for eggs, I want something
>> 'bready', I definitely want salsa verde, I have no black beans. I whip up a
>> batch of pancakes (betty crocker recipe, it never stops kicking ass), cut

the
>> brown sugar in half and add about a teaspoon and a half or so of penzey's
>> chili con carne mix.
>>
>> Fry them up, scramble some eggs with spinach and cheese. Serve eggs on
>> pancakes, douse the mess in Herdez salsa verde.
>>
>> It is actually pretty good. Not pretty to look at, but good to eat. David
>> loved his.
>>
>> Also, I have a focaccia loaf rising, I'll be able to make tuna on focaccia

for
>> lunch tomorrow.
>>

> oh man, I love it when experiments like that turn out nicely! brava!

I'm a little surprised myself. I really does sound terrible, but it's got the
right texture of comfort mixed with the lovely salsa verde.

Do I love Herdez salsa verde? I DO!

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

The Bubbo wrote:
> sarah bennett wrote:
>
>>The Bubbo wrote:
>>
>>>what I'm craving: huevos rancheros
>>>what I'm missing: tortillas, black beans
>>>what time is it: 9:30pm
>>>I'm hungry!
>>>
>>>So, i get inspired, I know i'm in the mood for eggs, I want something
>>>'bready', I definitely want salsa verde, I have no black beans. I whip up a
>>>batch of pancakes (betty crocker recipe, it never stops kicking ass), cut

> the
>
>>>brown sugar in half and add about a teaspoon and a half or so of penzey's
>>>chili con carne mix.
>>>
>>>Fry them up, scramble some eggs with spinach and cheese. Serve eggs on
>>>pancakes, douse the mess in Herdez salsa verde.
>>>
>>>It is actually pretty good. Not pretty to look at, but good to eat. David
>>>loved his.
>>>
>>>Also, I have a focaccia loaf rising, I'll be able to make tuna on focaccia

> for
>
>>>lunch tomorrow.
>>>

>>oh man, I love it when experiments like that turn out nicely! brava!
>>

> I'm a little surprised myself. I really does sound terrible,

it sounds damned tasty to me

> but it's got the
> right texture of comfort mixed with the lovely salsa verde.
>
> Do I love Herdez salsa verde? I DO!

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blair P. Houghton

New Mexican Haggis?

Perish the thought.

The flapjacks are sort of a cornbready thing? Huevos, a little torta,
some salsa...hmm.

I'm thinking do the same, only instead of just the spice, have some
actual chili con carne (meat only, no tomatoes or beans) to put there
with the huevos...or better yet, chorizo...

Oh yeah