FoodBanter.com

-   -   BANQUET DIET ?? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/67290-banquet-diet.html)

08-08-2005 04:28 PM

BANQUET DIET ??

I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
( they were on sale for a buck apiece )

Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.

I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.

It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
( I could make millions off the book )

<rj>

serene 08-08-2005 04:31 PM

<RJ> > wrote:

> I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
> ( they were on sale for a buck apiece )
>
> Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
> Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.
>
> I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.
>
> It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
> for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Uh-huh, and you could develop a vitamin deficiency in record time, I'm
thinking! :-)

serene

aem 08-08-2005 06:05 PM

<RJ> wrote:
> [snip]
> It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
> for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !
>
> Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
> ( I could make millions off the book )

Can you imagine the self-discipline that would be needed to stay on
such a diet? :-) Anyone who could do that could instead stick to an
'eat less, exercise more' regime and actually improve his or her
health.... -aem

Dimitri 08-08-2005 06:45 PM

"<RJ>" > wrote in message
>I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
> ( they were on sale for a buck apiece )
>
> Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
> Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.
>
> I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.
>
> It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
> for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !
>
> Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
> ( I could make millions off the book )
>

> <rj>

Maybe millions for the undertaker & the drug companies.

Dimitri

Banquet® Beef Patty & Vegetables
frozen entree

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 meal . 9.5 oz
Amount Per Serving

Calories 310Calories from Fat 180 % DV*

Total Fat 20g 31%

Saturated Fat 8g 40%

Cholesterol 40mg 13%

Sodium 1090mg 45%

Total Carbohydrate 22g 7%

Dietary Fiber 3g 12%

Protein 11g 17%

Percent of Calories from:
Fat-58.1% Carb-28.4% Protein-14.2%
(Total may exceed 100% due to rounding

salgud 08-08-2005 07:36 PM

<RJ> wrote:
> I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
> ( they were on sale for a buck apiece )
>
> Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
> Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.
>
> I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.
>
> It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
> for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !
>
> Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
> ( I could make millions off the book )

Better yet, video a team of doctors monitoring your decaying health and
make a movie! "Reducify Me!" Your heirs might do very well...

The Cook 08-08-2005 09:34 PM

"<RJ>" > wrote:

>I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
>( they were on sale for a buck apiece )
>
>Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
>Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.
>
>I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.
>
>It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
>for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !
>
>Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
>( I could make millions off the book )
>

><rj>

I did that for a while. Bought Lean Cuisine dinners and ate my
regular breakfast and lunch. I got in the habit of eating less.
Sometimes I added a veggie to the meal. I lost 15 pounds in 5 months.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."

08-08-2005 09:36 PM

On 8 Aug 2005 11:36:56 -0700, "salgud" > wrote:

><RJ> wrote:
> for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !
>>
>> Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
>> ( I could make millions off the book )

>Better yet, video a team of doctors monitoring your decaying health and
>make a movie! "Reducify Me!" Your heirs might do very well...

Oh... I don't know about that.
When you need "greens", get the Banquet dinner with the frozen peas.

Besides, many Americans get through heir teen-age years
on a diet of Fritos, french fries,, Big Macs, and Pepsi....

<rj>

salgud 08-08-2005 09:56 PM

<RJ> wrote:
> On 8 Aug 2005 11:36:56 -0700, "salgud" > wrote:
>

> ><RJ> wrote:
> > for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !
> >>
> >> Maybe it's time for "The Banquet Diet"
> >> ( I could make millions off the book )

> >Better yet, video a team of doctors monitoring your decaying health and
> >make a movie! "Reducify Me!" Your heirs might do very well...

> Oh... I don't know about that.
> When you need "greens", get the Banquet dinner with the frozen peas.
>
> Besides, many Americans get through heir teen-age years
> on a diet of Fritos, french fries,, Big Macs, and Pepsi....
>

> <rj>

I don't know about you, RJ, but I'm well past my teens. And there are
many things I survived back then I wouldn't even attempt these days....

Chris 09-08-2005 02:22 AM

"serene" > wrote in message
> <RJ> > wrote:

..

>> It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
>> for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

> Uh-huh, and you could develop a vitamin deficiency in record time, I'm
> thinking! :-)

The fiber deficiency would catch up with you before the vitamin
deficiency became a problem. :-|

But if you really wanted to do it, you could add some veggies and fruits
and it wouldn't alter your calorie count too much. Sodium could be a
problem, though. Not to mention boredom. Probably wouldn't make sense
for most people, but for those who really have a problem w/ portion
control, it might help a bit.

Vilco 09-08-2005 10:07 AM

Mi e' parso che salgud abbia scritto:

> I don't know about you, RJ, but I'm well past my teens.
> And there are many things I survived back then I wouldn't
> even attempt these days....

I agree.
Once I ran out of cigarette papers, took a bit of a newspaper and
rolled in it. No more going that way.
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

jmcquown 10-08-2005 07:08 PM

<RJ> wrote:
> I bought a few Banquet frozen dinners on a whim.
> ( they were on sale for a buck apiece )
>
> Mashed potatoes, corn and a beef pattie w/gravy .
> Smallish portions, but probably the portions we SHOULD eat.
>
> I was surprised to see a calorie count of 340 for he whole meal.
>
> It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
> for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !

Yeah, you *could* but would you want to? There's a reason they can put them
on sale so cheaply. What's in that "beef patty"? Do you really like the
taste of instant potato flakes? Inquiring minds want to know :) Then
there's the sodium content...

Jill

11-08-2005 03:38 AM

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:08:22 -0500, "jmcquown" > wrote:

><RJ> wrote:
>>
>> It occurred to me that, you could eat a Banquet TV dinner
>> for each of three meals, and stay under 1200 calories a day !
>>

>Yeah, you *could* but would you want to? There's a reason they can put them
>on sale so cheaply. What's in that "beef patty"? Do you really like the
>taste of instant potato flakes? Inquiring minds want to know :) Then
>there's the sodium content...
>
>Jill

I've been on worse diets. ;o)

Slice of dry toast ( no butter )
Hard-boiled egg ( no salt )
Black coffee ( decaf )

Ever try to gag down a portion of dry tuna ?

In fact, I think of most lo-cal diets as "abuse" !

<rj>