Things that are cheap to make from scratch

Old 14-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Curly Sue
Usenet poster

On 10 Sep 2005 04:53:06 -0700, wrote:

I started making cornbread a while ago and found it's very cheap to
make from scratch. You get a 4 lb bag of cornmeal for $4 and 4 pound
bag of flour for $2 and some other stuff and you can make many big pans
of cornbread.

I just bought a can of Hershey cocoa powder for about $4.19, and OMG it
goes a long way. You can make a cup of hot cocoa with only 2 or 3
teaspoons of cocoa. That's a helluva lot cheaper than Swiss Miss, isn't
it? I wish I had found this out a long time ago, cuz I would've had hot
cocoa more often. I made a couple of batches of chocolate pudding and
still have most of the cocoa left.

Can you guys name other stuff?

Sushi

Sue(tm)