Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Default CAKE

Chocolate Italian Cake

This wonderful cake is a chocolate version of the classic Italian Cream
Cake.

5 large eggs, separated
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
Garnish: pecan halves

Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks
form; set aside.
Beat butter and shortening until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating
well. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each
addition.

Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda; add to butter mixture
alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in coconut,
chopped pecans, and vanilla. Fold in egg whites. Pour batter into 3
greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans.

Bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove cake layers to
wire racks, and cool completely.

Spread Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and
sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
---

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

Looks good to me and anything with coconut is a must try!
Thanks for the recipe.

`````````````````````````````````

On 23 Nov 2005 08:00:20 -0800, Sheldon wrote:

> Chocolate Italian Cake
>
> This wonderful cake is a chocolate version of the classic Italian Cream
> Cake.
>
> 5 large eggs, separated
> 1/2 cup butter, softened
> 1/2 cup shortening
> 2 cups sugar
> 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
> 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 1 cup buttermilk
> 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
> 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
> 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
> Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
> Garnish: pecan halves
>
> Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks
> form; set aside.
> Beat butter and shortening until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating
> well. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each
> addition.
>
> Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda; add to butter mixture
> alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
> Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in coconut,
> chopped pecans, and vanilla. Fold in egg whites. Pour batter into 3
> greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans.
>
> Bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
> center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove cake layers to
> wire racks, and cool completely.
>
> Spread Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and
> sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
> ---
>
> Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Looks good to me and anything with coconut is a must try!
> Thanks for the recipe.
>
> `````````````````````````````````
>
> On 23 Nov 2005 08:00:20 -0800, Sheldon wrote:
>
>> Chocolate Italian Cake
>>
>> This wonderful cake is a chocolate version of the classic Italian Cream
>> Cake.
>>
>> 5 large eggs, separated
>> 1/2 cup butter, softened
>> 1/2 cup shortening
>> 2 cups sugar
>> 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
>> 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
>> 1 teaspoon baking soda
>> 1 cup buttermilk
>> 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
>> 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
>> 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
>> Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
>> Garnish: pecan halves
>>
>> Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks
>> form; set aside.
>> Beat butter and shortening until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating
>> well. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each
>> addition.
>>
>> Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda; add to butter mixture
>> alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
>> Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in coconut,
>> chopped pecans, and vanilla. Fold in egg whites. Pour batter into 3
>> greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans.
>>
>> Bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
>> center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove cake layers to
>> wire racks, and cool completely.
>>
>> Spread Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and
>> sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.

Didn't he hate italians ....?
Pan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:49:35 +0100, Pandora wrote:

> Didn't he hate italians ....?
> Pan

He baits people and that ethnic slur thing is a slam dunk for him. If
you don't buy into it, there's no ensuing pandemonium.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger

sf wrote:

> Looks good to me and anything with coconut is a must try!
> Thanks for the recipe.

http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/Chocol...nCreamCake.asp

Just another plagiarism on Sheldon's part. (Recipe left intact below so you
can compare with the recipe at the link.)

Bob

> `````````````````````````````````
>
> On 23 Nov 2005 08:00:20 -0800, Sheldon wrote:
>
>> Chocolate Italian Cake
>>
>> This wonderful cake is a chocolate version of the classic Italian Cream
>> Cake.
>>
>> 5 large eggs, separated
>> 1/2 cup butter, softened
>> 1/2 cup shortening
>> 2 cups sugar
>> 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
>> 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
>> 1 teaspoon baking soda
>> 1 cup buttermilk
>> 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
>> 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
>> 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
>> Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
>> Garnish: pecan halves
>>
>> Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks
>> form; set aside.
>> Beat butter and shortening until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating
>> well. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each
>> addition.
>>
>> Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda; add to butter mixture
>> alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
>> Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in coconut,
>> chopped pecans, and vanilla. Fold in egg whites. Pour batter into 3
>> greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans.
>>
>> Bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
>> center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove cake layers to
>> wire racks, and cool completely.
>>
>> Spread Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and
>> sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
>> ---
>>
>> Sheldon

> --
>
> Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:49:35 +0100, Pandora wrote:
>>
>> Didn't he hate italians ....?
>> Pan

> He baits people and that ethnic slur thing is a slam dunk for him. If
> you don't buy into it, there's no ensuing pandemonium.
> --
>
> Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

Oh ! You are a very psychologist!
Pan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Bob Terwilliger" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> sf wrote:
>
>> Looks good to me and anything with coconut is a must try!
>> Thanks for the recipe.

> http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/Chocol...nCreamCake.asp
>
> Just another plagiarism on Sheldon's part. (Recipe left intact below so
> you can compare with the recipe at the link.)

It shows that Shellacked loves pecans. he increases the quantity of pecan
and he puts them also in the cover of the cake )))
Pandora

Bob

>> `````````````````````````````````
>>
>> On 23 Nov 2005 08:00:20 -0800, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>>> Chocolate Italian Cake
>>>
>>> This wonderful cake is a chocolate version of the classic Italian Cream
>>> Cake.
>>>
>>> 5 large eggs, separated
>>> 1/2 cup butter, softened
>>> 1/2 cup shortening
>>> 2 cups sugar
>>> 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
>>> 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
>>> 1 teaspoon baking soda
>>> 1 cup buttermilk
>>> 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
>>> 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
>>> 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
>>> Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
>>> Garnish: pecan halves
>>>
>>> Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks
>>> form; set aside.
>>> Beat butter and shortening until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating
>>> well. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each
>>> addition.
>>>
>>> Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda; add to butter mixture
>>> alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
>>> Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in coconut,
>>> chopped pecans, and vanilla. Fold in egg whites. Pour batter into 3
>>> greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans.
>>>
>>> Bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
>>> center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove cake layers to
>>> wire racks, and cool completely.
>>>
>>> Spread Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and
>>> sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
>>> ---
>>>
>>> Sheldon

>> --
>>
>> Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> sf wrote:
>
>> Looks good to me and anything with coconut is a must try!
>> Thanks for the recipe.

> http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/Chocol...nCreamCake.asp
>
> Just another plagiarism on Sheldon's part. (Recipe left intact below so
> you can compare with the recipe at the link.)
>
> Bob
>

>> `````````````````````````````````
>>
>> On 23 Nov 2005 08:00:20 -0800, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>>> Chocolate Italian Cake
>>>
>>> This wonderful cake is a chocolate version of the classic Italian Cream
>>> Cake.
>>>
>>> 5 large eggs, separated
>>> 1/2 cup butter, softened
>>> 1/2 cup shortening
>>> 2 cups sugar
>>> 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
>>> 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
>>> 1 teaspoon baking soda
>>> 1 cup buttermilk
>>> 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
>>> 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
>>> 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
>>> Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
>>> Garnish: pecan halves
>>>
>>> Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks
>>> form; set aside.
>>> Beat butter and shortening until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating
>>> well. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each
>>> addition.
>>>
>>> Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda; add to butter mixture
>>> alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
>>> Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in coconut,
>>> chopped pecans, and vanilla. Fold in egg whites. Pour batter into 3
>>> greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans.
>>>
>>> Bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
>>> center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove cake layers to
>>> wire racks, and cool completely.
>>>
>>> Spread Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and
>>> sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
>>> ---
>>>
>>> Sheldon

>> --
>>
>> Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

He didn't claim to have invented it. Get a life.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Nexis wrote:

> He didn't claim to have invented it. Get a life.

But of course not... anyone who can read could plainly tell some
friggin' ASSHOLE WOP invented it... AND the exact same recipe has
floated around the net for years, and at many web sites... who knows
where it first appeared (who gives a ****). And it's not possible to
steal a recipe, individual recipes cannot be copyrighted, and that's
according to international law, not just US.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Curly Sue

On 23 Nov 2005 13:28:18 -0600, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>
>> Looks good to me and anything with coconut is a must try!
>> Thanks for the recipe.

>http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/Chocol...nCreamCake.asp
>
>Just another plagiarism on Sheldon's part. (Recipe left intact below so you
>can compare with the recipe at the link.)

I did go there to find the recipe for the chocolate cream cheese
frosting, which was missing from the one Sheldon posted (and I want to
thank Sheldon for bringing that recipe to our attention because it
looks like one I'll like ).

Although I also appreciate the link because it had a frosting recipe,
I did compare the cake recipe with the one Sheldon posted and it's not
the same.

Sue(tm)