Mark D

Default Questions about Pizza Stone again

Hi, I have just a couple of questions about these. I have the large
round 15" Pampered Chef Stone.

I've read it recommended here once that many will first preheat their
Stones, and then slip their pizza onto the stone by using perhaps a
sheet of Parchment Paper.

Well, my question is, how does one make a large Pizza on Parchment
Paper, and then gets the entire pizza onto the Stone?

Does one then need a Pizza Slip? I would assume if one then has to
resort to a slip, one would probably not need Parchment Paper?
(Or am I missing something?)

Sure, I would assume slipping tiny 7" pizzas wouldn't be a problem, but
what about a full 15" Diameter crust with the works on it, the exact
same size as the Stone?

Also, being placed-made on Parchment Paper, and then left on the
Parchment Paper, which will now be in between the Crust, and Stone while
baking, wouldn't the benefit of using a Stone now be lost?

Thanks in advance, Mark

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark D" > wrote in message
> Well, my question is, how does one make a large Pizza on Parchment
> Paper, and then gets the entire pizza onto the Stone?

Very messily I'd asume. Use a peel, the wood paddle designed for that.

> Does one then need a Pizza Slip? I would assume if one then has to
> resort to a slip, one would probably not need Parchment Paper?
> (Or am I missing something?)

With a peel, you can dust it with corn meal to make it slide better. You
place it at the back of hte stone and pull it out quickly so as not to
disturb the toppings. Takes practice so start with a small one to three.

> Sure, I would assume slipping tiny 7" pizzas wouldn't be a problem, but
> what about a full 15" Diameter crust with the works on it, the exact
> same size as the Stone?

I'd make them a little smaller, maybe 12 to 13"

> Also, being placed-made on Parchment Paper, and then left on the
> Parchment Paper, which will now be in between the Crust, and Stone while
> baking, wouldn't the benefit of using a Stone now be lost?

IMO, yes.

> Thanks in advance, Mark

You're welcome,
--