Slab Bacon

Old 26-07-2005, 06:32 PM
dwacon
Usenet poster

Default Slab Bacon

My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the "rind"
still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a pan full
of boiling bacon fat.

That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."

I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...

--
J Lo Lingerie *plus* 50% off Thongs
www.cafepress.com/dwacon

Old 26-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Doug Kanter
Usenet poster

" dwacon" wrote in message
My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the
"rind" still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a
pan full of boiling bacon fat.

That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."

I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...

In more ways than one.... :-)

Old 27-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Stark
Usenet poster

In article VsuFe.138$MO.126@lakeread04, dwacon
wrote:

My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the "rind"
still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a pan full
of boiling bacon fat.

That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."

I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...

Don't know about "Chicken Friend Bacon." But a few years ago a local
Albertson's offered sample bites of their deli bacon that was
absolutely delicious. I asked the gals behind the counter how they
fixed it. They said "Deep Fry." I guess that was a practical way to
prepare lots of pieces for sampling, but it tasted great, better than
my skillet friend bacon even after the first pieces have made
significant grease.
Old 27-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Kate Connally
Usenet poster

dwacon wrote:

My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the "rind"
still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a pan full
of boiling bacon fat.

That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."

I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...

--
J Lo Lingerie *plus* 50% off Thongs
www.cafepress.com/dwacon

Hey, aren't you going to post the recipe?

Kate