Bonnie

Default Slow Cooker/Crockpot

Anyone know of any sites I can go into for beef stew & soup receipes
using a Crockpot? Also (while I'm at it) any receipes for escerole
soup.? Thanks in advance ~Bonnie~

..>Anyone know of any sites I can go into for beef stew & soup receipes
>using a Crockpot?

Try typing "crockpot beef stew" in your browser.

Leila

Google is so smart it'll ask you if you really mean "escarole" soup.

http://www.recipesource.com/soups/soups/17/rec1780.html

crockpot beef stew - two possibilities (with many recipes each) out of
thousands:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...ock_pot,FF.htm

http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blstew.htm

Leila
(what is it with webtv posts? And how is that company still in
business?)

Kswck

http://www.cookingcache.com/crockpot.html

Bonnie wrote:
> Anyone know of any sites I can go into for beef stew & soup receipes
> using a Crockpot? Also (while I'm at it) any receipes for escerole
> soup.? Thanks in advance ~Bonnie~

I don't know what escerole is, but here is my beef stew recipe:

Fill up your crockpot with as much meat and veggies as will fit.
Top off with beef broth or stock.
Season with salt and pepper if you like.
Put it on low for 10 hours.
Eat.

Here's a couple twists to make it even better:
*before adding the beef to the crockpot, dredge in flour and brown in a
skillit with olive oil.

*use country style boneless pork ribs instead of beef. (this is the
secret to my "vegetarian" beef stew.)

*just before you turn off the heat, mix some corn starch in a little
water and add it to the crockpot to thicken it up.

b.

Dee Randall

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Bonnie wrote:
>> Anyone know of any sites I can go into for beef stew & soup receipes
>> using a Crockpot? Also (while I'm at it) any receipes for escerole
>> soup.? Thanks in advance ~Bonnie~

> I don't know what escerole is, but here is my beef stew recipe:
>
> Fill up your crockpot with as much meat and veggies as will fit.
> Top off with beef broth or stock.
> Season with salt and pepper if you like.
> Put it on low for 10 hours.
> Eat.
>
> Here's a couple twists to make it even better:
> *before adding the beef to the crockpot, dredge in flour and brown in a
> skillit with olive oil.
>
> *use country style boneless pork ribs instead of beef. (this is the
> secret to my "vegetarian" beef stew.)
>
> *just before you turn off the heat, mix some corn starch in a little
> water and add it to the crockpot to thicken it up.
>
> b.

I've not done this, but I saw a friend do this: those "wonder" shakers of
flour you buy, you know of which I mean. As she was cooking the meat, she
would every now and then go over take the lid off, give it a look-see and
shake a few shakes of this flour into it. For some reason, the juices were
always thickened "just-so."
Dee Dee

Kevin_Sheehy

Dee Randall wrote on 10/22/2005:

<snip>

> I've not done this, but I saw a friend do this: those "wonder" shakers of
> flour you buy, you know of which I mean. As she was cooking the meat, she
> would every now and then go over take the lid off, give it a look-see and
> shake a few shakes of this flour into it. For some reason, the juices were
> always thickened "just-so."
> Dee Dee

Wondra?

Ward Abbott

On 23 Oct 2005 11:22:44 -0700, "Jude" > wrote:

>mad from pork ribs

MAD PORK RIBS.....what a shock...but I betcha you wouldn't die either.
More meat has passed your lips and y'all still keep going! <VBG>