jmcquown

Default Rec Food Cooking Old Folks Home

We had a funny discussion in the rfc chat room years ago about an 'RFC Old
Folks Home'. This is where we're all sitting on the front porch (in our
rocking chairs) arguing over who has the best recipe for whatever and who
has access to the kitchen at any given time Can you imagine?! The
kitchen table would have to seat 100 or more. Who's gonna run the buffet?
Who's gonna control the portions?

No offense to anyone, this is all in fun. Based on some recent and older
posts:

Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and handing out
small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla Soup but say she
made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in the wrapper (love you,
sis!)

Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh tomatoes and
zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob Pastorio will be in
the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on Sheldon and his tomatoes.

sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo I tried
in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr Fromage whatever- I
don't speak French) will make rotisseried chicken 3 times a week.

Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?

Wayne will be trying to figure out how to get from Arizona to NYC to cook
for Margaret. Margaret will be manning the wine station near her kitchen
but sans microwave. <G>

There are too many more of you... Gregory, cathy, Shaun, I can't recall
everyone. Apply online at the rfc old folks home dot com (laughing).

We'd all be +100 years old (each, not collectively) and more canterkerous
than we are here. Should make for an interesting old folks home. Funny if
it could become a reality.

OB Food: I had eggs for dinner last night on toast. Yeah, that's a
fantastic birthday dinner. But my DH was trying to fly his 89 year old
mother out of Rochester to a nursing home and wind shears cut out the flight
so he took her back home and maybe they'll be able to fly out today.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Crash

jmcquown wrote:
> We had a funny discussion in the rfc chat room years ago about an 'RFC Old
> Folks Home'. This is where we're all sitting on the front porch (in our
> rocking chairs) arguing over who has the best recipe for whatever and who
> has access to the kitchen at any given time Can you imagine?! The
> kitchen table would have to seat 100 or more. Who's gonna run the buffet?
> Who's gonna control the portions?
>
> No offense to anyone, this is all in fun. Based on some recent and older
> posts:
>
> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and handing out
> small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla Soup but say she
> made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in the wrapper (love you,
> sis!)
>
> Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh tomatoes and
> zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob Pastorio will be in
> the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on Sheldon and his tomatoes.
>
> sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo I tried
> in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr Fromage whatever- I
> don't speak French) will make rotisseried chicken 3 times a week.
>
> Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?
>
> Wayne will be trying to figure out how to get from Arizona to NYC to cook
> for Margaret. Margaret will be manning the wine station near her kitchen
> but sans microwave. <G>
>
> There are too many more of you... Gregory, cathy, Shaun, I can't recall
> everyone. Apply online at the rfc old folks home dot com (laughing).
>
> We'd all be +100 years old (each, not collectively) and more canterkerous
> than we are here. Should make for an interesting old folks home. Funny if
> it could become a reality.
>
> OB Food: I had eggs for dinner last night on toast. Yeah, that's a
> fantastic birthday dinner. But my DH was trying to fly his 89 year old
> mother out of Rochester to a nursing home and wind shears cut out the flight
> so he took her back home and maybe they'll be able to fly out today.
>
> Jill
> --
> I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

And Damsel will be handing out gingersnaps and thacking people with her
wooden spoon..

Crash

Crash

jmcquown wrote:
> We had a funny discussion in the rfc chat room years ago about an 'RFC Old
> Folks Home'. This is where we're all sitting on the front porch (in our
> rocking chairs) arguing over who has the best recipe for whatever and who
> has access to the kitchen at any given time Can you imagine?! The
> kitchen table would have to seat 100 or more. Who's gonna run the buffet?
> Who's gonna control the portions?
>
> No offense to anyone, this is all in fun. Based on some recent and older
> posts:
>
> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and handing out
> small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla Soup but say she
> made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in the wrapper (love you,
> sis!)
>
> Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh tomatoes and
> zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob Pastorio will be in
> the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on Sheldon and his tomatoes.
>
> sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo I tried
> in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr Fromage whatever- I
> don't speak French) will make rotisseried chicken 3 times a week.
>
> Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?
>
> Wayne will be trying to figure out how to get from Arizona to NYC to cook
> for Margaret. Margaret will be manning the wine station near her kitchen
> but sans microwave. <G>
>
> There are too many more of you... Gregory, cathy, Shaun, I can't recall
> everyone. Apply online at the rfc old folks home dot com (laughing).
>
> We'd all be +100 years old (each, not collectively) and more canterkerous
> than we are here. Should make for an interesting old folks home. Funny if
> it could become a reality.
>
> OB Food: I had eggs for dinner last night on toast. Yeah, that's a
> fantastic birthday dinner. But my DH was trying to fly his 89 year old
> mother out of Rochester to a nursing home and wind shears cut out the flight
> so he took her back home and maybe they'll be able to fly out today.
>
> Jill
> --
> I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

And Damsel will be handing out gingersnaps and thacking people with her
wooden spoon..

Crash

Crash

jmcquown wrote:
> We had a funny discussion in the rfc chat room years ago about an 'RFC Old
> Folks Home'. This is where we're all sitting on the front porch (in our
> rocking chairs) arguing over who has the best recipe for whatever and who
> has access to the kitchen at any given time Can you imagine?! The
> kitchen table would have to seat 100 or more. Who's gonna run the buffet?
> Who's gonna control the portions?
>
> No offense to anyone, this is all in fun. Based on some recent and older
> posts:
>
> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and handing out
> small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla Soup but say she
> made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in the wrapper (love you,
> sis!)
>
> Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh tomatoes and
> zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob Pastorio will be in
> the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on Sheldon and his tomatoes.
>
> sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo I tried
> in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr Fromage whatever- I
> don't speak French) will make rotisseried chicken 3 times a week.
>
> Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?
>
> Wayne will be trying to figure out how to get from Arizona to NYC to cook
> for Margaret. Margaret will be manning the wine station near her kitchen
> but sans microwave. <G>
>
> There are too many more of you... Gregory, cathy, Shaun, I can't recall
> everyone. Apply online at the rfc old folks home dot com (laughing).
>
> We'd all be +100 years old (each, not collectively) and more canterkerous
> than we are here. Should make for an interesting old folks home. Funny if
> it could become a reality.
>
> OB Food: I had eggs for dinner last night on toast. Yeah, that's a
> fantastic birthday dinner. But my DH was trying to fly his 89 year old
> mother out of Rochester to a nursing home and wind shears cut out the flight
> so he took her back home and maybe they'll be able to fly out today.
>
> Jill
> --
> I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

And Damsel will be handing out gingersnaps and thacking people with her
wooden spoon..

Crash

Crash

sorry.. mouse problems

Crash

Crash

thats twacking Damsel will bw doing.. sorry just woke up

Margaret Suran

Crash wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
>
>>We had a funny discussion in the rfc chat room years ago about an 'RFC Old
>>Folks Home'. This is where we're all sitting on the front porch (in our
>>rocking chairs) arguing over who has the best recipe for whatever and who
>>has access to the kitchen at any given time Can you imagine?! The
>>kitchen table would have to seat 100 or more. Who's gonna run the buffet?
>>Who's gonna control the portions?
>>
>>No offense to anyone, this is all in fun. Based on some recent and older
>>posts:
>>
>>Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and handing out
>>small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla Soup but say she
>>made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in the wrapper (love you,
>>sis!)
>>
>>Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh tomatoes and
>>zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob Pastorio will be in
>>the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on Sheldon and his tomatoes.
>>
>>sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo I tried
>>in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr Fromage whatever- I
>>don't speak French) will make rotisseried chicken 3 times a week.
>>
>>Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?
>>
>>Wayne will be trying to figure out how to get from Arizona to NYC to cook
>>for Margaret. Margaret will be manning the wine station near her kitchen
>>but sans microwave. <G>
>>
>>There are too many more of you... Gregory, cathy, Shaun, I can't recall
>>everyone. Apply online at the rfc old folks home dot com (laughing).
>>
>>We'd all be +100 years old (each, not collectively) and more canterkerous
>>than we are here. Should make for an interesting old folks home. Funny if
>>it could become a reality.
>>
>>OB Food: I had eggs for dinner last night on toast. Yeah, that's a
>>fantastic birthday dinner. But my DH was trying to fly his 89 year old
>>mother out of Rochester to a nursing home and wind shears cut out the flight
>>so he took her back home and maybe they'll be able to fly out today.
>>
>>Jill
>>--
>>I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

> And Damsel will be handing out gingersnaps and thacking people with her
> wooden spoon..
>

> Crash

It sounds just like an rfc. cook-in. For seniors and because of that,
much more civilized. ) Or less, who knows.
jmcquown

Crash wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> We had a funny discussion in the rfc chat room years ago about an
>> 'RFC Old Folks Home'. This is where we're all sitting on the front
>> porch (in our rocking chairs) arguing over who has the best recipe
>> for whatever and who has access to the kitchen at any given time
>> Can you imagine?! The kitchen table would have to seat 100 or more.
>> Who's gonna run the buffet? Who's gonna control the portions?
>>
>> No offense to anyone, this is all in fun. Based on some recent and
>> older posts:
>>
>> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and
>> handing out small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla
>> Soup but say she made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in
>> the wrapper (love you, sis!)
>>
>> Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh
>> tomatoes and zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob
>> Pastorio will be in the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on
>> Sheldon and his tomatoes.
>>
>> sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo
>> I tried in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr
>> Fromage whatever- I don't speak French) will make rotisseried
>> chicken 3 times a week.
>>
>> Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?
>>
>> Wayne will be trying to figure out how to get from Arizona to NYC to
>> cook for Margaret. Margaret will be manning the wine station near
>> her kitchen but sans microwave. <G>
>>
>> There are too many more of you... Gregory, cathy, Shaun, I can't
>> recall everyone. Apply online at the rfc old folks home dot com
>> (laughing).
>>
>> We'd all be +100 years old (each, not collectively) and more
>> canterkerous than we are here. Should make for an interesting old
>> folks home. Funny if it could become a reality.
>>
>> OB Food: I had eggs for dinner last night on toast. Yeah, that's a
>> fantastic birthday dinner. But my DH was trying to fly his 89 year
>> old mother out of Rochester to a nursing home and wind shears cut
>> out the flight so he took her back home and maybe they'll be able to
>> fly out today.
>>
>> Jill
>> --
>> I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

> And Damsel will be handing out gingersnaps and thacking people with
> her wooden spoon..
>
> Crash

Yes! And you, Crash, will be there saying you won't even taste one spoonful
of my butternut squash soup. I say yes, you say no, and Damsel will chase
you with the wooden spoon!

Jill

Shaun aRe

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> We had a funny discussion in the rfc chat room years ago about an 'RFC Old
> Folks Home'. This is where we're all sitting on the front porch (in our
> rocking chairs) arguing over who has the best recipe for whatever and who
> has access to the kitchen at any given time Can you imagine?! The
> kitchen table would have to seat 100 or more. Who's gonna run the buffet?
> Who's gonna control the portions?
>
> No offense to anyone, this is all in fun. Based on some recent and older
> posts:
>
> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and handing

out
> small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla Soup but say she
> made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in the wrapper (love you,
> sis!)
>
> Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh tomatoes

and
> zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob Pastorio will be in
> the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on Sheldon and his tomatoes.
>
> sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo I

tried
> in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr Fromage whatever- I
> don't speak French) will make rotisseried chicken 3 times a week.
>
> Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?
>
> Wayne will be trying to figure out how to get from Arizona to NYC to cook
> for Margaret. Margaret will be manning the wine station near her kitchen
> but sans microwave. <G>

LMAO! Yes, I can see it, heheheh, too funny!

> There are too many more of you... Gregory, cathy, Shaun, I can't recall
> everyone. Apply online at the rfc old folks home dot com (laughing).

I'll be by the work top, slicing things up for everyone with my razor sharp
wit, of course. And poking fun at anyone who dares take themselves even a
bit too seriously, verbally slaughtering the obnoxious, while popping whole
raw chiles into my mouth by the handful and exclaming: "I can STILL taste
delecate flavours better'n any of y'all here!!!" ',;~}~

Thanks for the chuckle Jill ',;~}~

Shaun aRe
--
"Have at ye, foul brigand! Ye, Sir, are nought but a cad and a bounder!"

cathyxyz

jmcquown wrote:
> We had a funny discussion in the rfc chat room years ago about an 'RFC Old
> Folks Home'. This is where we're all sitting on the front porch (in our
> rocking chairs) arguing over who has the best recipe for whatever and who
> has access to the kitchen at any given time Can you imagine?! The
> kitchen table would have to seat 100 or more. Who's gonna run the buffet?
> Who's gonna control the portions?

Heh heh heh.... I will probably be sitting there with my wooden spoon -
still "stirring" with some of the other members of RFC-OFH.

Thanks for the laugh.

Cheers
Cathy

Leila

Jill wrote:

>Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?

You're giving Michael the green & white peacock china? I thought you
were giving it to me? Actually, you offered to sell it to me. And now
you want to give it to Michael for free?

Hmph!

Leila
wouldn't buy it but WOULD accept it as a hand-me-down - keep me on the
list!

Ophelia

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> We had a funny discussion in the rfc chat room years ago about an 'RFC
> Old
> Folks Home'. This is where we're all sitting on the front porch (in
> our
> rocking chairs) arguing over who has the best recipe for whatever and
> who
> has access to the kitchen at any given time Can you imagine?! The
> kitchen table would have to seat 100 or more. Who's gonna run the
> buffet?
> Who's gonna control the portions?
>
> No offense to anyone, this is all in fun. Based on some recent and
> older
> posts:
>
> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and
> handing out
> small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla Soup but say
> she
> made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in the wrapper (love
> you,
> sis!)
>
> Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh
> tomatoes and
> zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob Pastorio will be
> in
> the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on Sheldon and his
> tomatoes.
>
> sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo I
> tried
> in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr Fromage
> whatever- I
> don't speak French) will make rotisseried chicken 3 times a week.
>
> Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?
>
> Wayne will be trying to figure out how to get from Arizona to NYC to
> cook
> for Margaret. Margaret will be manning the wine station near her
> kitchen
> but sans microwave. <G>
>
> There are too many more of you... Gregory, cathy, Shaun, I can't
> recall
> everyone. Apply online at the rfc old folks home dot com (laughing).
>
> We'd all be +100 years old (each, not collectively) and more
> canterkerous
> than we are here. Should make for an interesting old folks home.
> Funny if
> it could become a reality.

ROFLMAO

Ophelia

jmcquown

Leila wrote:
> Jill wrote:
>
>> Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?

> You're giving Michael the green & white peacock china? I thought you
> were giving it to me? Actually, you offered to sell it to me. And now
> you want to give it to Michael for free?
>
> Hmph!
>
> Leila
> wouldn't buy it but WOULD accept it as a hand-me-down - keep me on the
> list!

Heh, don't worry, I'm not giving it to anyone Just talking out of my
hat, so to speak... wanna buy a hat? <G>

Jill

Margaret Suran

Wrong. Barb will be explaining to one and all that the proper shape
for pirohy is triangular, Victor Sack's peculiarities notwithstanding.
-Barb, from Margaret's on the Upper East Side
Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 27 Jul 2005 12:10:42p, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> We had a funny discussion in the rfc chat room years ago about an 'RFC
>> Old
>> Folks Home'. This is where we're all sitting on the front porch (in
>> our rocking chairs) arguing over who has the best recipe for whatever
>> and who has access to the kitchen at any given time Can you
>> imagine?! The kitchen table would have to seat 100 or more. Who's
>> gonna run the buffet? Who's gonna control the portions?
>>
>> No offense to anyone, this is all in fun. Based on some recent and
>> older posts:
>>
>> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and
>> handing out
>> small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla Soup but say
>> she made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in the wrapper
>> (love you, sis!)
>>
>> Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh
>> tomatoes and
>> zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob Pastorio will be
>> in the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on Sheldon and his
>> tomatoes.
>>
>> sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo I
>> tried in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr Fromage
>> whatever- I
>> don't speak French) will make rotisseried chicken 3 times a week.
>>
>> Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?
>>
>> Wayne will be trying to figure out how to get from Arizona to NYC to
>> cook for Margaret. Margaret will be manning the wine station near her
>> kitchen but sans microwave. <G>
>>
>> There are too many more of you... Gregory, cathy, Shaun, I can't
>> recall everyone. Apply online at the rfc old folks home dot com
>> (laughing).
>>
>> We'd all be +100 years old (each, not collectively) and more
>> canterkerous than we are here. Should make for an interesting old
>> folks home. Funny if
>> it could become a reality.

> ROFLMAO
>
> Ophelia

You are cordially invited to join us at the home, Ophelia!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 27 Jul 2005 02:18:51p, Margaret Suran wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wrong. Barb will be explaining to one and all that the proper shape
> for pirohy is triangular, Victor Sack's peculiarities notwithstanding.
> -Barb, from Margaret's on the Upper East Side

Geez! Are you there again? You need to get an apartment! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Nancy Young

"Leila" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Jill wrote:
>
>>Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?

> You're giving Michael the green & white peacock china? I thought you
> were giving it to me? Actually, you offered to sell it to me. And now
> you want to give it to Michael for free?
>
> Hmph!
>
> Leila
> wouldn't buy it but WOULD accept it as a hand-me-down - keep me on the
> list!

You kidding, she will have us in the nursing home eating off the
ugly things. Have a helluva time trying to find our food on the
plate, what with our thick eyeglasses and all.

nancy

Puester

jmcquown wrote:

>There are too many more of you... Gregory, cathy, Shaun, I can't
>recall everyone. Apply online at the rfc old folks home dot com
>(laughing).

Hey, save me a rocking chair! I'll demand one coffee-flavored
dessert be served every day, mostly coffee tapioca. And of
course ethnic, spicy food, none of that bland old folks stuff.
(Hey, spicy food keeps ya regular, doesn't it?)

gloria p
jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Leila" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Jill wrote:
>>
>>> Michael... I love ya. Want my grandma's ugly china?

>> You're giving Michael the green & white peacock china? I thought you
>> were giving it to me? Actually, you offered to sell it to me. And now
>> you want to give it to Michael for free?
>>
>> Hmph!
>>
>> Leila
>> wouldn't buy it but WOULD accept it as a hand-me-down - keep me on
>> the list!

> You kidding, she will have us in the nursing home eating off the
> ugly things. Have a helluva time trying to find our food on the
> plate, what with our thick eyeglasses and all.
>
> nancy

You can't find your food on those plates even *without* thick eyeglasses!
Everywhere you look there are birds peering at you and lots of green and
gold and... eeeek! I have no idea what my grandmother (or great
grandmother, whom I think bought the set for Grandma Brown) was thinking!
Well, yes, I do. They were thinking "This is so [Victorian] stylish!"

Yep, some of you are going to have to eat off those plates. They are, after
all, Myott/Staffordshire china! La-di-da! (giggling)

Jill

jmcquown

Puester wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> There are too many more of you... Gregory, cathy, Shaun, I can't
>> recall everyone. Apply online at the rfc old folks home dot com
>> (laughing).

> Hey, save me a rocking chair! I'll demand one coffee-flavored
> dessert be served every day, mostly coffee tapioca. And of
> course ethnic, spicy food, none of that bland old folks stuff.
> (Hey, spicy food keeps ya regular, doesn't it?)
>
> gloria p

Gloria, we'll even have coffee jello I'm pretty sure we can fit spicy
food in, but as for regularity, it will keep your pipes cleaned out I
suppose we should keep both Immodium AD and a stock of Citrical or Metamucil
in the medicine chest!

Jill

jmcquown

Margaret Suran wrote:
> Wrong. Barb will be explaining to one and all that the proper shape
> for pirohy is triangular, Victor Sack's peculiarities notwithstanding.
> -Barb, from Margaret's on the Upper East Side

WRONG! Barb will be *making* pirohy for one and all

Jill (waving at Margaret)

Nancy Young

"Puester" > wrote

> Hey, save me a rocking chair!

Now, I'm concerned about all those rocking chairs ...
are we going to have to lock up our cats? or get all
Manx cats?

nancy

jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Puester" > wrote
>
>> Hey, save me a rocking chair!

> Now, I'm concerned about all those rocking chairs ...
> are we going to have to lock up our cats? or get all
> Manx cats?
>
> nancy

LOL! Not to mention, where are we going to get all these rocking chairs? I
know they sell them on the front porch of Cracker Barrel Restaurants but at
$129/each that seems excessive, especially since the customers waiting to be
seated sit in them. Used rocking chairs?

Do we have any craftsmen here who can make them for us? Not to mention,
build the home with a huge front porch?

Jill

Pirohy Queen

Aaah, shaddap. You're just jealous.
"-)

I've just posted the first day's report to my website:
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com

It sucks to be you, Dude. "-)

Pirohy Queen

She'll see your wave in the morning. She's zonked out. Mustabeen the
"grape juice." "-) <cough>

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 27 Jul 2005 06:36:22p, Pirohy Queen wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Aaah, shaddap. You're just jealous.
> "-)

Ya darned tootin'!

> I've just posted the first day's report to my website:
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com
>
> It sucks to be you, Dude. "-)

Sometimes you're right. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0530-1, 07/26/2005
Tested on: 7/27/2005 6:39:26 PM

modom

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:56:28 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and handing out
>small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla Soup but say she
>made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in the wrapper (love you,
>sis!)
>
>Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh tomatoes and
>zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob Pastorio will be in
>the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on Sheldon and his tomatoes.
>
>sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo I tried
>in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr Fromage whatever- I
>don't speak French) will make rotisseried chicken 3 times a week.

I'll be digging a tunnel and building a bridge and working on flying
machine inventions to get the hell out of there.

OBFood: Whole wheat fig tart with a balsamic reduction and goat cheese
for dessert.

modom
jmcquown

Crash wrote:
> sorry.. mouse problems
>
> Crash

I recommend Velveeta in the mouse traps

jmcquown

modom wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:56:28 -0500, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>
>> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and
>> handing out small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla
>> Soup but say she made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in
>> the wrapper (love you, sis!)
>>
>> Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh
>> tomatoes and zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob
>> Pastorio will be in the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on
>> Sheldon and his tomatoes.
>>
>> sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo
>> I tried in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr
>> Fromage whatever- I don't speak French) will make rotisseried
>> chicken 3 times a week.
>>

> I'll be digging a tunnel and building a bridge and working on flying
> machine inventions to get the hell out of there.

You'll need a big bridge or a very deep tunnel because the whole thing will
be surrounded by a moat and very few people will have keys to the
drawbridge!

> OBFood: Whole wheat fig tart with a balsamic reduction and goat cheese
> for dessert.
>
> modom

Did I forget to mention your job is to cultivate the figs? You also get to
milk the goats and make the goat cheese

Jill

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 27 Jul 2005 11:40:50p, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> modom wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:56:28 -0500, "jmcquown"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person" and
>>> handing out small jars of jam Nancy Young will dish up Tortilla
>>> Soup but say she made it too hot. She'll also bake canned ham in
>>> the wrapper (love you, sis!)
>>>
>>> Sheldon will be standing in a corner trying to offer his fresh
>>> tomatoes and zucchini (no pun intended), cussing at everyone. Bob
>>> Pastorio will be in the opposite corner, gloves on, ready to take on
>>> Sheldon and his tomatoes.
>>>
>>> sf will be asking me for the 50th time if I liked the canned menudo
>>> I tried in 2005. Pam will still want tamales. Hahabogus (Mr
>>> Fromage whatever- I don't speak French) will make rotisseried
>>> chicken 3 times a week.
>>>

>> I'll be digging a tunnel and building a bridge and working on flying
>> machine inventions to get the hell out of there.
>>

> You'll need a big bridge or a very deep tunnel because the whole thing
> will be surrounded by a moat and very few people will have keys to the
> drawbridge!
>
>> OBFood: Whole wheat fig tart with a balsamic reduction and goat cheese
>> for dessert.
>>
>> modom

> Did I forget to mention your job is to cultivate the figs? You also get
> to milk the goats and make the goat cheese

Who's gonna make the balsamic vinegar?

I hope I make it to Margaret's before I make it to the "home"!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0530-1, 07/26/2005
Tested on: 7/27/2005 11:53:29 PM

jmcquown

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 27 Jul 2005 11:40:50p, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> modom wrote:
>>> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:56:28 -0500, "jmcquown"

>>> I'll be digging a tunnel and building a bridge and working on flying
>>> machine inventions to get the hell out of there.
>>>

>> You'll need a big bridge or a very deep tunnel because the whole
>> thing will be surrounded by a moat and very few people will have
>> keys to the drawbridge!
>>
>>> OBFood: Whole wheat fig tart with a balsamic reduction and goat
>>> cheese for dessert.
>>>
>>> modom

>> Did I forget to mention your job is to cultivate the figs? You also
>> get to milk the goats and make the goat cheese

> Who's gonna make the balsamic vinegar?

If you tell me what the heck balsamic contains (and please don't say balsa
wood!) I'll make it!

> I hope I make it to Margaret's before I make it to the "home"!

She'll meet you there, Wayne, no problem. She'll be there by the, uh...
grape juice station Can you or yours make rocking chairs? It appears
we're gonna need a bunch of them.

Jill

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 28 Jul 2005 12:20:47a, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> You'll need a big bridge or a very deep tunnel because the whole
>>> thing will be surrounded by a moat and very few people will have
>>> keys to the drawbridge!

>>> Did I forget to mention your job is to cultivate the figs? You also
>>> get to milk the goats and make the goat cheese

>> Who's gonna make the balsamic vinegar?

> If you tell me what the heck balsamic contains (and please don't say
> balsa wood!) I'll make it!

Hehehe... Balsamic takes a long time to make and age. We might not have
that much time! :-)

>> I hope I make it to Margaret's before I make it to the "home"!

> She'll meet you there, Wayne, no problem. She'll be there by the, uh...
> grape juice station Can you or yours make rocking chairs? It
> appears we're gonna need a bunch of them.

I know a body in W VA who makes those "twig" rockers. Really comfy!
Better place an order now, 'cause they're hand made.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0530-1, 07/26/2005
Tested on: 7/28/2005 12:26:20 AM

jmcquown

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 28 Jul 2005 12:20:47a, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> Who's gonna make the balsamic vinegar?

>> If you tell me what the heck balsamic contains (and please don't say
>> balsa wood!) I'll make it!

> Hehehe... Balsamic takes a long time to make and age. We might not
> have that much time! :-)
>
>>> I hope I make it to Margaret's before I make it to the "home"!

>> She'll meet you there, Wayne, no problem. She'll be there by the,
>> uh... grape juice station Can you or yours make rocking chairs?
>> It appears we're gonna need a bunch of them.

> I know a body in W VA who makes those "twig" rockers. Really comfy!
> Better place an order now, 'cause they're hand made.

Okay, this is reminding me strangely of a movie (Phenomenon) with John
Travolta and Kyra Sedgwick where she made these really ugly chairs and he
bought them all just to get near her. We aren't going to have an
earthquake, are we? LOL We're due on the New Madrid so I think our "rfc
home" should not be located on a major fault-line

Jill

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 28 Jul 2005 12:32:51a, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> If you tell me what the heck balsamic contains (and please don't say
>>> balsa wood!) I'll make it!

>> Hehehe... Balsamic takes a long time to make and age. We might not
>> have that much time! :-)

>>> She'll meet you there, Wayne, no problem. She'll be there by the,
>>> uh... grape juice station Can you or yours make rocking chairs?
>>> It appears we're gonna need a bunch of them.

>> I know a body in W VA who makes those "twig" rockers. Really comfy!
>> Better place an order now, 'cause they're hand made.

> Okay, this is reminding me strangely of a movie (Phenomenon) with John
> Travolta and Kyra Sedgwick where she made these really ugly chairs and he
> bought them all just to get near her. We aren't going to have an
> earthquake, are we? LOL We're due on the New Madrid so I think our "rfc
> home" should not be located on a major fault-line

Hey, I remember that one. I never said they were pretty. :-) But they
sure are comfortable. When we lived in Ohio we used to go to the "Yankee
Peddler Festival" every year. Everything sold there is hand made and not
"craft work". There were always a few vendors who had those chairs and
rockers.

I've been through one earthquake while visiting my cousin in LA. One was
enough!

Well, I'm off to bed.

G'night!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0530-1, 07/26/2005
Tested on: 7/28/2005 12:39:47 AM

serene

Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> I've been through one earthquake while visiting my cousin in LA. One was
> enough!

I was camping, sleeping on the ground, when an earthquake hit big bear.
Suddenly, the solid ground was like a rippling waterbed. It was the most
amazing thing I've ever experienced, and I've experienced a number of
amazing things.

After that weekend, I lost my fear of earthquakes.

serene

Phred

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:
>We had a funny discussion in the rfc chat room years ago about an 'RFC Old
>Folks Home'. This is where we're all sitting on the front porch (in our
>rocking chairs) arguing over who has the best recipe for whatever and who
>has access to the kitchen at any given time Can you imagine?! The
>kitchen table would have to seat 100 or more. Who's gonna run the buffet?
>Who's gonna control the portions?

How's about sitting in deck chairs while the chefs worry about the
menu?. . . Doing the e-mail rounds here lately (apologies for the
wasted bandwidth if you've already seen it):

<quoting>
NO NURSING HOMES FOR ME.
About two years ago my wife and I were on a cruise through the
Mediterranean aboard a Princess liner. At dinner we noticed an elderly
lady sitting alone along the rail of the grand stairway in the main
dining room.

I noticed that all the staff, ship officers, waiters, busboys, etc.
all seemed very familiar with this lady. I asked our waiter who the
lady was, expecting to be told she owned the line, but he said he only
knew that she had been on board for the last four cruises, back to
back.

As we left the dining room one evening, I caught her eye and stopped
to say hello. We chatted and I said, "I understand you've been on this
ship for the last four cruises". She replied, "Yes, that's true". I
stated, "I don't understand" and she replied without a pause, "It's
cheaper than a nursing home."

So, there will be no nursing home in my future. When I get old and
feeble, I am going to get on a Princess cruise ship!

The average cost for a nursing home is $200 a day. I have checked on
reservations at Princess and I can get a long term discount and senior
discount price of $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:
1. Gratuities which will only be $10 per day.
2. I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the
restaurant or I can have room service (which means I can have
breakfast in bed every day of the week).
3. Princess has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, free
washers and dryers and shows every night.
4. They have free toothpaste, razors, soap and shampoo.
5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra
$5 worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.
6. I will get to meet new people every 7 to 14 days.
7. TV broken?. Light bulb need changing?. Need to have the mattress
replaced?. No problem!. They will fix everything and apologize for
your inconvenience.
8. Clean sheets and towels every day and you don't even have to ask
for them.
9. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip, you are on
Medicare. If you fall and break a hip on the Princess ship, they will
upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life.

Now hold on for the best! Do you want to see South America, the Panama
Canal, Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Asia or name where you want to
go?. Princess will have a ship ready to go.

So don't look for me in a nursing home, just call shore to ship.

And don't forget, when you die, they just dump you over the side at no
charge!
</quoting>

[Mind you the economics only work out if you can afford that $200/day
to start with!]

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Felice Friese

> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person"

We"re gonna have TEETH?

Felice

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 28 Jul 2005 07:08:16a, Felice Friese wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person"

> We"re gonna have TEETH?

Only if you or Medicare pays for them. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0530-2, 07/28/2005
Tested on: 7/28/2005 7:12:36 AM

Dee Randall

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Thu 28 Jul 2005 07:08:16a, Felice Friese wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>>> Barb Schaller will be saying "One pork chop per person"

>> We"re gonna have TEETH?

> Only if you or Medicare pays for them. :-)
>

> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Medicare pays for teeth? I'm on my way to any dentist that takes Medicare
for teeth!
Wayne, wait until you HAVE to have Medicare for your primary coverage - no
choice! I am paying more; that doesn't quite bother me as much as the fact
that they are such a NUISANCE in my life!
Poor Wayne, you didn't expect to get this feedback. Nothing against your
choice of words, just my crankiness showing thru.
Dee Dee

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 28 Jul 2005 07:28:30a, Dee Randall wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> We"re gonna have TEETH?

>> Only if you or Medicare pays for them. :-)
>>

>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

> Medicare pays for teeth? I'm on my way to any dentist that takes
> Medicare for teeth!
> Wayne, wait until you HAVE to have Medicare for your primary coverage -
> no choice! I am paying more; that doesn't quite bother me as much as
> the fact that they are such a NUISANCE in my life!
> Poor Wayne, you didn't expect to get this feedback. Nothing against
> your choice of words, just my crankiness showing thru.
> Dee Dee

Dee, I'm a little familiar on account of my mother's Medicare involvement
before she passed away. I, myself, am only five years away from
"participating" in Medicare. I can't say I'm looking forward to it!

Cheers...

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0530-2, 07/28/2005
Tested on: 7/28/2005 7:36:19 AM