Kathy in NZ

Default Xmas barbecue

Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....

This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.

We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.

What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
opposed to any old barbecue?

Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
foods.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reg

Kathy in NZ wrote:

> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>
> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>
> We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.
>
> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
> opposed to any old barbecue?
>
> Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
> foods.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How about a Christmas Goose? You can do them with or without
the rotisserie. They run about 12 lbs (5 1/2 kg) and feed 5-6
people.

My other Christmas favorite is prime rib.

Bubba

Kathy in NZ wrote:
> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>
> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>
> We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.
>
> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
> opposed to any old barbecue?
>
> Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
> foods.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Carpetbagger steak ain't a bad way to go if you want special.

Bubba

--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?
Kathy in NZ

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:55:45 GMT, Bubba >
wrote:

>Kathy in NZ wrote:
>> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>>
>> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
>> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
>> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>>

>Carpetbagger steak ain't a bad way to go if you want special.
>
>Bubba

Carpet bagger steak is lovely, except our really terrific oysters,
Bluff oysters, are out of season then. But then again, I don't regard
steak as Christmasy.

I think I have a problem in that to me, turkey is Christmas, crayfish
(seawater lobsters) and prawns could be Christmasy, but I'm not sure
what else could be.
Staycalm

What about a big baked ham? Can you do something like that in the BBQ?

Liz
"Kathy in NZ" > wrote in message
> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>
> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>
> We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.
>
> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
> opposed to any old barbecue?
>
> Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
> foods.

Andy

Kathy in NZ wrote:

> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
> opposed to any old barbecue?

Kathy,

Thinking Christmas colors... how abut roasted stuffed red chili peppers
capped with green olives?

Andy
Mr Libido Incognito

Kathy in NZ wrote on 07 Oct 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:55:45 GMT, Bubba >
> wrote:
>
> >Kathy in NZ wrote:
> >> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
> >>
> >> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
> >> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
> >> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
> >>

> >Carpetbagger steak ain't a bad way to go if you want special.
> >
> >Bubba
> >

> Carpet bagger steak is lovely, except our really terrific oysters,
> Bluff oysters, are out of season then. But then again, I don't regard
> steak as Christmasy.
>
> I think I have a problem in that to me, turkey is Christmas, crayfish
> (seawater lobsters) and prawns could be Christmasy, but I'm not sure
> what else could be.

If you insist on turkey or ham, then the prep should be special. For the
roasting of the turkey/ham...get some apple wood chips or your preference
of chip to add smokey-flavour to the rotating bird, make a special wild
rice and sausage dressing, can't call it stuffing as it'll have to cook
seperate from the bird, in the oven. Get a good recipe for condiments...
say a nice cranberry orange relish.

Oh! And a nice glaze for the bird or pig part would be seasonal as well.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Chris

"Kathy in NZ" > wrote in message
> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>
> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>
> We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.
>
> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
> opposed to any old barbecue?

Could you do your turkey on the rotisserie? It'll still be turkey, but
it'll have more of an outdoor flavor. Or could you rotisserie some game
hens?

Or, how about reindeer? ;-)

jmcquown

Kathy in NZ wrote:
> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>
> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>
> We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.
>
> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
> opposed to any old barbecue?
>
> Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
> foods.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

What do you consider "ordinary barbecue foods" in New Zealand? Living in
the southern U.S., to me barbecue foods are pulled pork and the like and
that doesn't seem Christmassy at all.

Jill

~patches~

Chris wrote:
> "Kathy in NZ" > wrote in message
>
>>Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>>
>>This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
>>traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
>>event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>>
>>We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.
>>
>>What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
>>opposed to any old barbecue?
>>

> Could you do your turkey on the rotisserie? It'll still be turkey, but
> it'll have more of an outdoor flavor. Or could you rotisserie some game
> hens?
>
> Or, how about reindeer? ;-)

Depending on how big the bbq is the OP could roast a turkey on it. Just
remove any top racks and use the bbq as an oven.
Reg

Dog3 wrote:

> I was thinking of suggesting along those lines also Reg. I was thinking
> duck and prime rib. Both are excellent for holiday meals.

So true. Duck is kind of small but you could do several at once
or parcook a bunch if it's a large group.

I know one maniac who rotisseries his prime rib every year (Not me.
I just smoke it and finish it on the grill).

He's destroyed at least one motor this way but he still
does it. I love seeing that kind of commitment.

Dimitri

"Kathy in NZ" > wrote in message
> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>
> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>
> We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.
>
> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
> opposed to any old barbecue?
>
> Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
> foods.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

A few years ago I boned a turkey and made a cornbread chorizo (Mexican Sausage)
and jalapeño stuffing then grilled on the gas grill over indirect heat until the
proper temperature. It turned out quite well.

Dimitri

Puester

Kathy in NZ wrote:
> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>
> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>
> We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.
>
> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
> opposed to any old barbecue?
>
> Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
> foods.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

A beef tenderloin. When I have more time I'll post a recipe
from Cooks' Illustrated magazine that far exceeds the quality
of any other method of roasting beef. It's incredibly good.

gloria p

Bubba

Kathy in NZ wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:55:45 GMT, Bubba >
> wrote:
>

>>Kathy in NZ wrote:
>>
>>>Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>>>
>>>This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
>>>traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
>>>event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>>>

>>Carpetbagger steak ain't a bad way to go if you want special.
>>
>>Bubba
>>

> Carpet bagger steak is lovely, except our really terrific oysters,
> Bluff oysters, are out of season then. But then again, I don't regard
> steak as Christmasy.
>
> I think I have a problem in that to me, turkey is Christmas, crayfish
> (seawater lobsters) and prawns could be Christmasy, but I'm not sure
> what else could be.

So stuff the filet with lobster....or reverse the process and stuff a
lobster with filet!!!

Bubba

--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?
Nexis

"Dog3" > wrote in message
1...
> Reg > wrote in
> :
>
>> Kathy in NZ wrote:
>>
>>> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>>>
>>> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
>>> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
>>> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>>>
>>> We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.
>>>
>>> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
>>> opposed to any old barbecue?
>>>
>>> Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
>>> foods.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

>> How about a Christmas Goose? You can do them with or without
>> the rotisserie. They run about 12 lbs (5 1/2 kg) and feed 5-6
>> people.
>>
>> My other Christmas favorite is prime rib.
>>

> I was thinking of suggesting along those lines also Reg. I was thinking
> duck and prime rib. Both are excellent for holiday meals.
>
> Michael

Never ever will I eat duck again. Ugh.

kimberly

nina

Kathy in NZ wrote:
> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>
> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>
> We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.
>
> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
> opposed to any old barbecue?
>
> Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
> foods.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

In puerto rico, it is traditional to roast a pig. Can ya fit a pig in
that grill??

zxcvbob

Kathy in NZ wrote:
> Now I know this concept will be foreign to most of you....
>
> This Christmas I'm thinking of having a barbecue instead of the
> traditional roast turkey. Christmas in NZ comes in summer. It's a big
> event; we don't compete with Thanksgiving.
>
> We have a new gas barbecue. It has a lid, and rotisserie.
>
> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
> opposed to any old barbecue?
>
> Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
> foods.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Has anyone mentioned reindeer yet?

-Bob
Puester

zxcvbob wrote:
> Kathy in NZ wrote:
>

>> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
>> opposed to any old barbecue?
>>
>> Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
>> foods.

> Has anyone mentioned reindeer yet?
>
> -Bob

Eeeuuuwwww....you can't eat BAMBI!!!!!!

gloria p

Kathy in NZ

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:21:42 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Kathy in NZ wrote:

>> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
>> opposed to any old barbecue?

>What do you consider "ordinary barbecue foods" in New Zealand? Living in
>the southern U.S., to me barbecue foods are pulled pork and the like and
>that doesn't seem Christmassy at all.
>
>Jill

Jill, ordinary and common barbecue foods in New Zealand a
chicken pieces
sausages
steak
lamb chops
hamburgers
shisk kebabs
pork strips

But now that hooded barbecues are becoming popular, ideas are also
going upmarket.

Last summer I cooked rotisserie chicken, rotisserie pork, pork spare
ribs, garlic prawns; I made side dishes of asparagus, portobello
mushrooms, potatoes on the bbq flat plate; and used the side burner to
make potato latkes.

Kathy

Kathy in NZ

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 01:50:54 GMT, Puester >
wrote:

>zxcvbob wrote:
>> Kathy in NZ wrote:
>>

>>> What can I cook that will make this barbecue meal Christmasy, as
>>> opposed to any old barbecue?
>>>
>>> Expense is no problem. It has to be special, not ordinary barbecue
>>> foods.

>> Has anyone mentioned reindeer yet?
>>
>> -Bob

>Eeeuuuwwww....you can't eat BAMBI!!!!!!
>
>gloria p

Well, I would consider bambi but we don't have reindeer here, it's too
warm. We do have deer though!

Thanks for all the ideas so far. I think we'll be a small group this
Christmas, 3-6 people, or if we're unlucky, just two.

Kathy

Ranee Mueller

In article <fbC1f.664$i%.573@fed1read07>, "Nexis" >
wrote:

> Never ever will I eat duck again. Ugh.

Why not?

Regards,
Ranee (loves duck)

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
sf

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:01:14 -0700, Ranee Mueller wrote:

> New Year's is Ham and Smoked Salmon

For appetizers? I never associate a real meal with New Years.

cathyxyz

Boron Elgar wrote:

> How usual is it down there to do a boneless leg of lamb on the
> rotisserie?
>
> We stuff ours with garlic, rosemary and tarragon and let it sit for
> half an hour, heavily sprinkled with balsamic vinegar and a bit of
> olive oil, then load it onto the spit. Check temp with a thermometer.
>
> Boron

I am not Kathy from NZ, and I haven't read this whole thread, but...
Lamb on the spit is very popular in South Africa too... and your
marinade has made my mouth water.

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

Why not just have a simple dinner like toast and tea? Save some money
and keep the holiday simple. You don't need to elaborate on gifts and a
huge dinner to
celebrate christs' birthday.

Toast,tea, and talk......then sleep.

chuck
kentucky

text="white"></html>

Bob Terwilliger

Ranee replied to Nexis:

>> Never ever will I eat duck again. Ugh.

> Why not?

I had that same question but Google answered it for me: She doesn't like a
gamy flavor, but more significantly, she doesn't like dark meat poultry.

Bob

Bob Terwilliger

Kathy in NZ wrote:

> Oh no, Chuck, Xmas dinner is *the* dinner of the year. No matter how
> many or how few people are there to celebrate, it's the most important
> family ocassion of the year.
>
> I'm afraid to tell you, we take Christ out of Xmas.

I didn't read this discussion when it first started, so I just went back and
read the discussion on Google. As I understand it, you want to have a big
holiday-fest right around your summer solstice, right? So asparagus,
artichokes, cherries, and strawberries will be in season, if your seasonal
produce calendar is similar to mine. Peaches and plums will just be coming
around, and early tomatoes should be available. For the main course, lamb
and veal ought to be good that time of year, and you want to use your new
grill. (If not for that last part, I'd recommend blanquette de veau.)

How about something like this (from http://home.discovery.com):

Proscuitto Wrapped Veal

3 lbs veal loin, slightly flattened
10 oz of proscuitto, thinly sliced

Marinade:
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
2 sprigs of fresh sage
1 cup of white wine (250ml)
3 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of ground pepper (10ml)
2 tablespoons of olive oil (30ml) + 1 tablespoon (15ml)

Drip pan ingredients:
2 cups of white wine (475ml)
3 sprigs of rosemary

Combine marinade ingredients in blender, pour in oil as blending and puree
until smooth. In a large sealable bag, add marinade and veal. Refrigerate
12-24 hours.

Remove veal from marinade, lay flat and pat dry. Place the veal on a large
piece of plastic wrap, cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Lightly
tenderize the veal. On a large piece of plastic wrap place slices of
proscuitto. Place the unwrapped piece of veal in centre of proscuitto,
drizzle with oil and season with pepper. While lifting the plastic wrap
gently, encase the veal. Wrap again tightly with more plastic and let it set
up in the fridge for 15 minutes.

Bring veal to room temperature before grilling. Remove the plastic wrap.

Place a drip pan under the grill rack and add rosemary and white wine.
Prepare grill for indirect heat by heating only one side of the grill to
high and close lid.

Preheat grill to 350ºF/175ºC.

Place veal on the grill side with no direct heat and grill for one hour,
until the internal temperature reads 150ºF on a meat thermometer. Remove
from grill and cover with foil. Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.

Yield: 8 servings

To be frank, I'm not crazy about that particular recipe because it seems
like the veal would come out too dry, but I see it as a good direction to
take. I'd tweak it by taking the sage out of the marinade and adding some
kind of fruit in there somewhere, like periodically brushing the
prosciutto-wrapped veal with a peach-based barbecue sauce or a tomato-based
glaze.

Or how about this, from www.jacquespepin.net/recipes/july05.html

Grilled Shoulder Of Veal With Herb Butter And Potato-And-Corn Packages
Yield: 14 To 16 Servings

A large piece of grilled meat makes a fine centerpiece for a big summer
party. The shoulder of veal featured here is easy to prepare, since it is
not boned out. It is placed on the barbecue just as it comes from the
market. The front leg or shoulder is relatively inexpensive, although it
will probably have to be special ordered from a butcher. Buy veal that is
white and of good quality-sometimes called "fancy" veal, "nature" veal,
plume de veau, or provimi veal. The grilling is best done over a wood-ember
fire, but a gas grill is fine also. The grill rack should be clean and the
heat at medium, and it is preferable to use a grill with a lid. The whole
grilled shoulder can be presented on a large piece of drift wood, with a
sharp knife and the herb butter alongside. The guests can carve their own
servings and brush the slices of meat with the herb butter.

The potatoes and corn can be cooked in the oven in a gratin dish, but, in
the spirit of an outdoor party, for this recipe each portion is wrapped in
aluminum foil to create packages that are easy to cook on the grill and to
serve. These packages can be assembled while the meat is cooking, then
placed on the barbecue to cook after the veal has been removed from the
grill and is resting.

The herb butter can be made ahead and even frozen, if need be. It is also
good for serving as a flavoring for steaks, stews, sauces, and fish.

VEAL
1 whole shoulder of veal without the shank (14 to 16 pounds)
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

Have a strong fire going on the grill that can last and withstand long
cooking. Push the hot ashes to the side, so the place where you put the
shoulder is not too terribly hot.

HERB BUTTER
2 cups (lightly packed) mixed herbs (1 cup parsley and 1 cup mixture of
tarragon, basil, chives, and chervil)
8 ounces unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Sprinkle the shoulder with the salt and pepper, and place it, top side down,
on the rack of the hot grill. Cook for approximately 30 minutes, then turn
it over, and cook for 30 minutes to brown it on the other side. Continue
cooking over medium to low heat, turning the roast every 45 minutes or so,
for a total of 2 1/2 hours. When the internal temperature of the meat is 125
to 130 degrees, remove it from the grill, and place it on a tray. Put in a
170-degree oven to rest and continue cooking in its own juices for 30 to
fi60 minutes longer. 9If you can't transfer the veal to an oven, cover it
with a piece of aluminum foil, and let it sit in a warm place off to the
side of the barbecue to rest.)

For the herb butter: In a food processor, process the mixed herbs for about
10 seconds. Add the butter along with the lemon juice, Pepper, and salt.
Process until well homogenized. Store in a small terrine or crock at room
temperature. Serve with a pastry brush. If not using immediately,
refrigerate, then soften to room temperature before serving with the veal
roast.

Potato-and-corn packages
YIELD: 14 TO 16 PACKAGES
3 pounds potatoes, peeled, washed, and sliced thin
5 to, 6 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed, and chopped (1 tablespoon)
4 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
11/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 large ears corn, kernels cut off the cob (about 4 cups kernels)

Place the thinly sliced potatoes 9washed after peeling but not after
slicing-you want to preserve the starch for proper texture) in a large pot.
Add the garlic, milk, cream, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring
well to prevent scorching. The liquid will thicken as it boils because of
the starch in the potatoes.

Line one heatproof glass bowl (with about a 2-cup capacity) with a 12-inch
square of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Using a scoop, fill the foil-lined bowl
with about 3/4 cup of the potato mixture and Yi cup of the corn kernels.
Pinch the ends of the foil together enough to seal but not too tightly, so
steam can escape, and remove from the glass bowl. Continue making these foil
packages until you have used up all the potatoes and corn. You should have
14 to 16 packages. While the meat is resting in the oven or off to the side
of the barbecue, cook the packages on the grill over medium heat for 45
minutes.

To serve: Slice the veal, brush with the soft herb butter, and serve with
the potato-and-corn packages.

Bob

Ranee Mueller

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:01:14 -0700, Ranee Mueller wrote:
>
> > New Year's is Ham and Smoked Salmon

> For appetizers? I never associate a real meal with New Years.

We have a big bash each year with a buffet spread of appetizers, yes,
but we also have a big ham and rolls and stuff for people to make
sandwiches, and the smoked salmon because we like it. It's our
anniversary that night, too.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Jude

Ranee Mueller wrote:
> > > New Year's is Ham and Smoked Salmon

> > For appetizers? I never associate a real meal with New Years.

> We have a big bash each year with a buffet spread of appetizers, yes,
> but we also have a big ham and rolls and stuff for people to make
> sandwiches, and the smoked salmon because we like it. It's our
> anniversary that night, too.

cool - that's my parents anniversary too. makes it easy to remember.
they've been married 45 years !!! how bout you? = )

-L.

~patches~ wrote:

> Depending on how big the bbq is the OP could roast a turkey on it. Just
> remove any top racks and use the bbq as an oven.

Grilled turkey is the best turkey, IMO. Nothing better.
-L.

Ranee Mueller

In article .com>,
"Jude" > wrote:

> > > For appetizers? I never associate a real meal with New Years.

> > We have a big bash each year with a buffet spread of appetizers, yes,
> > but we also have a big ham and rolls and stuff for people to make
> > sandwiches, and the smoked salmon because we like it. It's our
> > anniversary that night, too.
> >

> cool - that's my parents anniversary too. makes it easy to remember.
> they've been married 45 years !!! how bout you? = )

We're babes in the wood. It will be nine years this year.

Regards
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
kilikini

"Ranee Mueller" > wrote in message
> In article .com>,

> > > We have a big bash each year with a buffet spread of appetizers,

yes,
> > > but we also have a big ham and rolls and stuff for people to make
> > > sandwiches, and the smoked salmon because we like it. It's our
> > > anniversary that night, too.
> > >

> > cool - that's my parents anniversary too. makes it easy to remember.
> > they've been married 45 years !!! how bout you? = )

> We're babes in the wood. It will be nine years this year.

We're the babes, Renee! 1 year this weekend. :~)

kili

Ranee Mueller

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> We're the babes, Renee! 1 year this weekend. :~)

Congratulations! This past weekend was 11 years since we started
dating.

Regards,
Ranee