Dimitri

Default Birthday Brunch

Brain freeze time:

Sunday we're having a Birthday Brunch for one of the girls there should be 10 to
12 adults.

The honoree is the semi-vegetarian.

To Start Mimosas

Then Broiled Grapefruit halves
Chile Relleno Casserole
Fresh (very) Bagels with assorted spreads & cheeses
(maybe a home made coffee cake)
Mixed fruit cups or Strawberry Crepes with chocolate sauce.
Coffee (of course)

Comments - suggestions - changes?
The heat is still on out here.

Thanks

Dimitri

Chile Relleno Casserole
1 ½ lbs. Monterey Jack Cheese (Grated)
1 ½ lbs. Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
2 large cans Whole Ortega Chiles
12 Eggs (Separated)
6 Tbsp. Flour
1 Cup Evaporated Milk

(THIS RECIPE MAKES ONE 9 x 13 and ONE 8 X 8 DISH)

Spray bottom of baking pans with PAM to prevent sticking problems for cheese

1. Pull apart chiles into strips and layer half into bottom of
two 9 x 13 pans and cover with half the cheese. Repeat with other half of
chiles and cheese.

(At this point, you may want to cover and refrigerate until ready to bake, or
freeze until ready to bake.)

2. Beat egg whites with a fork until frothy.

3. Beat egg yolks with flour and milk, then add to egg whites.

4. Pour evenly over cheese and chiles.

5. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until light golden brown
on top.

Nancy1

Dimitri wrote:
> Brain freeze time:
>
> Sunday we're having a Birthday Brunch for one of the girls there should be 10 to
> 12 adults.
>
> The honoree is the semi-vegetarian.
>
> To Start Mimosas
>
> Then Broiled Grapefruit halves
> Chile Relleno Casserole
> Fresh (very) Bagels with assorted spreads & cheeses
> (maybe a home made coffee cake)
> Mixed fruit cups or Strawberry Crepes with chocolate sauce.
> Coffee (of course)
>
> Comments - suggestions - changes?
> The heat is still on out here.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dimitri

Thanks for the recipe - looks great.

I might put out a platter of cut-up fruit, along with a
strawberry-flavored/tinted fruit dip of some kind, instead of the
crepes - or, you could provide some chocolate fondue and pound cake
(maybe orange flavored pound cake) for the fruit pieces. I might make
pecan rolls instead of coffee cake, but that's just me. ;-)

N.

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 24 Aug 2005 06:18:50a, Dimitri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Brain freeze time:
>
> Sunday we're having a Birthday Brunch for one of the girls there should
> be 10 to 12 adults.
>
> The honoree is the semi-vegetarian.
>
> To Start Mimosas
>
> Then Broiled Grapefruit halves
> Chile Relleno Casserole
> Fresh (very) Bagels with assorted spreads & cheeses
> (maybe a home made coffee cake)
> Mixed fruit cups or Strawberry Crepes with chocolate sauce.
> Coffee (of course)
>
> Comments - suggestions - changes?
> The heat is still on out here.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dimitri
>

> Chile Relleno Casserole
> 1 ½ lbs. Monterey Jack Cheese (Grated)
> 1 ½ lbs. Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
> 2 large cans Whole Ortega Chiles
> 12 Eggs (Separated)
> 6 Tbsp. Flour
> 1 Cup Evaporated Milk
>

> (THIS RECIPE MAKES ONE 9 x 13 and ONE 8 X 8 DISH)
>
> Spray bottom of baking pans with PAM to prevent sticking problems for
> cheese
>
> 1. Pull apart chiles into strips and layer half into
> bottom of two 9 x 13 pans and cover with half the cheese. Repeat with
> other half of chiles and cheese.
>
> (At this point, you may want to cover and refrigerate until ready to
> bake, or freeze until ready to bake.)
>
> 2. Beat egg whites with a fork until frothy.
>
> 3. Beat egg yolks with flour and milk, then add to egg
> whites.
>
> 4. Pour evenly over cheese and chiles.
>
> 5. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until light
> golden brown on top.

For those attending who are not semi-vegetarian or otherwise, I would
provide some sort of breakfast meat. Otherwise, I think you've got it
nailed.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Dimitri

"Nancy1" > wrote in message
ups.com...

<snip>

> I might put out a platter of cut-up fruit, along with a
> strawberry-flavored/tinted fruit dip of some kind, instead of the
> crepes - or, you could provide some chocolate fondue and pound cake
> (maybe orange flavored pound cake) for the fruit pieces. I might make
> pecan rolls instead of coffee cake, but that's just me. ;-)
>
> N.

Hmmm - Thanks for the ideas - the reason for the coffee cake is I have an on
BH&G cookbook that has a real no brainer coffee cake recipe (oil - quickbread)
that I used to use when the girls were young. It was the dumping ground for the
apples etc that didn't get used - I would also grate apples & cinnamon into
waffles. But you've given me an idea - I'll make a raspberry or strawberry
flavored crème fraise as a topping for the crepes.

Thanks

Dimitri

Dimitri

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Wed 24 Aug 2005 06:18:50a, Dimitri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> For those attending who are not semi-vegetarian or otherwise, I would
> provide some sort of breakfast meat. Otherwise, I think you've got it
> nailed.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Good Idea - Thanks

Ranee Mueller

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Chile Relleno Casserole
> 1 ½ lbs. Monterey Jack Cheese (Grated)
> 1 ½ lbs. Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
> 2 large cans Whole Ortega Chiles
> 12 Eggs (Separated)
> 6 Tbsp. Flour
> 1 Cup Evaporated Milk
>

> (THIS RECIPE MAKES ONE 9 x 13 and ONE 8 X 8 DISH)
>
> Spray bottom of baking pans with PAM to prevent sticking problems for cheese
>
> 1. Pull apart chiles into strips and layer half into bottom
> of
> two 9 x 13 pans and cover with half the cheese. Repeat with other half of
> chiles and cheese.
>
> (At this point, you may want to cover and refrigerate until ready to bake, or
> freeze until ready to bake.)
>
> 2. Beat egg whites with a fork until frothy.
>
> 3. Beat egg yolks with flour and milk, then add to egg
> whites.
>
> 4. Pour evenly over cheese and chiles.
>
> 5. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until light golden
> brown
> on top.

I'd like to try this, but the fractions came out as large pi signs
here.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Dimitri

"Ranee Mueller" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
>> Chile Relleno Casserole
>> 1 ½ lbs. Monterey Jack Cheese (Grated)

1.5 LBS.

>> 1 ½ lbs. Cheddar Cheese (Grated)

1.5 LBS

> I'd like to try this, but the fractions came out as large pi signs
> here.
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Dimitri

Ranee Mueller

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> "Ranee Mueller" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Dimitri" > wrote:
> >
> >> Chile Relleno Casserole
> >> 1 ½ lbs. Monterey Jack Cheese (Grated)

> 1.5 LBS.
>
> >> 1 ½ lbs. Cheddar Cheese (Grated)

> 1.5 LBS

Thank you!

Brunch Goomba[_2_] General Cooking 0 12-10-2011 10:22 PM
Brunch 4/20 [email protected] General Cooking 0 20-04-2008 10:56 PM
Happy Birthday, Dear Margaret, Happy Birthday to You-u-u-u Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 28 11-09-2007 08:43 PM
NYC RFC Brunch Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 81 26-02-2004 11:14 AM