Posted to rec.food.cooking
BoboBonobo

Default Mistaking plantains for bananas

Don't do it, but DO go he http://www.rathergood.com/bananas/

If you haven't ever visited rathergood, you're in for a treat. They're
the best.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
P.Aitken

BoboBonobo wrote:

> Don't do it, but DO go he http://www.rathergood.com/bananas/
>
> If you haven't ever visited rathergood, you're in for a treat. They're
> the best.

If you are 8 years old you may think so.

Peter

Posted to rec.food.cooking
BoboBonobo

P.Aitken wrote:
> BoboBonobo wrote:
>
> > Don't do it, but DO go he http://www.rathergood.com/bananas/
> >
> > If you haven't ever visited rathergood, you're in for a treat. They're
> > the best.
> >

> If you are 8 years old you may think so.

My 4 year old loves them, some of my boss' friends (in their 60s) do as
well. You are sadly deficient in sense of humor.

> Peter

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

BoboBonobo wrote:
> P.Aitken wrote:
>
>>BoboBonobo wrote:
>>

>>>Don't do it, but DO go he http://www.rathergood.com/bananas/
>>>
>>>If you haven't ever visited rathergood, you're in for a treat. They're
>>>the best.
>>>

>>If you are 8 years old you may think so.

> My 4 year old loves them, some of my boss' friends (in their 60s) do as
> well. You are sadly deficient in sense of humor.
>
>>Peter

> --Bryan

my kid loved the spongemonkeys *years* before they showed up in the
quizno's ads. She requests "we like the moon" often.

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
BoboBonobo

sarah bennett wrote:
> BoboBonobo wrote:
> > P.Aitken wrote:

> >>If you are 8 years old you may think so.

> > My 4 year old loves them, some of my boss' friends (in their 60s) do as
> > well. You are sadly deficient in sense of humor.
> >
> >>Peter

> > --Bryan
> >

> my kid loved the spongemonkeys *years* before they showed up in the
> quizno's ads. She requests "we like the moon" often.

It's Spongmonkeys, whatever that's supposed to mean. There are some
other great songs up on rathergood: First Drink of the Day, Winners and
Looking for My Leopard, also Fishy.

I've laughed myself to tears more than once.
> --
>
> saerah

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

sarah bennett wrote:
> BoboBonobo wrote:
>> P.Aitken wrote:

>>>If you are 8 years old you may think so.

>> My 4 year old loves them, some of my boss' friends (in their 60s) do as
>> well. You are sadly deficient in sense of humor.
>>
>>>Peter

>> --Bryan
>>

> my kid loved the spongemonkeys *years* before they showed up in the
> quizno's ads. She requests "we like the moon" often.

lord I love the spongemonkeys!
I can't tell you how often I break into spontaneous dancing in the kitchen
while screaming "we like the moooooon cuz it is close to us!"
or, more commonly, just making up lyrics that sound good.

Hippo Girl is the best.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
P.Aitken

BoboBonobo wrote:
> P.Aitken wrote:
>
>>BoboBonobo wrote:
>>

>>>Don't do it, but DO go he http://www.rathergood.com/bananas/
>>>
>>>If you haven't ever visited rathergood, you're in for a treat. They're
>>>the best.
>>>

>>If you are 8 years old you may think so.

> My 4 year old loves them, some of my boss' friends (in their 60s) do as
> well. You are sadly deficient in sense of humor.

Not deficient, just discriminating.

Peter

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

> > Don't do it, but DO go he http://www.rathergood.com/bananas/>
> If you haven't ever visited rathergood, you're in for a treat. They're
> the best.

>If you are 8 years old you may think so.

>Peter

It's nice to know we all have our own concept of humor. For instance-
I don't find Peter's comment funny but if it brought him a chuckle,
good for him.
Personally, I find rathergood songs a little too neurotic for my
taste- maybe I just haven't had enough coffee this morning to enjoy it.
Kev

Since we're OT and discussing humor, visit Atom Films and watch "In
The Rough",(http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/the_rough) it has it
all- tragedy, redemption and yes- humor. Not to mention amazing
animation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
S'mee

One time on Usenet, "P.Aitken" > said:

> BoboBonobo wrote:
>
> > Don't do it, but DO go he http://www.rathergood.com/bananas/
> >
> > If you haven't ever visited rathergood, you're in for a treat. They're
> > the best.
> >

> If you are 8 years old you may think so.

Nope, my 8-yr-old called the site "weird"...

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Default User

S'mee wrote:

> One time on Usenet, "P.Aitken" > said:
> >

> > BoboBonobo wrote:
> >
> > > Don't do it, but DO go he http://www.rathergood.com/bananas/
> > >
> > > If you haven't ever visited rathergood, you're in for a treat.
> > > They're the best.
> > >

> > If you are 8 years old you may think so.

> Nope, my 8-yr-old called the site "weird"...

Sounds like you don't know what the word "may" means.

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Default User" > wrote

> S'mee wrote:

>> > If you are 8 years old you may think so.

>> Nope, my 8-yr-old called the site "weird"...

> Sounds like you don't know what the word "may" means.

Which doesn't mean the same as "might" ...

nancy (has no idea what the bananas thing is about)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Hayabusa

Plantains. They taste like sawflour from old dry wood, or like wet
newspaper. I have tried twice to make something edible of them, I am
not gonna waste my time and hunger again.

fkoe
Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

>Plantains. They taste like sawflour from old dry wood, or like wet newspaper. I have tried twice to make something edible of them, I am not gonna waste my time and hunger again.

fkoe

Clearly you've never had ripe (black) plantains sliced thin and
sauteed in butter then sprinkled with brown sugar... then again, maybe
you have. Kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking
P.Aitken

Hayabusa wrote:
> Plantains. They taste like sawflour from old dry wood, or like wet
> newspaper. I have tried twice to make something edible of them, I am
> not gonna waste my time and hunger again.
>
> fkoe

Too bad, they can be great. Buy them with some black on the skin, then
keep them in a dark cool place until the skin is mostly black. Peel and
slice 1/2 inch thick and saute in oil until lightly browned.

Peter

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> "Default User" > wrote
>
> > S'mee wrote:

> > > Nope, my 8-yr-old called the site "weird"...

> > Sounds like you don't know what the word "may" means.

> Which doesn't mean the same as "might" ...

Often it does. From Merriam-Webster:

1 [some other usages snipped]
-- sometimes used where might would be expected <you may think from a
little distance that the country was solid woods -- Robert Frost>

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

Hayabusa wrote:
> Plantains. They taste like sawflour from old dry wood, or like wet
> newspaper. I have tried twice to make something edible of them, I am
> not gonna waste my time and hunger again.
>
> fkoe

tostones are like food from a lesser god. I often buy green plantains and make
tostones and if I keep them too long, I wait until they're overripe and make
maduros, which are sweet and oh so good.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
S'mee

One time on Usenet, "Default User" > said:
> Nancy Young wrote:

> > > Sounds like you don't know what the word "may" means.

Peter, dear, I wasn't arguing with you. My point was that while
you were right about the immaturity of the site, 8 years old might
be too high of an estimate. :-)

> > Which doesn't mean the same as "might" ...

> Often it does. From Merriam-Webster:
>
> 1 [some other usages snipped]
> -- sometimes used where might would be expected <you may think from a
> little distance that the country was solid woods -- Robert Frost>

Yeah, I tend to do that...

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Plantains? Gary General Cooking 17 12-06-2012 06:48 PM
plantains? Mortimer General Cooking 8 26-02-2008 07:38 AM
Plantains ravenlynne General Cooking 13 19-04-2007 12:14 AM