Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.

Default Ping: Barb

Oh goody! I am finally going to have an answer to a question
I've had for a long time. Did you submit a Kluski and Kraut
recipe to International Recipes, or do they just find recipes
and claim they have been "submitted"?
--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Jean B." >
wrote:

> Oh goody! I am finally going to have an answer to a question
> I've had for a long time. Did you submit a Kluski and Kraut
> recipe to International Recipes, or do they just find recipes
> and claim they have been "submitted"?

I've never submitted anything to them. What's the link, please?
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-9-05 finishing in four
parts the trip report from our vacation time in San Francisco
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Jean B." >
wrote:

> Oh goody! I am finally going to have an answer to a question
> I've had for a long time. Did you submit a Kluski and Kraut
> recipe to International Recipes, or do they just find recipes
> and claim they have been "submitted"?

I found it on r.f.recipes, Jean. Thanks. I wonder if "Dave" will
remove it from his site as I requested. Here's what I sent him:

Dave: You attribute my recipe for Kluski and Kraut (posted to
rec.food.recipes on October 31, 2005) as being "submitted by" me to your
site. It appears that you steal recipes from Usenet newsgroups for your
website, as I have posted it there; I have never submitted a recipe to
your site and am asking you to remove the recipe from your site content.
Thank you.
-Barb Schaller
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-9-05 finishing in four
parts the trip report from our vacation time in San Francisco
for Nephew Pat's wedding last weekend.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, "Jean B." >
> wrote:
>

>>Oh goody! I am finally going to have an answer to a question
>>I've had for a long time. Did you submit a Kluski and Kraut
>>recipe to International Recipes, or do they just find recipes
>>and claim they have been "submitted"?

> I found it on r.f.recipes, Jean. Thanks. I wonder if "Dave" will
> remove it from his site as I requested. Here's what I sent him:
>
> Dave: You attribute my recipe for Kluski and Kraut (posted to
> rec.food.recipes on October 31, 2005) as being "submitted by" me to your
> site. It appears that you steal recipes from Usenet newsgroups for your
> website, as I have posted it there; I have never submitted a recipe to
> your site and am asking you to remove the recipe from your site content.
> Thank you.
> -Barb Schaller

At least they attributed it to you. Several times I have found large
blocks of text from usenet articles that I've written (and not just
recipes) lifted verbatim on someone's website without any attribution
whatsoever.

On the other hand, but saying that you "submitted" the recipe, they are
implying that you endorse and support their web site.

Best regards,
Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:27:54 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >, "Jean B." >
>wrote:
>
>> Oh goody! I am finally going to have an answer to a question
>> I've had for a long time. Did you submit a Kluski and Kraut
>> recipe to International Recipes, or do they just find recipes
>> and claim they have been "submitted"?

>I found it on r.f.recipes, Jean. Thanks. I wonder if "Dave" will
>remove it from his site as I requested. Here's what I sent him:
>
>Dave: You attribute my recipe for Kluski and Kraut (posted to
>rec.food.recipes on October 31, 2005) as being "submitted by" me to your
>site. It appears that you steal recipes from Usenet newsgroups for your
>website, as I have posted it there; I have never submitted a recipe to
>your site and am asking you to remove the recipe from your site content.
>Thank you.
>-Barb Schaller

OOOO, I love it!

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
zxcvbob > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >, "Jean B." >
> > wrote:
> >

> >>Oh goody! I am finally going to have an answer to a question
> >>I've had for a long time. Did you submit a Kluski and Kraut
> >>recipe to International Recipes, or do they just find recipes
> >>and claim they have been "submitted"?

> > I found it on r.f.recipes, Jean. Thanks. I wonder if "Dave" will
> > remove it from his site as I requested. Here's what I sent him:
> >
> > Dave: You attribute my recipe for Kluski and Kraut (posted to
> > rec.food.recipes on October 31, 2005) as being "submitted by" me to your
> > site. It appears that you steal recipes from Usenet newsgroups for your
> > website, as I have posted it there; I have never submitted a recipe to
> > your site and am asking you to remove the recipe from your site content.
> > Thank you.
> > -Barb Schaller

> At least they attributed it to you. Several times I have found large
> blocks of text from usenet articles that I've written (and not just
> recipes) lifted verbatim on someone's website without any attribution
> whatsoever.

The bums.

> On the other hand, but saying that you "submitted" the recipe, they are
> implying that you endorse and support their web site.

My point.

--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-9-05 finishing in four
parts the trip report from our vacation time in San Francisco
for Nephew Pat's wedding last weekend.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
Boron Elgar > wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:27:54 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >, "Jean B." >
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Oh goody! I am finally going to have an answer to a question
> >> I've had for a long time. Did you submit a Kluski and Kraut
> >> recipe to International Recipes, or do they just find recipes
> >> and claim they have been "submitted"?

> >I found it on r.f.recipes, Jean. Thanks. I wonder if "Dave" will
> >remove it from his site as I requested. Here's what I sent him:
> >
> >Dave: You attribute my recipe for Kluski and Kraut (posted to
> >rec.food.recipes on October 31, 2005) as being "submitted by" me to your
> >site. It appears that you steal recipes from Usenet newsgroups for your
> >website, as I have posted it there; I have never submitted a recipe to
> >your site and am asking you to remove the recipe from your site content.
> >Thank you.
> >-Barb Schaller

> OOOO, I love it!
>
> Boron

Haven't heard anything yet.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-9-05 finishing in four
parts the trip report from our vacation time in San Francisco
for Nephew Pat's wedding last weekend.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >, "Jean B." >
> wrote:
>

>>Oh goody! I am finally going to have an answer to a question
>>I've had for a long time. Did you submit a Kluski and Kraut
>>recipe to International Recipes, or do they just find recipes
>>and claim they have been "submitted"?

> I've never submitted anything to them. What's the link, please?

Hehe. I forgot all about my ping until a few minutes ago. I
have long wondered whether this was the case. Now I know....
I hate it when folks do that!!!!

--
Jean B.

ping:Barb biig General Cooking 7 03-07-2008 01:54 PM
Ping: Barb, are you out there? Virginia Tadrzynski Preserving 0 28-11-2006 06:13 AM
Ping: Barb limey General Cooking 2 22-09-2004 06:32 PM
Ping Barb Grismalkin General Cooking 3 23-08-2004 03:12 AM
Ping: Barb! Kate Connally General Cooking 2 30-07-2004 06:39 PM