Koko

Default San Diego Cookin' Almost but not quite Hatties Goat Cheese Torte

I am posting the original recipe but here are the changes I make.

I use 8oz cream cheese, 5 oz goat cheese and at least 10 cloves of
garlic, that's what I start out with and go from there.

The pesto is made using Italian Parsley not basil, I think it gives it
an extra little "kick".

I also make it using the food processor.
Fitted with the steel blade start the FP and drop in the garlic cloves
one at a time, they will be finely minced.
Add the cheeses and process the cheeses and the garlic about 10
seconds or so, this "fluffs up" the cheese a little and mixes in the
garlic.
I also use the FP for chopping the Sun dried tomatoes, they are minced
in no time.

Hope you enjoy

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Goat Cheese Torta

appetizers

6 oz goat cheese
4 oz cream cheese
8 cloves at least garlic, peeled, smushed; chopped
I usually put in lots more
1/2 cup pesto (at least)
1/2 cup Sun dried tomatoes; chopped fine and
one tablespoon of marinade
black pepper freshly ground, salt
decor, from fresh herbs, branches o; f thyme, oregano, rosemar
sliced baguettes

Mix goat cheese and cream cheese, add the garlic. Taste. Add salt
and
black pepper if you want. Line a small glass bowl (about 2 - 3 cups)
with
plastic wrap. Put about 1/3 of the goat cheese mix into the bowl.
Top
this with the pesto. Put another 1/3 of the goat cheese mix on top of
this. Put the sundried tomatoes on this. Top with the rest of
the cheese. Put plastic wrap over the top of this. Refrigerate for
at
least 2 hours, and up to four days.

To serve, invert bowl on a serving dish. Carefully remove the plastic
wrap. Decorate with herbaceous materials. Serve with baguettes.
Keep
out
of the way of the devouring mob. Supposed to serve up to 20 - 25 with
other horse doovers.

Contributor: Hattie on rfc

Koko
A Yuman being on the net