(organic) calf's liver - where to buy - please help

Old 27-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Adam
Usenet poster

Default (organic) calf's liver - where to buy - please help

Where's the best place to buy (organic) calf's liver in
the San Francisco Bay Area? Please be specific, if possible.

Old 27-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Sheldon
Usenet poster

Adam wrote:
Where's the best place to buy (organic) calf's liver in
the San Francisco Bay Area? Please be specific, if possible.

All liver is organic, how can an organ not be.

Sheldon

Old 27-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Adam
Usenet poster

Ha-ha ... very funny ... wise guy. )

"Sheldon" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 27-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Steve Pope
Usenet poster

Adam wrote:

Where's the best place to buy (organic) calf's liver in
the San Francisco Bay Area? Please be specific, if possible.

The first place I'd try would be the vendor in the
Ferry Building who handles organic and free-range veal.
I am unsure of their name but perhaps someone can fill
that in.

Steve
Old 28-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Adam
Usenet poster

Great info! Thanks!

What days of the week is the vendor available?
Or, is this a farmer's market type of vendor?
And, what price range should I expect to pay?

Old 28-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Steve Pope
Usenet poster

Adam wrote:

Great info! Thanks!

What days of the week is the vendor available?
Or, is this a farmer's market type of vendor?
And, what price range should I expect to pay?

They're open most days. This is a full-time Ferry Building
vendor, not part of the weekend farmer's market there.

The Ferry Building has a website, I suggest you google
them up.

Steve
Old 28-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Michael Sierchio
Usenet poster

Adam wrote:
Great info! Thanks!

What days of the week is the vendor available?

Prather Ranch Meat Company is in the Ferry Bldg, open
every day except Monday.

http://www.pratherranch.com/
Prather Ranch | Buy Certified Organic Beef On-line | Free from BSE / Mad Cow Disease
Old 28-09-2005, 03:20 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet
Usenet poster

In article .com,
"Sheldon" wrote:

Adam wrote:
Where's the best place to buy (organic) calf's liver in
the San Francisco Bay Area? Please be specific, if possible.

All liver is organic, how can an organ not be.

Sheldon

snorts coffee on keyboard

Owch! ;-)
--
Om.

Old 28-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Steve Fenwick
Usenet poster

Michael Sierchio wrote:

Adam wrote:
Great info! Thanks!

What days of the week is the vendor available?

Prather Ranch Meat Company is in the Ferry Bldg, open
every day except Monday.

http://www.pratherranch.com/
Prather Ranch | Buy Certified Organic Beef On-line | Free from BSE / Mad Cow
Disease

Prather? Oh, heck, you don't have to go to San Francisco. They hit many
of the farmers' markets during the course of a week (e.g., they're in
Mountain View) on Sunday). They're also in some retail stores, according
to their website.

Steve

--
steve at w0x0f dot com
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
Old 28-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Steve Pope
Usenet poster

Steve Fenwick wrote:

Prather? Oh, heck, you don't have to go to San Francisco. They hit many
of the farmers' markets during the course of a week (e.g., they're in
Mountain View) on Sunday). They're also in some retail stores, according
to their website.

That may be them, or there's another one in the Ferry Building --
I think "Golden Gate Meats" or something similar.

In any case, those organic organs are not far away.

Steve
Old 29-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Adam
Usenet poster

Gotcha! Thanks, everyone!

"Steve Pope" wrote in message ...
Adam wrote:

Where's the best place to buy (organic) calf's liver in
the San Francisco Bay Area? Please be specific, if possible.

The first place I'd try would be the vendor in the
Ferry Building who handles organic and free-range veal.
I am unsure of their name but perhaps someone can fill
that in.

Steve

Advice needed re. bacon in Vegetarian meal LittleMissTerious Vegan 50 20-08-2005 10:29 AM
Sauteed Calf's Liver With Pancetta And Red Onions FREECYCLE MOM General Cooking 0 11-05-2005 07:27 PM
organic tea Base in china (looking for cooperation) Mr.Wang Tea 0 14-12-2004 08:07 AM
ORGANIC BYTES #29 Laurie Vegan 0 14-03-2004 02:46 PM
Calves Liver (3) Collection Mary Filmore Recipes (moderated) 0 15-01-2004 05:16 AM