Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig

Default Allspice

Does anyone know what combination of spices is in this? Tia..Sharon
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roberta

biig wrote:
> Does anyone know what combination of spices is in this? Tia..Sharon

It is a spice unto itself

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/sr_allspice.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, biig > wrote:

> Does anyone know what combination of spices is in this? Tia..Sharon

It's not a combination - it's an all by itself.

http://www.recipestogo.com/glossary/glossaryA.html

Do this: Go to Google and enter this without the quotation marks:
"define: allspice" Lots of links to food encyclopedias and site
glossaries. Interesting.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 10-20-05 with a note from Niece Jo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >, biig > wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what combination of spices is in this? Tia..Sharon

> It's not a combination - it's an all by itself.
>
> http://www.recipestogo.com/glossary/glossaryA.html
>
> Do this: Go to Google and enter this without the quotation marks:
> "define: allspice" Lots of links to food encyclopedias and site
> glossaries. Interesting.
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 10-20-05 with a note from Niece Jo.

Thanks a bunch. Sharon
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Shaun aRe

"biig" > wrote in message ...

> Does anyone know what combination of spices is in this? Tia..Sharon

It's one spice, a pepper-corn-like berry, but it can be
simulated/approximated, with I believe clove, nutmeg and... cinnamon ?

Shaun aRe

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester

biig wrote:
> Does anyone know what combination of spices is in this? Tia..Sharon

It is not a combination of spices. It is the berry of a West Indies
tree (Pimenta dioica) in the myrtle family. It is called allspice
because its flavor is reminiscent of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig

Puester wrote:

> biig wrote:
> > Does anyone know what combination of spices is in this? Tia..Sharon

> It is not a combination of spices. It is the berry of a West Indies
> tree (Pimenta dioica) in the myrtle family. It is called allspice
> because its flavor is reminiscent of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
>
> gloria p

Thanks to all ...when you read the news(group) you know...lol...Sharon

Allspice Walker General Cooking 0 22-02-2009 12:02 AM
Banana And Allspice Pie James Lanka Recipes (moderated) 0 13-12-2008 11:45 PM
Rosemary and Allspice Rub Lavanda[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-04-2007 02:15 AM