Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob

Default Note to self:

don't forget the bring the frozen turkey in out of the trunk of the car
tomorrow morning so it can thaw...

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes

zxcvbob wrote:

> don't forget the bring the frozen turkey in out of the trunk of the
> car
> tomorrow morning so it can thaw...
>
> Bob

What part of the frozen north are you in? I left the turky in the trunk
yesterday just for that reason, to let it thaw there rather than the
kitchen, it's a balmy 72 degrees in the SF bay area today. I'll probly
bring the turky in this evening and prepare the stuffing and prep the
bird ready to go in the oven tomorrow morning.
---
JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob

Default Note to self: frozen turkey

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
> zxcvbob wrote:
>

>>don't forget the bring the frozen turkey in out of the trunk of the
>>car
>>tomorrow morning so it can thaw...
>>
>>Bob

> What part of the frozen north are you in? I left the turky in the trunk
> yesterday just for that reason, to let it thaw there rather than the
> kitchen, it's a balmy 72 degrees in the SF bay area today. I'll probly
> bring the turky in this evening and prepare the stuffing and prep the
> bird ready to go in the oven tomorrow morning.
> ---
> JL

Minnesota. It's 41° outside right now. The turkey has been in the
trunk since Saturday afternoon, wrapped in a towel. I checked it this
morning and it was still frozen solid, but it felt like the plastic wrap
was no longer frozen tight to the skin.

Wouldn't you hate to *forget* a frozen turkey in the trunk of the car
and find it a few weeks after the spring thaw?

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 23 Nov 2005 12:47:29p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it zxcvbob?

> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>> zxcvbob wrote:
>>

>>>don't forget the bring the frozen turkey in out of the trunk of the car
>>>tomorrow morning so it can thaw...
>>>
>>>Bob

>> What part of the frozen north are you in? I left the turky in the trunk
>> yesterday just for that reason, to let it thaw there rather than the
>> kitchen, it's a balmy 72 degrees in the SF bay area today. I'll probly
>> bring the turky in this evening and prepare the stuffing and prep the
>> bird ready to go in the oven tomorrow morning.
>> ---
>> JL
>>

> Minnesota. It's 41° outside right now. The turkey has been in the
> trunk since Saturday afternoon, wrapped in a towel. I checked it this
> morning and it was still frozen solid, but it felt like the plastic wrap
> was no longer frozen tight to the skin.
>
> Wouldn't you hate to *forget* a frozen turkey in the trunk of the car
> and find it a few weeks after the spring thaw?

I know someone who did just that. The car had to be professionally treat
to get rid of the odor.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 23 Nov 2005 12:47:29p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it zxcvbob?
>

>>Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

>>>What part of the frozen north are you in? I left the turky in the trunk
>>>yesterday just for that reason, to let it thaw there rather than the
>>>kitchen, it's a balmy 72 degrees in the SF bay area today. I'll probly
>>>bring the turky in this evening and prepare the stuffing and prep the
>>>bird ready to go in the oven tomorrow morning.
>>>---
>>>JL
>>>

>>Minnesota. It's 41° outside right now. The turkey has been in the
>>trunk since Saturday afternoon, wrapped in a towel. I checked it this
>>morning and it was still frozen solid, but it felt like the plastic wrap
>>was no longer frozen tight to the skin.
>>
>>Wouldn't you hate to *forget* a frozen turkey in the trunk of the car
>>and find it a few weeks after the spring thaw?

> I know someone who did just that. The car had to be professionally treat
> to get rid of the odor.

I left a whole chicken in the microwave for a few days once

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article > ,
sarah bennett > wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> >>Minnesota. It's 41° outside right now. The turkey has been in the
> >>trunk since Saturday afternoon, wrapped in a towel. I checked it this
> >>morning and it was still frozen solid, but it felt like the plastic wrap
> >>was no longer frozen tight to the skin.
> >>
> >>Wouldn't you hate to *forget* a frozen turkey in the trunk of the car
> >>and find it a few weeks after the spring thaw?

> > I know someone who did just that. The car had to be professionally treat
> > to get rid of the odor.
> >

> I left a whole chicken in the microwave for a few days once
>
> --
>
> saerah

Been there, done that. <lol>
I often use the microwave for room temp. thawing to keep the meat away
from the cats. ;-)

In fact, that is where the frozen turkey I bought this morning is right
now. When I get up to go to work about 8 pm. tonight, I'll take it out
and put it in the 'frige to finish thawing for roasting in the morning
when I get home from work at 07:30. It should still be partially frozen
4 hours from now since it's currently still solid as a rock. :-P

I will NOT leave it overnight, tempting as it is......
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Elaine Parrish

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, zxcvbob wrote:

> Wouldn't you hate to *forget* a frozen turkey in the trunk of the car
> and find it a few weeks after the spring thaw?
>
> Bob

tee hee hee. Yes I would! Because I *can* tell you what it is like to
forget a ten pound bag of potatoes in the trunk of the car in July in
Mississippi for ten days. I went out of town and when I came back, presto
change-O... Well, lets just say, it was a mess. boo, hiss.

Elaine, too

TV Note Nancy2[_2_] General Cooking 11 25-03-2016 04:53 PM
Please note Corey Richardson[_2_] General Cooking 14 25-08-2008 02:05 PM
Note to Self Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] General Cooking 4 14-12-2007 06:12 AM
Note to Self Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] General Cooking 19 14-04-2007 01:36 PM
on a better note Mary Beth Goodman Sourdough 1 26-04-2005 06:02 PM