Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Default Homemade Pizza For Dinner Tonight

Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
Here's the pic.
http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

~patches~ wrote:
> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
> for a high rising crust.

Some sad looking crust.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 12 Nov 2005 09:01:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ~patches~?

> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
> for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
> Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
> olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
> over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
> Here's the pic.
> http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

Looks delish! Also looks a lot like mine, but I never take pics. I never
thought of using beer for the liquid. Is that a total replacement for the
water in an ordinary yeast dough? I should give that a try.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Edwin Pawlowski

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
> for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
> Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
> olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
> over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
> Here's the pic.
> http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

How was the crust? Overall, it looks good. I've been known to eat the
center and then eat the thick edge crust with butter as you would bread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:01:24 -0500, ~patches~ wrote:

> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
> for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
> Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
> olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
> over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
> Here's the pic.
> http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

You done good... did you bake it on tiles or in a pan?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent

A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,
how to rise it properly, or how to get it on the stone.
There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the periphery. I
think
you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito, added
at the very end
or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.
You have tried; that you should be given credit for that.
A nice try.

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
> for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
> Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
> olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
> over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
> Here's the pic.
> http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 12 Nov 2005 11:01:30p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Kent?

> A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,
> how to rise it properly, or how to get it on the stone.
> There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the periphery.
> I think
> you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
> The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
> Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito,
> added at the very end
> or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.
> You have tried; that you should be given credit for that.
> A nice try.

Somehow we weren't notified that the Pizza King died and you took the throne.
As the new king, you need to brush up on your royal edicts!

Zeesh!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

Good grief. Get over yourself.

````````````````````````````````````

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:01:30 -0800, Kent wrote:

> A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,
> how to rise it properly, or how to get it on the stone.
> There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the periphery. I
> think
> you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
> The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
> Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito, added
> at the very end
> or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.
> You have tried; that you should be given credit for that.
> A nice try.
>

> "~patches~" > wrote in message
> > Dinner was homemade pizza.

<snip>
> > Here's the pic.
> > http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"~patches~" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
> for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
> Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
> olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
> over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
> Here's the pic.
> http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

Nice photo and nice topping! BTW I prefer a thinner pizza!
A question: did you put also yeast inside, or have you used only beer in
place of water?
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent

Say whatever you wish to.
Nonetheless, this isn't a very good looking pizza,
and one would have to assume that translates to the taste,
that sensory organ at the posterior third of the dorsal surface of the
tongue.
It usually does.

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Sat 12 Nov 2005 11:01:30p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Kent?
>
>> A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,
>> how to rise it properly, or how to get it on the stone.
>> There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the periphery.
>> I think
>> you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
>> The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
>> Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito,
>> added at the very end
>> or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.
>> You have tried; that you should be given credit for that.
>> A nice try.

> Somehow we weren't notified that the Pizza King died and you took the
> throne.
> As the new king, you need to brush up on your royal edicts!
>
> Zeesh!
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>
> A chicken in every pot is a *LOT* of chicken!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

Kent wrote:
> A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,
> how to rise it properly, or how to get it on the stone.
> There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the periphery. I
> think
> you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
> The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
> Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito, added
> at the very end
> or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.
> You have tried; that you should be given credit for that.
> A nice try.

I think you just earned the 2005 rfc Asshole of The Year Award. And
it takes a lot to take that away from Sheldon.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

"Kent" > wrote in message
> A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,
> how to rise it properly, or how to get it on the stone.
> There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the periphery. I
> think
> you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
> The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
> Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito,

added
> at the very end
> or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.
> You have tried; that you should be given credit for that.
> A nice try.

Hey, it sure beats the hell out of Dominoes or Pizza Slut! I've been to
many pizza joints that have square pizza; I've even worked at a fast food
pizza chain that used square pans way back in High School. I don't know
where you get your info from.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob (this one)

Kent wrote:

> A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,

Never heard of "sfinciune" then, have you? It's Italian and, um, square.
Or rectangular

> how to rise it properly,

English she is a hardly language, either...

Dough can be formed to any shape. It will rise irrespective of how it's
shaped.

> or how to get it on the stone.

<LOL> All those Italians making square pizzas know nothing about pizza
dough. Good one.

> There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the
> periphery.

Chacun a son gout, opinion-boy.

> I think you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,

I think you may be using a cheap inferior dictionary. Mozzarella. If
you're going to pretend to expertise, it's good to do it when you're not
wearing your red nose and floppy shoes.

> The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.

For you.

> Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general,

Never been to Italy, then...?

> unless it's either Proscuito, added at the very end or a fattier
> cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.

<LOL>

> You have tried; that you should be given credit for that. A nice try.

Sadly, you haven't merited even that watery encomium.

For an opinionated moron, you sure are an opinionated moron. It's truly
dazzling how you've managed to translate your personal tastes, ignorant
though they may be, into universal TRUTH.

You may go now.

Pastorio

> "~patches~" > wrote in message
>
>> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of
>> water for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier
>> this year. Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham,
>> onions, green peppers, olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza
>> fed 5 of us with a bit left over. Toppings were distributed as to
>> who wanted what on their piece. Here's the pic.
>> http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob (this one)

Kent wrote:

> Say whatever you wish to.

Good of you to offer permission.

> Nonetheless, this isn't a very good looking pizza,
> and one would have to assume that translates to the taste,

How silly. Your supercilious observation includes a truly absurd
assumption. Like so many of your other opinions about this pizza.

> that sensory organ at the posterior third of the dorsal surface of the
> tongue.

Don't really know your biology, either. That's two for two.

> It usually does.

And I bet you can feel a pea under a dozen mattresses.

Idiot.

Pastorio
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

> Kent wrote:
>
>> A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,

You can make pizza in different shape: square , round or triangular but
always pizza it is. Perhaps it is you that don't understand nothing about
waht we are speaking of.
Cheers
Pandora

Bob wrote:

> Never heard of "sfinciune" then, have you? It's Italian and, um, square.
> Or rectangular

The exact name is "sfinciuni", Bob. It is a sicilian kind of pizza.
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"Pandora" > wrote in message

>> Kent wrote:
>>
>>> A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,

> You can make pizza in different shape: square , round or triangular
> but always pizza it is. Perhaps it is you that don't understand
> nothing about waht we are speaking of.
> Cheers
> Pandora
>
> Bob wrote:
>
>> Never heard of "sfinciune" then, have you? It's Italian and, um,
>> square.
>> Or rectangular

> The exact name is "sfinciuni", Bob. It is a sicilian kind of pizza.
> Cheers
> Pandora

I don't know why Kent is moaning. We have as yet, not seen one of his!

I think patches' pizza looks very good. Who cares what shape it is?

Kent has gone into my Bozo bin and I hope he is very happy with the
other residents there

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
. uk...

>> You can make pizza in different shape: square , round or triangular but
>> always pizza it is. Perhaps it is you that don't understand nothing about
>> waht we are speaking of.
>> Cheers
>> Pandora
>>
>> Bob wrote:
>>
>>> Never heard of "sfinciune" then, have you? It's Italian and, um, square.
>>> Or rectangular

>> The exact name is "sfinciuni", Bob. It is a sicilian kind of pizza.
>> Cheers
>> Pandora

> I don't know why Kent is moaning. We have as yet, not seen one of his!

He is moaning because he isn't able to make it DDDDDDDDDDDDD

> I think patches' pizza looks very good. Who cares what shape it is?

This is what I have said too!!!!

> Kent has gone into my Bozo bin and I hope he is very happy with the other
> residents there

This is too difficult to me. I don't understand, Ophy
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Allan Matthews

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:01:30 -0800, "Kent" > wrote:

>A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,
>how to rise it properly, or how to get it on the stone.
>There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the periphery. I
>think
>you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
>The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
>Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito, added
>at the very end
>or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.
>You have tried; that you should be given credit for that.
>A nice try.
>

>"~patches~" > wrote in message
>> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
>> for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
>> Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
>> olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
>> over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
>> Here's the pic.
>> http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

This pizza looks great to me..of course I like ham on pizza.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> . uk...

>>> You can make pizza in different shape: square , round or triangular
>>> but always pizza it is. Perhaps it is you that don't understand
>>> nothing about waht we are speaking of.
>>> Cheers
>>> Pandora

>>> The exact name is "sfinciuni", Bob. It is a sicilian kind of pizza.
>>> Cheers
>>> Pandora

>> I don't know why Kent is moaning. We have as yet, not seen one of
>> his!

> He is moaning because he isn't able to make it DDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>> I think patches' pizza looks very good. Who cares what shape it is?

> This is what I have said too!!!!
>>
>> Kent has gone into my Bozo bin and I hope he is very happy with the
>> other residents there

> This is too difficult to me. I don't understand, Ophy

Bozo bin = Killfile)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
buceriasdon

Thanks for sharing. Shame some people can`t accept different tastes. My
pizza that I enjoy making is a very thin crust going light on the
toppings. I use two unglazed floor tiles that I have sealed with oil
and baked. I put one on the lowest most part of my gas oven, the other
I place under the broiler. My homemade peal from thin plywood is used
to place the pizza in the over preheated as hot as possible. When I see
the top just turning color I move the pizza to under the broiler to
finish in under a minute. Closest thing to having a brick oven that I
have come up with. Too bad just talking about about dough and some
toppings has to get personal.
Regards, Don in Mexico

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 13 Nov 2005 12:13:31a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Kent?

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Sat 12 Nov 2005 11:01:30p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Kent?
>>
>>> A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough, how to rise
>>> it properly, or how to get it on the stone. There is too much cheese in
>>> the center and not enough at the periphery. I think
>>> you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
>>> The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
>>> Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito,
>>> added at the very end or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham
>>> is much too dry. You have tried; that you should be given credit for
>>> that. A nice try.

>> Somehow we weren't notified that the Pizza King died and you took the
>> throne. As the new king, you need to brush up on your royal edicts!
>>
>> Zeesh!

> Say whatever you wish to.
> Nonetheless, this isn't a very good looking pizza,
> and one would have to assume that translates to the taste,
> that sensory organ at the posterior third of the dorsal surface of the
> tongue.
> It usually does.

Asshole!

PLONK!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
. uk...

> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> . uk...

>>> I don't know why Kent is moaning. We have as yet, not seen one of his!

>> He is moaning because he isn't able to make it DDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>>
>>> I think patches' pizza looks very good. Who cares what shape it is?

>> This is what I have said too!!!!
>>>
>>> Kent has gone into my Bozo bin and I hope he is very happy with the
>>> other residents there

>> This is too difficult to me. I don't understand, Ophy

> Bozo bin = Killfile)

Ahhhh! Ok! I bozo bin too! DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"buceriasdon" > ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...
> Thanks for sharing. Shame some people can`t accept different tastes. My
> pizza that I enjoy making is a very thin crust going light on the
> toppings. I use two unglazed floor tiles that I have sealed with oil
> and baked. I put one on the lowest most part of my gas oven, the other
> I place under the broiler.

It's a very good method! I use to do like you do!
Unfortunately I haven't gas oven, I have electrical oven! Pizza come out
gooder with gas!!!!

My homemade peal from thin plywood is used
> to place the pizza in the over preheated as hot as possible. When I see
> the top just turning color I move the pizza to under the broiler to
> finish in under a minute. Closest thing to having a brick oven that I
> have come up with. Too bad just talking about about dough and some
> toppings has to get personal.

Too personal! Yes, you are right!
Cheers
Pandora in Italy
> Regards, Don in Mexico

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

~patches~ wrote:
> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
> for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
> Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
> olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
> over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
> Here's the pic.
> http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

What a beautiful pie and I am sure it tasted as good as it looks. I
wish I could make something so awesome. Thank you for the picture. M

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sat 12 Nov 2005 09:01:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ~patches~?
>

>>Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
>>for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
>>Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
>>olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
>>over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
>>Here's the pic.
>>http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

> Looks delish! Also looks a lot like mine, but I never take pics. I never
> thought of using beer for the liquid. Is that a total replacement for the
> water in an ordinary yeast dough? I should give that a try.

The recipe is for making the dough in a breadmachine. It calls for only
beer as the liquid. I don't see why you couldn't replace the liquid
with beer in your recipe. I use a light beer with no preservatives most
times. The type of beer will affect the taste of the dough.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 13 Nov 2005 06:29:22a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ~patches~?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Sat 12 Nov 2005 09:01:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>> ~patches~?
>>

>>>Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of
>>>water for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this
>>>year. Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green
>>>peppers, olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a
>>>bit left over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on
>>>their piece. Here's the pic. http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

>> Looks delish! Also looks a lot like mine, but I never take pics. I
>> never thought of using beer for the liquid. Is that a total
>> replacement for the water in an ordinary yeast dough? I should give
>> that a try.
>>

> The recipe is for making the dough in a breadmachine. It calls for only
> beer as the liquid. I don't see why you couldn't replace the liquid
> with beer in your recipe. I use a light beer with no preservatives most
> times. The type of beer will affect the taste of the dough.

Thank you. I'm going to try this the next time I make pizza. Your crust
looks delicious! FWIW, this is my ingredient list:

2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups flour (I use half bread flour and half AP)
1 cup water
1 envelope of granulated dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons oil

I imagine I could omit the sugar when using the beer.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "~patches~" > wrote in message
>
>>Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
>>for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
>>Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
>>olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
>>over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
>>Here's the pic.
>>http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

> How was the crust? Overall, it looks good. I've been known to eat the
> center and then eat the thick edge crust with butter as you would bread.

The crust as always is delicious. It is crusty on the outsides and soft
& chewy on the inside. A couple of my family units like to dip the
crust in either a creamy garlic sauce or pizza sauce so I put those on
the table too. Apparently they learned this in the big city where the
pizza joints do this
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

sf wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:01:24 -0500, ~patches~ wrote:
>

>> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
>> for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
>> Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
>> olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
>> over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
>> Here's the pic.
>> http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

> You done good... did you bake it on tiles or in a pan?

It was baked on an extra large cookie sheet. I've been doing it this
way ever since the kids were young. On pizza nights each kid would
identify which section of the pizza they wanted then would proceed to
put their toppings of choice on. Using a rectangle pan made this a lot
easier so we've stuck with it when their home. I have made the same
crust and used round pans when it's just DH and myself or we have company.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Kent wrote:

> A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,
> how to rise it properly, or how to get it on the stone.
> There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the periphery. I
> think
> you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
> The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
> Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito, added
> at the very end
> or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.
> You have tried; that you should be given credit for that.
> A nice try.
>

> "~patches~" > wrote in message
>
>>Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
>>for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
>>Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
>>olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
>>over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
>>Here's the pic.
>>http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

Whatever. This is the way we like our homemade pizza. While I do make
round pizza, we prefer the rectangle for certain family get togethers.
Since you don't have to eat it, your opinion really doesn't count. And
I can assure you I don't use inferior food items of any kind.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sat 12 Nov 2005 11:01:30p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Kent?
>

>>A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,
>>how to rise it properly, or how to get it on the stone.
>>There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the periphery.
>>I think
>>you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
>>The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
>>Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito,
>>added at the very end
>>or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.
>>You have tried; that you should be given credit for that.
>>A nice try.

> Somehow we weren't notified that the Pizza King died and you took the throne.
> As the new king, you need to brush up on your royal edicts!
>
> Zeesh!

No kidding! Since when were there rules about making pizza? It's
basically dough, sauce and toppings. Rather simple. He better get onto
some of the large pizza chains too since I know some of them make
rectangle pizzas but first he needs to go back to kindergarten and learn
the difference between *square* and *rectangle*.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 13 Nov 2005 06:12:38a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
Suran?

> ~patches~ wrote:
>> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
>> for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
>> Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
>> olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
>> over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
>> Here's the pic.
>> http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

> What a beautiful pie and I am sure it tasted as good as it looks. I
> wish I could make something so awesome. Thank you for the picture. M

Margaret, from all accounts, you're quite a creditable cook. I see no
reason why you couldn't make a pizza. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Pandora wrote:

> "~patches~" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>>Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
>>for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
>>Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
>>olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
>>over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
>>Here's the pic.
>>http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

> Nice photo and nice topping! BTW I prefer a thinner pizza!
> A question: did you put also yeast inside, or have you used only beer in
> place of water?
> Cheers
> Pandora

Thanks Pandora There is yeast too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Kent wrote:

> Say whatever you wish to.
> Nonetheless, this isn't a very good looking pizza,
> and one would have to assume that translates to the taste,
> that sensory organ at the posterior third of the dorsal surface of the
> tongue.
> It usually does.

Quite contrary to your esteemed assessment, it was a good looking pizza
and it tasted very good!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sun 13 Nov 2005 06:29:22a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ~patches~?
>

>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>

>>>On Sat 12 Nov 2005 09:01:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>>>~patches~?

>>>Looks delish! Also looks a lot like mine, but I never take pics. I
>>>never thought of using beer for the liquid. Is that a total
>>>replacement for the water in an ordinary yeast dough? I should give
>>>that a try.
>>>

>>The recipe is for making the dough in a breadmachine. It calls for only
>>beer as the liquid. I don't see why you couldn't replace the liquid
>>with beer in your recipe. I use a light beer with no preservatives most
>>times. The type of beer will affect the taste of the dough.
>>

> Thank you. I'm going to try this the next time I make pizza. Your crust
> looks delicious! FWIW, this is my ingredient list:
>
> 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups flour (I use half bread flour and half AP)
> 1 cup water
> 1 envelope of granulated dry yeast
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon sugar
> 2 tablespoons oil
>
> I imagine I could omit the sugar when using the beer.

No, my recipe includes sugar. A light beer works fine providing a very
subtle taste difference barely there but gives nicer rising properties.
A stronger beer can be used but will give a deeper beer flavour to the
dough which may not be desirable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 13 Nov 2005 07:12:16a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ~patches~?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Sun 13 Nov 2005 06:29:22a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it

~patches~?

their

>>>The recipe is for making the dough in a breadmachine. It calls for only
>>>beer as the liquid. I don't see why you couldn't replace the liquid
>>>with beer in your recipe. I use a light beer with no preservatives most
>>>times. The type of beer will affect the taste of the dough.
>>>

>> Thank you. I'm going to try this the next time I make pizza. Your

crust
>> looks delicious! FWIW, this is my ingredient list:
>>
>> 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups flour (I use half bread flour and half AP)
>> 1 cup water
>> 1 envelope of granulated dry yeast
>> 1 teaspoon salt
>> 1 teaspoon sugar
>> 2 tablespoons oil
>>
>> I imagine I could omit the sugar when using the beer.
>>

> No, my recipe includes sugar. A light beer works fine providing a very
> subtle taste difference barely there but gives nicer rising properties.
> A stronger beer can be used but will give a deeper beer flavour to the
> dough which may not be desirable.

Thanks, I'll leave the sugar in, and I'll use a light beer. I don't think
I'd like the taste of a deeper beer in the crust, although I do like the
flavor for drinking.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"~patches~" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Kent wrote:
>
>> A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,
>> how to rise it properly, or how to get it on the stone.
>> There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the periphery. I
>> think
>> you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
>> The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
>> Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito,
>> added at the very end
>> or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.
>> You have tried; that you should be given credit for that.
>> A nice try.
>>

>> "~patches~" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
>>>for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
>>>Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
>>>olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
>>>over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
>>>Here's the pic.
>>>http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

> Whatever. This is the way we like our homemade pizza. While I do make
> round pizza, we prefer the rectangle for certain family get togethers.
> Since you don't have to eat it, your opinion really doesn't count. And I
> can assure you I don't use inferior food items of any kind.

Pat! Why do you answer? you don't have to justified yourself!
Pan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"~patches~" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Sat 12 Nov 2005 11:01:30p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Kent?
>>

>>>A "square" pizza means you know nothing about pizza dough,
>>>how to rise it properly, or how to get it on the stone.
>>>There is too much cheese in the center and not enough at the periphery.
>>>I think
>>>you may be using a cheap inferior mozeralla,
>>>The supermarket quality mushrooms aren't cooked enough.
>>>Ham doesn't belong on pizza in general, unless it's either Proscuito,
>>>added at the very end
>>>or a fattier cured pork, like Canadian Bacon. Ham is much too dry.
>>>You have tried; that you should be given credit for that.
>>>A nice try.

>> Somehow we weren't notified that the Pizza King died and you took the
>> throne. As the new king, you need to brush up on your royal edicts!
>>
>> Zeesh!
>>

> No kidding! Since when were there rules about making pizza? It's
> basically dough, sauce and toppings. Rather simple. He better get onto
> some of the large pizza chains too since I know some of them make
> rectangle pizzas but first he needs to go back to kindergarten and learn
> the difference between *square* and *rectangle*.

....and triangule !!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Wayne Boatwright" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun 13 Nov 2005 06:12:38a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
> Suran?
>

>> ~patches~ wrote:
>>> Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
>>> for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
>>> Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
>>> olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
>>> over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
>>> Here's the pic.
>>> http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

>> What a beautiful pie and I am sure it tasted as good as it looks. I
>> wish I could make something so awesome. Thank you for the picture. M
>>

> Margaret, from all accounts, you're quite a creditable cook. I see no
> reason why you couldn't make a pizza. :-)

Margareth is too engaged with biscuits for the childrens!
Pan

> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>
> A chicken in every pot is a *LOT* of chicken!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sun 13 Nov 2005 07:12:16a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ~patches~?
>

>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>

>>>On Sun 13 Nov 2005 06:29:22a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it

> ~patches~?

> their

>>>Thank you. I'm going to try this the next time I make pizza. Your

> crust
>
>>>looks delicious! FWIW, this is my ingredient list:
>>>
>>>2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups flour (I use half bread flour and half AP)
>>>1 cup water
>>>1 envelope of granulated dry yeast
>>>1 teaspoon salt
>>>1 teaspoon sugar
>>>2 tablespoons oil
>>>
>>>I imagine I could omit the sugar when using the beer.
>>>

>>No, my recipe includes sugar. A light beer works fine providing a very
>>subtle taste difference barely there but gives nicer rising properties.
>> A stronger beer can be used but will give a deeper beer flavour to the
>>dough which may not be desirable.
>>

> Thanks, I'll leave the sugar in, and I'll use a light beer. I don't think
> I'd like the taste of a deeper beer in the crust, although I do like the
> flavor for drinking.

The only problem you are going to run in with using your recipe is the 1
c of beer. Since beer comes in bottles larger than 1 c you are going to
have to drink the rest
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"~patches~" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Pandora wrote:
>
>> "~patches~" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>
>>>Dinner was homemade pizza. The crust is made with beer instead of water
>>>for a high rising crust. The sauce was homecanned earlier this year.
>>>Toppings include fresh mushrooms, pepparoni, ham, onions, green peppers,
>>>olives, and motzarella cheese. This pizza fed 5 of us with a bit left
>>>over. Toppings were distributed as to who wanted what on their piece.
>>>Here's the pic.
>>>http://tinypic.com/fmo2g5.jpg

>> Nice photo and nice topping! BTW I prefer a thinner pizza!
>> A question: did you put also yeast inside, or have you used only beer in
>> place of water?
>> Cheers
>> Pandora

> Thanks Pandora There is yeast too.

Ohhh! So you put two yeasts!
I always make a big pizza , like you have made, when I have no time to make
home made bread!
Good!!!! And I thank you for the photo! I like it!!!
Cheers
Pandora