Posted to rec.food.cooking
Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX

Default Where to get a turkey fryer thermostat?

I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
my existing set up. Any help?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Van

"Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX" > wrote
in message ...
>I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
> the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
> my existing set up. Any help?

Do you mean Thermometer??

I believe a candy thermometer will give you what ya want (oil temps in the
300 - 400 range). Ya just want to find one that's long enough to reach into
the frying oil.

In fact, Google is your friend. . . look what I found he

http://www.turkey-fryers-online.com/...hermometer.htm

Van

Posted to rec.food.cooking
AL

A turkey fryer thermometer should be easy to find.

If you really want a thermostat for a turkey fryer (ie. a device that would
restrict the gas flow when it reached a certain temperature), I don't think
anyone currently makes those, although I don't see why not.

"Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX" > wrote
in message ...
>I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
> the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
> my existing set up. Any help?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ebay?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick

"Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX" > wrote
in message ...
>I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
> the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
> my existing set up. Any help?

It's a good idea to have a working turkey fryer thermostat -- there was a
news report of someone having a tremendous fire because their new fryer had
a broken thermostat and the oil overheated, boiled over and you can guess
the rest.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX

It's not a typo. I meant thermostat, not thermometer. I saw one on
the Internet a very long time ago and am kicking myself for not buying
it then. It regulates the gas flow up or down and has a remote probe
at the end of a cable that sticks down the same hole that my 12"
thermometer goes in now.

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:44:38 -0500, Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX
> wrote:

>I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
>the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
>my existing set up. Any help?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX

From rec.food.equipment:

Right on the money!!!! Thank you.

Just ordered. Will post my results.

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 15:04:58 -0700, Donald >
wrote:

>Donald wrote:
>
>> Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX wrote:
>>
>>> I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
>>> the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
>>> my existing set up. Any help?
>>>

>> On Thursday, on a show on Foodnetwork, there was a show about problems
>> with turkey fryers.
>>
>> Showed some great house fires.
>>
>> The part of the show they showed equipment available. The show
>> interviewed a manufacture of trykey fryers.
>>
>> In the end, there are -no- _gas_ thermostats available.
>>
>> In the interview, the manufacture said, there is no easy way to control
>> gas in an outdoor setting for an open pot.
>>
>> I would say they know what they are talking about, with the number of
>> fryer fires every year.
>>
>> There are two electric turkey fryers availble, but there were very
>> expensive.
>>
>> Donald

>http://www.turkey-fryers-online.com/...trol_valve.htm

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:44:38 -0500, Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX
> wrote:

>I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
>the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
>my existing set up. Any help?

oil-less turkey fryer Moe Jones Barbecue 9 07-09-2007 02:41 PM
Where to get a turkey fryer thermostat? Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX Cooking Equipment 8 26-02-2007 07:57 PM
Turkey Fryer Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 26 09-11-2004 07:40 PM
turkey fryer StocksRus® Barbecue 17 27-08-2004 06:54 AM
Turkey Fryer Aria Barbecue 9 18-11-2003 11:54 PM