BANQUET DIET ??

Old 08-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Usenet poster

Default BANQUET DIET ??

I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
( they were on sale for a buck apiece )

Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.

I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.

It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
( I could make millions off the book )

rj
Old 08-08-2005, 04:31 PM
serene
Usenet poster

RJ wrote:

I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
( they were on sale for a buck apiece )

Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.

I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.

It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Uh-huh, and you could develop a vitamin deficiency in record time, I'm
thinking! :-)

serene
Old 08-08-2005, 06:05 PM
aem
Usenet poster

RJ wrote:
[snip]
It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
( I could make millions off the book )

Can you imagine the self-discipline that would be needed to stay on
such a diet? :-) Anyone who could do that could instead stick to an
'eat less, exercise more' regime and actually improve his or her
health.... -aem

Old 08-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Dimitri
Usenet poster

"RJ" wrote in message
I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
( they were on sale for a buck apiece )

Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.

I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.

It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
( I could make millions off the book )

rj

Maybe millions for the undertaker & the drug companies.

Dimitri

Banquet® Beef Patty & Vegetables
frozen entree

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 meal . 9.5 oz
Amount Per Serving

Calories 310Calories from Fat 180 % DV*

Total Fat 20g 31%

Saturated Fat 8g 40%

Cholesterol 40mg 13%

Sodium 1090mg 45%

Total Carbohydrate 22g 7%

Dietary Fiber 3g 12%

Protein 11g 17%

Percent of Calories from:
Fat-58.1% Carb-28.4% Protein-14.2%
(Total may exceed 100% due to rounding

Old 08-08-2005, 07:36 PM
salgud
Usenet poster

RJ wrote:
I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
( they were on sale for a buck apiece )

Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.

I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.

It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
( I could make millions off the book )

Better yet, video a team of doctors monitoring your decaying health and
make a movie! "Reducify Me!" Your heirs might do very well...

Old 08-08-2005, 09:34 PM
The Cook
Usenet poster

"RJ" wrote:

I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
( they were on sale for a buck apiece )

Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.

I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.

It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
( I could make millions off the book )

rj

I did that for a while. Bought Lean Cuisine dinners and ate my
regular breakfast and lunch. I got in the habit of eating less.
Sometimes I added a veggie to the meal. I lost 15 pounds in 5 months.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
Old 08-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Usenet poster

On 8 Aug 2005 11:36:56 -0700, "salgud" wrote:

RJ wrote:
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
( I could make millions off the book )

Better yet, video a team of doctors monitoring your decaying health and
make a movie! "Reducify Me!" Your heirs might do very well...

Oh... I don't know about that.
When you need "greens", get the Banquet dinner with the frozen peas.

Besides, many Americans get through heir teen-age years
on a diet of Fritos, french fries,, Big Macs, and Pepsi....

rj
Old 08-08-2005, 09:56 PM
salgud
Usenet poster

RJ wrote:
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
( I could make millions off the book )

Better yet, video a team of doctors monitoring your decaying health and
make a movie! "Reducify Me!" Your heirs might do very well...

Oh... I don't know about that.
When you need "greens", get the Banquet dinner with the frozen peas.

Besides, many Americans get through heir teen-age years
on a diet of Fritos, french fries,, Big Macs, and Pepsi....

rj

I don't know about you, RJ, but I'm well past my teens. And there are
many things I survived back then I wouldn't even attempt these days....

Old 09-08-2005, 02:22 AM
Chris
Usenet poster

"serene" wrote in message
RJ wrote:

..

It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Uh-huh, and you could develop a vitamin deficiency in record time, I'm
thinking! :-)

The fiber deficiency would catch up with you before the vitamin
deficiency became a problem. :-|

But if you really wanted to do it, you could add some veggies and fruits
and it wouldn't alter your calorie count too much. Sodium could be a
problem, though. Not to mention boredom. Probably wouldn't make sense
for most people, but for those who really have a problem w/ portion
control, it might help a bit.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Vilco
Usenet poster

Mi e' parso che salgud abbia scritto:

I don't know about you, RJ, but I'm well past my teens.
And there are many things I survived back then I wouldn't
even attempt these days....

I agree.
Once I ran out of cigarette papers, took a bit of a newspaper and
rolled in it. No more going that way.
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

Old 10-08-2005, 07:08 PM
jmcquown
Usenet poster

RJ wrote:
I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
( they were on sale for a buck apiece )

Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.

I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.

It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Yeah, you *could* but would you want to? There's a reason they can put them
on sale so cheaply. What's in that "beef patty"? Do you really like the
taste of instant potato flakes? Inquiring minds want to know Then
there's the sodium content...

Jill

Old 11-08-2005, 03:38 AM
Usenet poster

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:08:22 -0500, "jmcquown" wrote:

RJ wrote:

It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Yeah, you *could* but would you want to? There's a reason they can put them
on sale so cheaply. What's in that "beef patty"? Do you really like the
taste of instant potato flakes? Inquiring minds want to know Then
there's the sodium content...

Jill

I've been on worse diets. ;o)

Slice of dry toast ( no butter )
Hard-boiled egg ( no salt )
Black coffee ( decaf )

Ever try to gag down a portion of dry tuna ?

In fact, I think of most lo-cal diets as "abuse" !

rj

About Ray Audette? Barbara Vegan 77 02-01-2005 03:43 AM
Low Fat Cabbage Soup Lindatn Recipes (moderated) 0 14-06-2004 05:33 PM
How mad cow disease may have gotten into your hamburger, hot dogs and pizza toppings C.W. General Cooking 259 14-01-2004 03:00 AM