Amberinauburn

Default Wilton Parchment paper

Can anyone tell me why Wilton doesn't put a little cutting blade on their
packages of parchment paper? I love the paper and use it for making cookies and
backing bacon among other things. But it's kind of a hassle to go find a pair
of scissors every time I use it.

Amber in Central Illinois

Vox Humana

"Amberinauburn" > wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me why Wilton doesn't put a little cutting blade on their
> packages of parchment paper? I love the paper and use it for making

cookies and
> backing bacon among other things. But it's kind of a hassle to go find a

pair
> of scissors every time I use it.
>
> Amber in Central Illinois

I see that GFS Marketplace has a store in Peoria and one is Springfield. If
either of these central Illinois cities is reasonably close you might want
to check out their parchment paper. They sell packages of 50 full sheet pan
size pieces for under $3. You can cut them in half (or smaller) and end up
with 100 half sheet pan sized liners for under 3 cents each. I find this
much cheaper than parchment on the roll. The sheets are folded around a
piece of cardboard and I just cut them in half while they are still in the
package. They are easy to store and you don't have to fool around with
parchment that curls up after you take it off a roll.
http://gfs.know-where.com/gfs/cgi/se...166&map.y= 78

Julia Altshuler

Amberinauburn wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why Wilton doesn't put a little cutting blade on their
> packages of parchment paper? I love the paper and use it for making cookies and
> backing bacon among other things. But it's kind of a hassle to go find a pair
> of scissors every time I use it.

Could you buy one box of another brand that does come with the blade,
save it, and fill it with the brand you like when it runs out? I'm not
familiar with Wilton brand parchment paper, but I often use this trick
when I like the packaging for one product but the actual product of another.

--Lia

George

"Amberinauburn" > wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me why Wilton doesn't put a little cutting blade on their
> packages of parchment paper? I love the paper and use it for making

cookies and
> backing bacon among other things. But it's kind of a hassle to go find a

pair
> of scissors every time I use it.
>
> Amber in Central Illinois

The Reynolds (same company that makes Al foil) brand has a cutter. We ran
out and I picked up a roll that simply said "100% unbleached parchment
paper" not realizing that some manufacturers make a user unfriendly package.
There was no cutter and it is a pain to use.

Kswck

"Amberinauburn" > wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me why Wilton doesn't put a little cutting blade on their
> packages of parchment paper? I love the paper and use it for making

cookies and
> backing bacon among other things. But it's kind of a hassle to go find a

pair
> of scissors every time I use it.
>
> Amber in Central Illinois

Next iem you empty a box of plastic wrap or tin foil, keep the box.

PENMART01

>"Amberinauburn" writes:
>
>Can anyone tell me why Wilton doesn't put a little cutting blade on their

packages >of parchment paper? It's kind of a hassle to go find a pair of
scissors every time I >use it.

Folks generally trim parchment paper to fit *precisely*... it's not used for
wrapping PB & J sammiches.