jmcquown

Default How to eat pizza - fingers or knife and fork?

Andy wrote:
> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
>> I also freeze some of the crusts for my cockatoo.
>> She really likes them!
>>
>> Cheers!
>> --
>> Om.

> Wondering if your cockatoo wouldn't like some of the slice too, if it
> was more convenient?
>
> Andy

Some things you shouldn't give to a bird. Pepperoni would be included

Jill

jmcquown

kilikini wrote:
> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>>
>>> "cathyxyz" > wrote

>>> There is no preference. There is only one way. Pizza is finger
>>> food.
>>>
>>> Geez, next we'll have people eating ribs and fried chicken with
>>> a knife and fork. Some people.
>>>
>>> nancy
>>>

>> Actually, I've seen people eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.
>> ;-)
>>
>> Watermelon too.
>>
>> Sad......
>>
>> Poor repressed souls!
>> --
>> Om.
>>

> I eat fried chicken with a fork......... and ribs. I cut my
> hamburgers, too.
>
> kili

You're a nut. I knew it! You just need lots of wet-naps

Jill

Nancy1

cathyxyz wrote:
> Any preference?
>
> --
> Cheers
> Cathy(xyz) - just curious

Before the idiotic deep dish or thick crust craze, pizza was
"traditionally" (as much as there is a tradition) served by folding the
generous wedge-shaped slice in half, lengthwise, and then eating it
like that -- folded over - there weren't a half inch of extraneous
cheeses or too much sauce on the top - nothing unmanageable really
oozed out - the crust was crispy and non-messy. It was perfect.
That's still the way I make and serve my home-made.

N.

Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 21 Oct 2005 06:47:53a, Nancy1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> cathyxyz wrote:
>> Any preference?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Cathy(xyz) - just curious

> Before the idiotic deep dish or thick crust craze, pizza was
> "traditionally" (as much as there is a tradition) served by folding the
> generous wedge-shaped slice in half, lengthwise, and then eating it
> like that -- folded over - there weren't a half inch of extraneous
> cheeses or too much sauce on the top - nothing unmanageable really
> oozed out - the crust was crispy and non-messy. It was perfect.
> That's still the way I make and serve my home-made.
>
> N.

It seems that no matter how thin I roll or shape my dough before baking,
there's always a lot of oven rise and my finished crust is never less than
1/4-3/8" thick. Too much yeast? We like it that way, but I would really
like to try a very thin crust. How do you make yours, Nancy?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/eikz78.jpg

Meet Mr. Bailey
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >, Andy <q>
wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > I also freeze some of the crusts for my cockatoo.
> > She really likes them!
> >
> > Cheers!
> > --
> > Om.

> Wondering if your cockatoo wouldn't like some of the slice too, if it
> was more convenient?
>
> Andy

Have not offered that yet. :-)
I'd have to make sure it was nice and cool!

She got Gala apple this morning along with a fresh ear of corn on the
cob.

She eats better than I do sometimes! <lol>
--
Om.

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Andy wrote:
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> >> I also freeze some of the crusts for my cockatoo.
> >> She really likes them!
> >>
> >> Cheers!
> >> --
> >> Om.

> > Wondering if your cockatoo wouldn't like some of the slice too, if it
> > was more convenient?
> >
> > Andy

> Some things you shouldn't give to a bird. Pepperoni would be included
>
> Jill

Too salty...

Personally, I don't like pepperoni either!
It is way too salty even for me!

I generally do Sausage, mushrooms and black olives. ;-d

ATM, Freya just gets the crusts. ;-)
--
Om.

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> kilikini wrote:
> > "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message

> >> Actually, I've seen people eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.
> >> ;-)
> >>
> >> Watermelon too.
> >>
> >> Sad......
> >>
> >> Poor repressed souls!
> >> --
> >> Om.
> >>

> > I eat fried chicken with a fork......... and ribs. I cut my
> > hamburgers, too.
> >
> > kili

> You're a nut. I knew it! You just need lots of wet-naps
>
> Jill

Wet-nap..

Is that anything like a wet-dream?

Om -> ducking and running.......
--
Om.

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com>,
"Nancy1" > wrote:

> cathyxyz wrote:
> > Any preference?
> >
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Cathy(xyz) - just curious

> Before the idiotic deep dish or thick crust craze, pizza was
> "traditionally" (as much as there is a tradition) served by folding the
> generous wedge-shaped slice in half, lengthwise, and then eating it
> like that -- folded over - there weren't a half inch of extraneous
> cheeses or too much sauce on the top - nothing unmanageable really
> oozed out - the crust was crispy and non-messy. It was perfect.
> That's still the way I make and serve my home-made.
>
> N.

My main compliant about pizza is that there is NEVER enough cheese on it!
I always request extra. ;-d
--
Om.

Dan Goodman

Other alternatives include:

Chopsticks.

Knife and spoon.

Tongs.

--
Dan Goodman
Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/

rosie

Any preference?

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz) - just curious

Pizza in Italy is eaten with a knife and fork, unless you buy a slice
on the street, Pizza in good old USA is eaten with fingers, and yes,
you must lick your fingers.

Rosie

LittleGreyPoodle

cathyxyz wrote:
> Any preference?

Depends upon what type of pizza and where you're from.

There are some parts of the US where pizza is cut up into squares and
not slices, and eaten with a fork.

Personally, deep dish is easier with fork, a New York style with a thin
stiff crust is easier by hand.
LittleGreyPoodle

Dan Abel wrote:

> On my last day of work before retirement, August 19, my group took me
> out to lunch. Most of us had burgers, and the guy next to me used knife
> and fork. It was pretty weird, not so much because of the knife and

I'll do a burger with knife and fork sometimes. Depends upon the bun. I
have some intestinal problems and sesame seeds bother me. So if I'm out
on a social occasion and craving a burger, I usually don't have the
option of picking whether it's a seeded bun or not. If it is, I'll take
the patty out of the bun and eat it like a hamburger steak.

If I do fast food burgers, I usually go where they only do non-seeded
buns and then I'll eat it with hands.
sf

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:12:39 +0200, Pandora wrote:

> "cathyxyz" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > Pandora wrote:

> >> With mouth!
> >> Pandora

> > LOL. Okay... am trying to picture this!! Look Ma, no hands!

> ROTFL! No hands, no fingers, no fork. Only mouth and tongue
> Pan

Ooooo you're good! One of my friends actually demonstrated how to tie
a cherry stem with her tongue *and it wasn't a fancy "long stem"*
either. Can you do that?
sf

On 21 Oct 2005 16:04:41 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> It seems that no matter how thin I roll or shape my dough before baking,
> there's always a lot of oven rise and my finished crust is never less than
> 1/4-3/8" thick. Too much yeast? We like it that way, but I would really
> like to try a very thin crust. How do you make yours, Nancy?

Good grief! You think 1/4 " is too thick??? I don't think I'd like
it any thinner. That would be thinner than a tortilla and on the way
to paper thin. I don't like cracker crust pizza.

sf

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:38:30 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> My main compliant about pizza is that there is NEVER enough cheese on it!
> I always request extra. ;-d

LOL and I think they overdo it more often than not! Same with sauce.
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 21 Oct 2005 11:11:07p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 21 Oct 2005 16:04:41 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> It seems that no matter how thin I roll or shape my dough before
>> baking, there's always a lot of oven rise and my finished crust is
>> never less than 1/4-3/8" thick. Too much yeast? We like it that
>> way, but I would really like to try a very thin crust. How do you
>> make yours, Nancy?

> Good grief! You think 1/4 " is too thick??? I don't think I'd like
> it any thinner. That would be thinner than a tortilla and on the way
> to paper thin. I don't like cracker crust pizza.

Read that again, Barbara. We *do* like the way it comes out, 1/4-3/8"
thick. I would just like to *try* making a thinner crust. New York style
is ultra-thin. Not my favorite, but I've never actually tried making it
that way myself.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/eikz78.jpg

Meet Mr. Bailey

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> Margaret Suran > wrote:
>
> > Finger food, of course. Just like Pommes Frites and Asparagus.
> > Roasted or fried chicken, too. There shouldn't even be a discussion
> > about these finger foods.

> Roasted chicken as finger food? You jest. Put Johnny away, Woman!
> He's no good for you!
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 10-20-05 with a note from Niece Jo.

You ever been to Medieval Times? You eat dinner in a big stadium like
restaraunt and watch jousting and sword fights and such.

Dinner is a half roasted chicken, little baked potatoes, and soup. And
NO SIVERWARE.

BTW, when God eats chicken, he eats a half roasted chicken with his
fingers. That's why he made half chickens. So we could roast them and
eat them with our fingers.

b.

~patches~ wrote:
> As
> long as it tastes good & gets in your mouth what difference does it make?

[snipped]

hmm....

kilikini

"Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
t...
> Other alternatives include:
>
> Chopsticks.
>
> Knife and spoon.
>
> Tongs.

I've used chopstickx on ribs and pulled pork, many times!

kili

jmcquown

Dee Randall wrote:
> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Thu 20 Oct 2005 01:35:34p, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in
>> rec.food.cooking:

> If watermelon is not being served to others, and there is only DH and
> me -- I eat mine with my head hanging over the sink - he hates
> watermelon. Actually I've never run across anyone else who didn't
> like melon. He hates canteloupe and pouts until it's all eaten
> because of the smell. That doesn't bother me at all -- tee hee.
> Dee Dee

I don't like any kind of melons, either, nor do I care for the smell.

I just pick up a slice of pizza and eat it

Jill

sf

On 22 Oct 2005 09:22:27 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Fri 21 Oct 2005 11:11:07p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > On 21 Oct 2005 16:04:41 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >
> >> It seems that no matter how thin I roll or shape my dough before
> >> baking, there's always a lot of oven rise and my finished crust is
> >> never less than 1/4-3/8" thick. Too much yeast? We like it that
> >> way, but I would really like to try a very thin crust. How do you
> >> make yours, Nancy?

> > Good grief! You think 1/4 " is too thick??? I don't think I'd like
> > it any thinner. That would be thinner than a tortilla and on the way
> > to paper thin. I don't like cracker crust pizza.

> Read that again, Barbara. We *do* like the way it comes out, 1/4-3/8"
> thick. I would just like to *try* making a thinner crust. New York style
> is ultra-thin. Not my favorite, but I've never actually tried making it
> that way myself.

Aaak. Sorry, I take it all back.

Pandora

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:12:39 +0200, Pandora wrote:

>> > LOL. Okay... am trying to picture this!! Look Ma, no hands!

>> ROTFL! No hands, no fingers, no fork. Only mouth and tongue
>> Pan
>> >

> Ooooo you're good! One of my friends actually demonstrated how to tie
> a cherry stem with her tongue *and it wasn't a fancy "long stem"*
> either. Can you do that?

Oh, no! My tongue is not so long
pan

David Alt