FoodBanter.com

-   -   (organic) calf's liver - where to buy - please help (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/70953-organic-calfs-liver-where.html)

Adam 27-09-2005 10:53 PM

(organic) calf's liver - where to buy - please help

Where's the best place to buy (organic) calf's liver in
the San Francisco Bay Area? Please be specific, if possible.

Sheldon 27-09-2005 11:17 PM

Adam wrote:
> Where's the best place to buy (organic) calf's liver in
> the San Francisco Bay Area? Please be specific, if possible.

All liver is organic, how can an organ not be.

Sheldon

Adam 27-09-2005 11:42 PM

Ha-ha ... very funny ... wise guy. :o)

oups.com...

Steve Pope 27-09-2005 11:58 PM

Adam > wrote:

>Where's the best place to buy (organic) calf's liver in
>the San Francisco Bay Area? Please be specific, if possible.

The first place I'd try would be the vendor in the
Ferry Building who handles organic and free-range veal.
I am unsure of their name but perhaps someone can fill
that in.

Steve

Adam 28-09-2005 12:27 AM

Great info! Thanks!

What days of the week is the vendor available?
Or, is this a farmer's market type of vendor?
And, what price range should I expect to pay?

Steve Pope 28-09-2005 12:36 AM

Adam > wrote:

>Great info! Thanks!
>
>What days of the week is the vendor available?
>Or, is this a farmer's market type of vendor?
>And, what price range should I expect to pay?

They're open most days. This is a full-time Ferry Building
vendor, not part of the weekend farmer's market there.

The Ferry Building has a website, I suggest you google
them up.

Steve

Michael Sierchio 28-09-2005 12:43 AM

Adam wrote:
> Great info! Thanks!
>
> What days of the week is the vendor available?

Prather Ranch Meat Company is in the Ferry Bldg, open
every day except Monday.

http://www.pratherranch.com/
Prather Ranch | Buy Certified Organic Beef On-line | Free from BSE / Mad Cow Disease

OmManiPadmeOmelet 28-09-2005 03:20 AM

In article .com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> Adam wrote:
> > Where's the best place to buy (organic) calf's liver in
> > the San Francisco Bay Area? Please be specific, if possible.

> All liver is organic, how can an organ not be.
>
> Sheldon

<snorts coffee on keyboard>

Owch! ;-)
--
Om.

Steve Fenwick 28-09-2005 08:31 AM

In article >,
Michael Sierchio > wrote:

> Adam wrote:
> > Great info! Thanks!
> >
> > What days of the week is the vendor available?

> Prather Ranch Meat Company is in the Ferry Bldg, open
> every day except Monday.
>
> http://www.pratherranch.com/
> Prather Ranch | Buy Certified Organic Beef On-line | Free from BSE / Mad Cow
> Disease

Prather? Oh, heck, you don't have to go to San Francisco. They hit many
of the farmers' markets during the course of a week (e.g., they're in
Mountain View) on Sunday). They're also in some retail stores, according
to their website.

Steve

--
steve <at> w0x0f <dot> com
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of

Steve Pope 28-09-2005 09:06 PM

Steve Fenwick > wrote:

>Prather? Oh, heck, you don't have to go to San Francisco. They hit many
>of the farmers' markets during the course of a week (e.g., they're in
>Mountain View) on Sunday). They're also in some retail stores, according
>to their website.

That may be them, or there's another one in the Ferry Building --
I think "Golden Gate Meats" or something similar.

In any case, those organic organs are not far away.

Steve

Adam 29-09-2005 03:11 PM

Gotcha! Thanks, everyone!