FoodBanter.com

-   -   Accidently left out frozen pie crust. Can I still use it? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/74974-accidently-left-out-frozen.html)

[email protected] 24-11-2005 01:56 PM

Accidently left out frozen pie crust. Can I still use it?

I bought a "gluten free" frozen pie crust last night, but accidently left it
out in the bag last night. I discovered it this morning. Does it go bad, or
can I still use it after I freeze it this morning? Nothing on the label says
anything about it needing to be kept frozen, but I would guess that was an
omission, because aren't they usually kept frozen?

Wayne Boatwright 24-11-2005 02:09 PM

Accidently left out frozen pie crust. Can I still use it?

On Thu 24 Nov 2005 06:56:11a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?

> I bought a "gluten free" frozen pie crust last night, but accidently
> left it out in the bag last night. I discovered it this morning. Does
> it go bad, or can I still use it after I freeze it this morning?
> Nothing on the label says anything about it needing to be kept frozen,
> but I would guess that was an omission, because aren't they usually kept
> frozen?

Absolutely. It will be fine.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Rusty 24-11-2005 03:11 PM

wrote:
> I bought a "gluten free" frozen pie crust last night, but accidently left it
> out in the bag last night. I discovered it this morning. Does it go bad, or
> can I still use it after I freeze it this morning? Nothing on the label says
> anything about it needing to be kept frozen, but I would guess that was an
> omission, because aren't they usually kept frozen?

At this point there are only two things you can do.

Number 1:

Pick up the pie crust slowly, holding carefully at arms length. Take it
out to the middle of your backyard, slowly place on ground and back
away quickly.

Call the National Institute of Health and notify them of what you have
and how long its been out of the fridge. They will probably send out a
Bio-Swat team to take the thing off your hands.

Number 2:

Make a nice pie and enjoy it for Thanksgivng. I should be ok.

;-)

Rusty

jmcquown 24-11-2005 03:38 PM

wrote:
> I bought a "gluten free" frozen pie crust last night, but accidently
> left it out in the bag last night. I discovered it this morning.
> Does it go bad, or can I still use it after I freeze it this morning?
> Nothing on the label says anything about it needing to be kept
> frozen, but I would guess that was an omission, because aren't they
> usually kept frozen?

Never in my life heard of a "gluten free" pie crust so I couldn't tell you.
I've only dealt with regular pie crusts and they say to use immediately if
thawed. Immediately could be your own interpretation. To me, it would mean
immediately after I discovered it was thawed but needed to take a nap. ;)

Jill

ms_peacock 24-11-2005 03:49 PM

Accidently left out frozen pie crust. Can I still use it?

> wrote in message
>I bought a "gluten free" frozen pie crust last night, but accidently left
>it
> out in the bag last night. I discovered it this morning. Does it go bad,
> or
> can I still use it after I freeze it this morning? Nothing on the label
> says
> anything about it needing to be kept frozen, but I would guess that was an
> omission, because aren't they usually kept frozen?

You gonna eat it raw? I'll bet you have to thaw it to use it anyway.

Ms P