Where to get a turkey fryer thermostat?

Old 26-11-2005, 08:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Usenet poster

Default Where to get a turkey fryer thermostat?

I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
my existing set up. Any help?

Old 26-11-2005, 11:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Usenet poster

"Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX" wrote
in message ...
I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
my existing set up. Any help?

Do you mean Thermometer??

I believe a candy thermometer will give you what ya want (oil temps in the
300 - 400 range). Ya just want to find one that's long enough to reach into
the frying oil.

In fact, Google is your friend. . . look what I found he

http://www.turkey-fryers-online.com/...hermometer.htm

Van

Old 27-11-2005, 12:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Usenet poster

A turkey fryer thermometer should be easy to find.

If you really want a thermostat for a turkey fryer (ie. a device that would
restrict the gas flow when it reached a certain temperature), I don't think
anyone currently makes those, although I don't see why not.

Old 27-11-2005, 02:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Usenet poster

"Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX" wrote
in message ...
I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
my existing set up. Any help?

It's a good idea to have a working turkey fryer thermostat -- there was a
news report of someone having a tremendous fire because their new fryer had
a broken thermostat and the oil overheated, boiled over and you can guess
the rest.

Old 27-11-2005, 03:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Usenet poster

It's not a typo. I meant thermostat, not thermometer. I saw one on
the Internet a very long time ago and am kicking myself for not buying
it then. It regulates the gas flow up or down and has a remote probe
at the end of a cable that sticks down the same hole that my 12"
thermometer goes in now.

Old 27-11-2005, 04:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Usenet poster

From rec.food.equipment:

Right on the money!!!! Thank you.

Just ordered. Will post my results.

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 15:04:58 -0700, Donald
wrote:

Donald wrote:

Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX wrote:

I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
my existing set up. Any help?

On Thursday, on a show on Foodnetwork, there was a show about problems
with turkey fryers.

Showed some great house fires.

The part of the show they showed equipment available. The show
interviewed a manufacture of trykey fryers.

In the end, there are -no- _gas_ thermostats available.

In the interview, the manufacture said, there is no easy way to control
gas in an outdoor setting for an open pot.

I would say they know what they are talking about, with the number of
fryer fires every year.

There are two electric turkey fryers availble, but there were very
expensive.

Donald

http://www.turkey-fryers-online.com/...trol_valve.htm