Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

Default OT aaargh airline rant

I accept that this was somehow my fault, i'm sure it was.
When I booked my tickets to New Orleans I was super careful to get the flight
back on the 1st. David was sitting there with me. I had 2 flight options on
the 1st, leaving at 11am and leaving at 5pm. I know I picked the 5 pm because
a) it was later in the day and i know we would be tired from the festivities
the night before and b) it was a non-stop flight. I evven went through and
picked my seats and picked only one seat on my flight back. I went to confirm
my flights and they magically changed the return flight from the 1st to the
second and from the 5pm to the 11am.

dammit dammit dammit. I had to call my dog sitter in a blazing panic to see if
she could stay on another day. She's not my regular dog sitter, and let me
tell you, it is very hard to find a dog sitter over the holidays at the last
minute. I can board one of my dogs, but the other was treated rather roughly
by her previous owners and now she has some separation anxiety issues, she ate
her way through a metal kennel once, cutting her face all up. I keep the
kennel to show to people.

grrr I was also counting on being home all day on the 2nd to relax and get
things in order before I had to go back to work on the 3rd.

okay, sorry about the OTedness of this. I just wanted to rant.
OB Food: If Liuzza's is still open and operating I will report back about the
best shrimp po' boys on the planet. Also, trying to get to the Taj Mahal
restaurant in Metairie, it's a tradition for me and it's the happiest Indian
restaurant on Earth.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C.

The Bubbo wrote:

> I accept that this was somehow my fault, i'm sure it was.
> When I booked my tickets to New Orleans I was super careful to get the flight
> back on the 1st. David was sitting there with me. I had 2 flight options on
> the 1st, leaving at 11am and leaving at 5pm. I know I picked the 5 pm because
> a) it was later in the day and i know we would be tired from the festivities
> the night before and b) it was a non-stop flight. I evven went through and
> picked my seats and picked only one seat on my flight back. I went to confirm
> my flights and they magically changed the return flight from the 1st to the
> second and from the 5pm to the 11am.
>
> dammit dammit dammit. I had to call my dog sitter in a blazing panic to see if
> she could stay on another day. She's not my regular dog sitter, and let me
> tell you, it is very hard to find a dog sitter over the holidays at the last
> minute. I can board one of my dogs, but the other was treated rather roughly
> by her previous owners and now she has some separation anxiety issues, she ate
> her way through a metal kennel once, cutting her face all up. I keep the
> kennel to show to people.
>
> grrr I was also counting on being home all day on the 2nd to relax and get
> things in order before I had to go back to work on the 3rd.
>
> okay, sorry about the OTedness of this. I just wanted to rant.
> OB Food: If Liuzza's is still open and operating I will report back about the
> best shrimp po' boys on the planet. Also, trying to get to the Taj Mahal
> restaurant in Metairie, it's a tradition for me and it's the happiest Indian
> restaurant on Earth.
>
> --
> .:Heather:.
> www.velvet-c.com
> Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Print hardcopy of everything when you book. Then you can either confirm
your mistake later, or prove it was the airlines fault at which point
they are more likely to fix the problem.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:44:16 GMT, Pete C. wrote:

> Print hardcopy of everything when you book. Then you can either confirm
> your mistake later, or prove it was the airlines fault at which point
> they are more likely to fix the problem.

Sage advice and so obvious, I thought everyone did it. All the
necessary information is in the email confirmation as well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem

The Bubbo wrote:
> [snip] ... I went to confirm
> my flights and they magically changed the return flight from the 1st to the
> second and from the 5pm to the 11am. [snip]

And what did you do at this point? How did you try to get their
mistake corrected, and why did it fail? The rest of your story sounds
as though you just immediately acquiesced to their mistake, which
surely can't be the case. Inquiring minds want to know ..... -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

aem wrote:

> The Bubbo wrote:
>> [snip] ... I went to confirm
>> my flights and they magically changed the return flight from the 1st to the
>> second and from the 5pm to the 11am. [snip]

> And what did you do at this point? How did you try to get their
> mistake corrected, and why did it fail? The rest of your story sounds
> as though you just immediately acquiesced to their mistake, which
> surely can't be the case. Inquiring minds want to know ..... -aem

I don't know that it is their mistake and certainly, on the day before the
flight they aren't going to just switch flights because some girl calls them
and says she is positive she booked the flights for the right day but didn't
notice the email said otherwise until the day before.

Shit happens, I've been dealing with a lot of stuff. As irritating as this is,
I have no reason to believe it is anything but my own mistake. I already
talked to David and he's fine with it. It means he leaves New Orleans a day
later than planned, but he had planned to meander back and camp and kayak so
he's not worried about it.

My dog sitter can use the extra cash, so she's staying on an extra day.

Irritating, but nothing more than that.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

sf wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:44:16 GMT, Pete C. wrote:
>
>> Print hardcopy of everything when you book. Then you can either confirm
>> your mistake later, or prove it was the airlines fault at which point
>> they are more likely to fix the problem.

> Sage advice and so obvious, I thought everyone did it. All the
> necessary information is in the email confirmation as well.
> --
>
> Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

Ironically, I did print it and it does have the incorrect date. Thus
confirming for me that this is really some massive screw up on my part and not
NWA's fault, though I'm still trying to figure out how things even got to the
second when I had been so adamant about coming home on the first.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem

The Bubbo wrote:

> I don't know that it is their mistake and certainly, on the day before the
> flight they aren't going to just switch flights because some girl calls them
> and says she is positive she booked the flights for the right day but didn't
> notice the email said otherwise until the day before.

Okay, I see. But still, you had the better part of a week to try to
get them to change the flight to what you wanted. I have no experience
with NWA, though, so maybe they are inflexible. If it had been Alaska
Airlines it would definitely have been worth trying, as they try hard
to accommodate their passengers whenever possible. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

aem wrote:

> The Bubbo wrote:
>>
>> I don't know that it is their mistake and certainly, on the day before the
>> flight they aren't going to just switch flights because some girl calls

them
>> and says she is positive she booked the flights for the right day but

didn't
>> notice the email said otherwise until the day before.
>>

> Okay, I see. But still, you had the better part of a week to try to
> get them to change the flight to what you wanted. I have no experience
> with NWA, though, so maybe they are inflexible. If it had been Alaska
> Airlines it would definitely have been worth trying, as they try hard
> to accommodate their passengers whenever possible. -aem

I know, and if I hadn't been so busy I'd have been more vigilant. I did keep
checking the flight down so that David could pick me up from the airport but
my head just never thought to check the flight home. Ah well, I get another
day in New Orleans.