TOM KAN PA

Default Peeling potatoes ahead of time???

Going to make potato salad for Sunday. How far ahead of time can the potatoes
be peeled? Could they be peeled and kept submerged in water for a few days?

Glenn Jacobs

On 28 May 2004 12:19:48 GMT, TOM KAN PA wrote:

> Going to make potato salad for Sunday. How far ahead of time can the potatoes
> be peeled? Could they be peeled and kept submerged in water for a few days?

I would keep them in water for a few hours, but not days. Unpealed
potatoes barely survive a few days anymore.

--
JakeInHartsel

Food, The Art Form that You Can Eat

Yeff

On 28 May 2004 12:19:48 GMT, TOM KAN PA wrote:

> Going to make potato salad for Sunday. How far ahead of time can the potatoes
> be peeled? Could they be peeled and kept submerged in water for a few days?

Make the potato salad on Saturday. That gives it the night to set up its
flavors. That's about as far ahead as you want to make it.

--

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com
PENMART01

> tomkanpa
>
>Going to make potato salad for Sunday. How far ahead of time can the potatoes
>be peeled? Could they be peeled and kept submerged in water for a few days?

Over night (8 hrs) is fine... more than a day they'll begin to decompose.

..
---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
hahabogus

Yeff > wrote in
:

> On 28 May 2004 12:19:48 GMT, TOM KAN PA wrote:
>
>> Going to make potato salad for Sunday. How far ahead of time can the
>> potatoes be peeled? Could they be peeled and kept submerged in water
>> for a few days?

> Make the potato salad on Saturday. That gives it the night to set up
> its flavors. That's about as far ahead as you want to make it.

Boil and peel the potatoes tonight...day old potatoes taste best. Assemble
the salad Saturday and serve Sunday....If kept refridgerated...no problems.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.

TOM KAN PA > wrote:
> Going to make potato salad for Sunday. How far ahead of time can the potatoes
> be peeled? Could they be peeled and kept submerged in water for a few days?

Yes, but an easier way to handle the potatoes is simply not to
peel them. There is no law that says you have to peel potatoes
when you use them for potato salad.

TOM KAN PA

<< What a strange question. How long does it take to peel a few spuds? >>
____Reply Separator_____
And your definition of "a few" is?
And your notion of how many pounds of potato salad I'm making?