Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pans for Boston Brown Bread

I recently asked for a recipe for Baked Beans and got some good ones as
well as a recipe for Boston Brown Bread that I can't wait to try.
(Thanks, KIB).

Traditional recipes call for it to be cooked in leftover vegetable or
coffee cans but since it would take me a while to empty the large cans
required for a batch, I wonder if anyone knows of a source for reusable
pans for this purpose? Thanks again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
nancree

You could open and empty a coffee can, put the coffee in a plastic
container with lid. Then wash the can, etc.etc. Better than going out
and buying something new?

Just an idea. Cheers.
Nancree

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I thought of that, but I'd probably make the recipe twice a month, and
I don't want a lot of coffee sitting in plastic bags getting stale.
(Four cans of coffee will probably last the better part of a year for
me) .
Thanks anyway

Posted to rec.food.cooking
nancree

PickyJaz wrote:
> Nancree's suggestion is spot on, and I've made these breads many times.
> I'm a containers hoarder for the giving foods to others rather than
> expecting them to remember to whom a (hopefully) empty dish could
> belong and have to return it. The used to be called "one pound coffee
> cans" are perfect for the baking of such breads, but just about any can
> size works quite well. A few years back my daughter asked for
> mini-loaf pans for Christmas, so I made various non-yeast breads in
> soup cans for her as well. I then wrapped each loaf in clear wrap to
> place the loaves into the mini-pan sections to cello-wrap all real
> pretty as a bigger gift. Works for me!
>
> Picky

------
What a clever idea, Picky. I'm going to save a few soup cans, now.
Nancree

Posted to rec.food.cooking

It sounds like I can use foil bread pans.

Yes?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
hw

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I thought of that, but I'd probably make the recipe twice a month, and
> I don't want a lot of coffee sitting in plastic bags getting stale.
> (Four cans of coffee will probably last the better part of a year for
> me) .
> Thanks anyway

Put the coffee in ziplock bags and freeze it. I do this all the time with
whole beans.

harriet & critters

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Scott

In article .com>,
" > wrote:

> I thought of that, but I'd probably make the recipe twice a month, and
> I don't want a lot of coffee sitting in plastic bags getting stale.
> (Four cans of coffee will probably last the better part of a year for
> me) .
> Thanks anyway

Canned, ground coffee is stale already, so there won't be much of a
difference.