DaveR

Default Foodnation with Bobby Flay on Chicken Fried Steak

Howdy ya'll,
The director of Foodnation called me today and told me the first showing
date of the show filmed Feb 2003 at my restaurant. It will show June 5th
Saturday evening. This may instigate ripping criticism from local RFC
cyberspace aficionados, but who cares. Some of you hate Bobby Flay and
others the contrary, a poll of 1 to 10 from the RFC would be interesting, 1
being most dislike and 10 being most liked, with male, female and
undetermined groupings. I told Victor Sack that I would post this
announcement.

DaveR

SportKite1

>From: "DaveR"

>Howdy ya'll,
>The director of Foodnation called me today and told me the first showing
>date of the show filmed Feb 2003 at my restaurant. It will show June 5th
>Saturday evening.

Wow! That is so cool. I have always enjoyed the featured guests on Foodnation!
Congratulations! I guess from the subject heading you make a mean Chicken
Fried Steak. Care to share the recipe?

>This may instigate ripping criticism from local RFC
>cyberspace aficionados, but who cares. Some of you hate Bobby Flay and
>others the contrary, a poll of 1 to 10 from the RFC would be interesting, 1
>being most dislike and 10 being most liked, with male, female and
>undetermined groupings.

Blah Blah Blah. You had me at chicken fried steak.

>I told Victor Sack that I would post this
>announcement.

You TOLD him? Bossy little thing, aren't you?

Huggz,
Ellen

Louis Cohen

Congratulations on the publicity. But I have to admit, chicken-fried steak
doesn't seem like the best way to cook a steak. Like the batter-fried Mars
bars in Scottish fish and chip shops.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"DaveR" > wrote in message
> Howdy ya'll,
> The director of Foodnation called me today and told me the first showing
> date of the show filmed Feb 2003 at my restaurant. It will show June 5th
> Saturday evening. This may instigate ripping criticism from local RFC
> cyberspace aficionados, but who cares. Some of you hate Bobby Flay and
> others the contrary, a poll of 1 to 10 from the RFC would be interesting,

1
> being most dislike and 10 being most liked, with male, female and
> undetermined groupings. I told Victor Sack that I would post this
> announcement.
>
> DaveR

Blair P. Houghton

DaveR > wrote:
>Howdy ya'll,
>The director of Foodnation called me today and told me the first showing
>date of the show filmed Feb 2003 at my restaurant. It will show June 5th
>Saturday evening. This may instigate ripping criticism from local RFC
>cyberspace aficionados, but who cares. Some of you hate Bobby Flay and
>others the contrary, a poll of 1 to 10 from the RFC would be interesting, 1
>being most dislike and 10 being most liked, with male, female and
>undetermined groupings. I told Victor Sack that I would post this
>announcement.

Personally, I think Bobby Flay is a -97.

But if he's not doing the cooking, then he's just a cockroach on the wall.

And I'm a *MONSTER* fan of chicken-fried steak.

Here's hoping yours comes out fluffy yet crunchy; light yet substantial;
tender yet chewy.

--Blair
"Impossible standards for real cooks."

In rec.food.cooking, DaveR > wrote:

> Some of you hate Bobby Flay and
> others the contrary, a poll of 1 to 10 from the RFC would be interesting, 1
> being most dislike and 10 being most liked,

What number would be assigned to those of us who don't really know who
the hell he is, other than being some kind of a TV chef?

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who

DaveR

snip>
> "Dave ROBS is owner of the Ranch-man's Cafe,"
> "For his part, Mr. Boss said he prefers a medium-rare T-Bone."
>
> -sw

Thanks this is a major screw up, your proofreading skills are as good as
your cybercooking.
I don't have time to do much time on the computer except to lurk RFC for
interesting tidbits and the latest gossip.

DaveR

DaveR

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:49:03 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> > wrote:
>
> >Congratulations on the publicity. But I have to admit, chicken-fried

steak
> >doesn't seem like the best way to cook a steak.

> It's not really steak. Most places use something like top/bottom
> round or top sirloin - cuts that are not acceptable as real
> steaks. A USDA Select Ribeye or Strip makes a good CFS, though
> you'll rarely find restaurants using one - still too expensive for
> them.
>
> -sw

Steve, you are right on target. We use inside round, which few restaurants
use because it is costlier than shoulder clod. The aforementioned CFS is a
regional dish from Texas and Oklahoma, which may derived from German
immigrants Wiener Schnitzel (breaded veal cutlet). The elder ladies tell me
they always made the best CFS by pounding it with the side of a plate, which
is a long arduous process. It was probably the stoneware plate they used to
sharpen their knives with. In this part of Texas CFS is a mainstay served
breakfast lunch and dinner (kind of boring) but this is what the denizens
like. CFS is a mainstay with ladies usually ordering the 6 oz while the men
order a steak.

DaveR

DaveR

> Wow! That is so cool. I have always enjoyed the featured guests on
Foodnation!
> Congratulations! I guess from the subject heading you make a mean Chicken
> Fried Steak. Care to share the recipe?
> Huggz,
> Ellen

Ellen,
Today my project is to write up the recipe to email to Foodnation to post on
their website. The hard part is to cut down a cream gravy recipe from 1 3/4
gallons milk and a roux batch that starts with 5 gallons flour and 2 gallons
canola oil. Just cuz you huggzed me I'll post it here. There is nothing
complicated about CFS or white gravy, we just do everything from scratch and
the meat is never frozen. We get a lot of practice with CFS converting 10
inside rounds that way 15 pounds each into 4, 6, and 12 oz pounded cutlets,
every week. My establishment has become "the Church of the Chicken Fried
Steak" for North Texas.

later,

DaveR

Randall

In article >, Louis Cohen
> wrote:

> But I have to admit, chicken-fried steak
> doesn't seem like the best way to cook a steak. Like the batter-fried Mars
> bars in Scottish fish and chip shops.

Probably not, but then nasty sex is a lot more fun than just making
babies.
Virginia Tadrzynski

"DaveR" > wrote in message

> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:49:03 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Congratulations on the publicity. But I have to admit, chicken-fried

> steak
> > >doesn't seem like the best way to cook a steak.

> > It's not really steak. Most places use something like top/bottom
> > round or top sirloin - cuts that are not acceptable as real
> > steaks. A USDA Select Ribeye or Strip makes a good CFS, though
> > you'll rarely find restaurants using one - still too expensive for
> > them.
> >
> > -sw

> Steve, you are right on target. We use inside round, which few restaurants
> use because it is costlier than shoulder clod. The aforementioned CFS is a
> regional dish from Texas and Oklahoma, which may derived from German
> immigrants Wiener Schnitzel (breaded veal cutlet). The elder ladies tell

me
> they always made the best CFS by pounding it with the side of a plate,

which
> is a long arduous process. It was probably the stoneware plate they used

> sharpen their knives with. In this part of Texas CFS is a mainstay served
> breakfast lunch and dinner (kind of boring) but this is what the denizens
> like. CFS is a mainstay with ladies usually ordering the 6 oz while the

men
> order a steak.
>
> DaveR

Dead-blow mallets work excellently for this......
-Ginny
Who grew up in NC and KNOWS CFS.

BFB

DaveR wrote:

>>What number would be assigned to those of us who don't really know who
>>the hell he is, other than being some kind of a TV chef?
>>...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...
>>- The Who

> What is an ***air conditioned Gypsy?*** Does this mean you have

settled down in a > house? or have mounted an A/C unit on your travel
trailer? o andar sin calzone?

SEE BELOW - A great song...

BFB
NYC

_____________________________

Goin' Mobile - THE WHO

I'm goin' home
And when I wanna go home
I'm goin' mobile
Well, I'm gonna find a home
And we'll see how it feels
Goin' mobile
Keep me movin'

I can pull up by the curb
I can make it on the road
Goin' mobile

I can stop in any street
And talk with people that we meet
Goin' mobile
Keep me movin'

Out in the woods
Or in the city
It's all the same to me
When I'm drivin' free, the world's my home
When I'm mobile
Hee, hoo!
beep beep!

Play the tape machine
Make the toast and tea
When I'm mobile
Well I can lay in bed
With only highway ahead
When I'm mobile
Keep me movin'
Keep me movin'

Over 50
Keep me groovin'
Just a hippie gypsy
Come on move now
Movin'
Keep me movin', yeah
Keep me movin', groovin', groovin', yeah
Movin', Yeah
Mobile, mobile, mobile, mobile, ...

I don't care about pollution
------>>>>>> I'm an air-conditioned gypsy <<<<<-------
That's my solution
Watch the police and the tax man miss me
I'm mobile
Oooooh, yeah, hee!
Mobile, mobile, mobile yeah

Default User

DaveR wrote:

> Some of you hate Bobby Flay and
> others the contrary, a poll of 1 to 10 from the RFC would be interesting, 1
> being most dislike and 10 being most liked, with male, female and
> undetermined groupings.

I've gone on record as finding his shows to be entertaining and
informative. In the FoodNation shows I find him to be respectful of the
other cooks and appreciative of the results.

However, I'd like to hear YOUR opinion of him.

Brian Rodenborn
notbob

On 2004-05-20, DaveR > wrote:

> This may instigate ripping criticism from local RFC
> cyberspace aficionados, but who cares.

Evidently, you do.

nb
--
Be considerate of others and
trim your followups. Thank you.
notbob

Default Meat tenderizers (was Foodnation with Bobby Flay [...])

On 2004-05-20, Virginia Tadrzynski > wrote:

>> Steve, you are right on target. We use inside round....

I'm sure you tenderize this cut. Do you use the typical commercial
motorized rotary blade tenderizer for this? I doubt pounding with a plate
is cost effective. How many passes through the machine?

I ask this because I need to buy a good tenderizer and was considering one
of those 48-blade jobbies, not liking the job my 10lb chrome dumbbell does
(got big right arm, though! .

Anyone have experience with these blade-type tenderizers. Are they worth
the ...now that they made in China... exaggerated price?

Also, the killer question. Do you cook your CFS in lard?

nb
--
Be considerate of others and
trim your posts. Thank you.

In rec.food.cooking, DaveR > wrote:

> What is an air conditioned Gypsy?

To get an accurate answer, you'd have to ask Pete Townshend. It's a line
from Going Mobile, which is about traveling. Here's the stanza:

I don't care about pollution
I'm an air-conditioned gypsy
That's my solution
Watch the police and the taxman miss me!
I'm mobile!
Mobile, mobile, mobile, yeah

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who

Nancy Dooley

"Louis Cohen" > wrote in message >...
> Congratulations on the publicity. But I have to admit, chicken-fried steak
> doesn't seem like the best way to cook a steak. Like the batter-fried Mars
> bars in Scottish fish and chip shops.

It's not the best way to use a top-grade steak, like porterhouse,
T-bone, or ribeye - but rather, a great way to use a cut that isn't so
tender to start with - pound the bedevil out of it with a tenderizer -
then when it's properly cooked, it's to die for.

N.
JimLane

DaveR wrote:

>>Wow! That is so cool. I have always enjoyed the featured guests on

> Foodnation!
>
>>Congratulations! I guess from the subject heading you make a mean Chicken
>>Fried Steak. Care to share the recipe?
>>Huggz,
>>Ellen
>>

> Ellen,
> Today my project is to write up the recipe to email to Foodnation to post on
> their website. The hard part is to cut down a cream gravy recipe from 1 3/4
> gallons milk and a roux batch that starts with 5 gallons flour and 2 gallons
> canola oil. Just cuz you huggzed me I'll post it here. There is nothing
> complicated about CFS or white gravy, we just do everything from scratch and
> the meat is never frozen. We get a lot of practice with CFS converting 10
> inside rounds that way 15 pounds each into 4, 6, and 12 oz pounded cutlets,
> every week. My establishment has become "the Church of the Chicken Fried
> Steak" for North Texas.
>
> later,
>
> DaveR

Looking forward to it. I have some different recipes for this dish that
go from the season flour approach through smashed corn flakes to panko.
Gravy from white to brown, with or without beer. And from bland to hot
and spicy.

There are a lot of variations out there, but what most restaurants serve
is a deep-fried piece of coated meat with industrial strength canned
gravies (some call this "country fried" because it certainly is not
chicken fried as it came out of the south). I do hope you panfry. Now
just where in North Texas are you?

jim
Nancree

>. The elder ladies tell me
> they always made the best CFS by pounding it with the side of a plate, which
> is a long arduous process. It was probably the stoneware plate they used to
> sharpen their knives with. In this part of Texas CFS is a mainstay served
> breakfast lunch and dinner (kind of boring) but this is what the denizens
> like. CFS is a mainstay with ladies usually ordering the 6 oz while the men
> order a steak.
>
> DaveR

Dead-blow mallets work excellently for this......
-Ginny
----------------------------------
Not so long ago tenderizing a round steak with the edge of a saucer was
commonly recommended in recipes. I used to do it that way, but now use one of
those commercial pounders, with 4 sides (points, ridges, etc.). Frankly, I
think I liked the saucer better--easier to keep at hand, to wash, etc. I think
I may go back to it.
nancree
DaveR

> Looking forward to it. I have some different recipes for this dish that
> go from the season flour approach through smashed corn flakes to panko.
> Gravy from white to brown, with or without beer. And from bland to hot
> and spicy.
>
> There are a lot of variations out there, but what most restaurants serve
> is a deep-fried piece of coated meat with industrial strength canned
> gravies (some call this "country fried" because it certainly is not
> chicken fried as it came out of the south). I do hope you panfry. Now
> just where in North Texas are you?
> jim

Jim,
You have fancy tastes. My restaurant keeps traditions of Texas the way it
was 50 years ago. The CFS are hand pounded round steak dipped in seasoned
flour >>> egg wash.......and seasoned flour again. Flour seasoned with salt
and pepper. Then fried in canola oil in a deep fryer. 30 years ago the
previous owner insisted that they be cooked in an iron skillet, when more
than one CFS was ordered the cooking temp dropped and the crispy golden
crust came out mushy blond and falling off. Maintaining 340° minimum temp is
needed to produce a steady quality. There is nothing new about what we do
except that the other places use less quality meat and or frozen steaks. The
gravy is not industrial, we used to make every batch with a flour oil roux
then add the milk, now (because the cooks were undercooking or overcooking
the roux) we make four gallons of roux by mixing it and baking it in the
oven. 4 gallons lasts a week. Don't be looking for anything special or new
we just try to do county food right. Today's lunch special was meatloaf,
macaroni and cheese, braised cabbage and pinto beans. This is country
cooking for oil field workers and cowboys. This last week I got a case of
mustard greens that were to die for. We served this as the alternative
vegetable to a starch last Sat and Sun. I got rave reviews. Mon thru Fri I
go in and prepare food for 40 peoples lunch, country style and in season. My
challenge for next week is an interesting and flavorful version to prepare
Patty Pan squash. I usually make it up as I go.

Where in North Texas? I live in Denton and work 10 miles west in the
thriving metropolis of Ponder pop. 521.

DaveR

> I'm sure you tenderize this cut. Do you use the typical commercial
> motorized rotary blade tenderizer for this? I doubt pounding with a plate
> is cost effective. How many passes through the machine?

In the past this cut was never tenderized. Now that the grades of beef have
been downgraded a couple of times without alerting the masses, inside round
needs to be tenderized. We DO NOT USE A BLADED TENDERIZER we have a large
tenderizer (three foot handle with a 4"x 4" square head that we call the
persuader) and a couple of hammer sized tenderizers. I do not like the
texture produced by bladed tenderizers that advertise to the food service
industry that they can weave together multiple pieces of meat into one. A
former (long time ago) employer (Black-Eyed Pea) used a 5/1lb cutlet
produced on one of these machines that could be expanded with the heel of
the hand, working in flour, till it was quite large and very tender. The
meat was shoulder clod and hard to find in all the crispyness. For home use
there are devices with multiple knives that puncture the meat when you push
it down like a address stamp.

snip

> Also, the killer question. Do you cook your CFS in lard?

Lard is a little too greasy, we use canola oil and beef tallow for a dry
crispy CFS. Lard is for tamales and pastry. Speaking of lard, every time I
buy lard for home use it has a rancid smell. The stores carry it for the
Hispanic trade and it looks fresh and moves quickly through the stores.
Armour Lard is the worst offender with the rancid smell.

> nb
> Be considerate of others and
> trim your posts. Thank you.

Michael Odom

On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:02:28 -0500, "DaveR" > wrote:

>Howdy ya'll,
>The director of Foodnation called me today and told me the first showing
>date of the show filmed Feb 2003 at my restaurant. It will show June 5th
>Saturday evening. This may instigate ripping criticism from local RFC
>cyberspace aficionados, but who cares. Some of you hate Bobby Flay and
>others the contrary, a poll of 1 to 10 from the RFC would be interesting, 1
>being most dislike and 10 being most liked, with male, female and
>undetermined groupings. I told Victor Sack that I would post this
>announcement.
>
>DaveR

Excellent. I remember a brief exchange with you back when the spot
was taped about Flay and the fact that he's at least two people: 1.
the public character known to millions via TV, and 2. a specific,
non-packaged man known to those who have met him, cooked with him,
drunk with him, eaten with him.

At the time I didn't have access to FoodTV. Now I do. It'll be a
treat to see you.

We weren't able to have dinner with a certain visitor from abroad at
your place not long ago, but both D and I are jonesing for some Ponder
pie. Maybe in a few weeks.

modom
JimLane

DaveR wrote:
>>Looking forward to it. I have some different recipes for this dish that
>>go from the season flour approach through smashed corn flakes to panko.
>>Gravy from white to brown, with or without beer. And from bland to hot
>>and spicy.
>>
>>There are a lot of variations out there, but what most restaurants serve
>>is a deep-fried piece of coated meat with industrial strength canned
>>gravies (some call this "country fried" because it certainly is not
>>chicken fried as it came out of the south). I do hope you panfry. Now
>>just where in North Texas are you?
>>jim

> Jim,
> You have fancy tastes. My restaurant keeps traditions of Texas the way it
> was 50 years ago. The CFS are hand pounded round steak dipped in seasoned
> flour >>> egg wash.......and seasoned flour again. Flour seasoned with salt
> and pepper. Then fried in canola oil in a deep fryer. 30 years ago the
> previous owner insisted that they be cooked in an iron skillet, when more
> than one CFS was ordered the cooking temp dropped and the crispy golden
> crust came out mushy blond and falling off. Maintaining 340° minimum temp is
> needed to produce a steady quality. There is nothing new about what we do
> except that the other places use less quality meat and or frozen steaks. The
> gravy is not industrial, we used to make every batch with a flour oil roux
> then add the milk, now (because the cooks were undercooking or overcooking
> the roux) we make four gallons of roux by mixing it and baking it in the
> oven. 4 gallons lasts a week. Don't be looking for anything special or new
> we just try to do county food right.

snip

> Where in North Texas? I live in Denton and work 10 miles west in the
> thriving metropolis of Ponder pop. 521.

Was through Denton about 40 years ago or so and do not have much of a
memory about it.

Yep, here and at my mom's, it's cast iron. The gravy, flavored from the
meat and oil in the fry pan, has a bit more flavor than one done
without. But, your stuff sounds like it is heads and shoulders above
some of the places where I've had the misfortune to order CFS.

jim
Blair P. Houghton

> wrote:
>In rec.food.cooking, DaveR > wrote:
>
>> What is an air conditioned Gypsy?

>To get an accurate answer, you'd have to ask Pete Townshend. It's a line
>from Going Mobile, which is about traveling. Here's the stanza:
>
>I don't care about pollution
>I'm an air-conditioned gypsy
>That's my solution
>Watch the police and the taxman miss me!
>I'm mobile!
>Mobile, mobile, mobile, yeah

Gypsy cab maybe?

A Gypsy cab is a driver giving taxicab service without
a license.

Fits with the line about avoiding the police and the
tax-man. The pollution line indicates the car is run down
as well.

But the rest of the song indicates it's about wanting a
mobile home, or living in an RV. Then "air-conditioned
gypsy" just means he's moving around like a Gypsy, and has
a/c in his RV. Just being a Gypsy would explain the police
and tax-man lines as well.

--Blair
"No longer cost-effective."
DaveR

> Excellent. I remember a brief exchange with you back when the spot
> was taped about Flay and the fact that he's at least two people: 1.
> the public character known to millions via TV, and 2. a specific,
> non-packaged man known to those who have met him, cooked with him,
> drunk with him, eaten with him.
> We weren't able to have dinner with a certain visitor from abroad at
> your place not long ago, but both D and I are jonesing for some Ponder
> pie. Maybe in a few weeks.
>
> modom

Michael,
It's good to hear from you. My schedule leaves little time for sitting in
front of the puter. Two weeks ago my GM Chef Monte' resigned due to a family
restaurant crisis in NYC and I had to semi-retire the Pie Lady. Now my job
duties cover making all the pies and cobblers (50 per week) and 80 hours of
being on post. Friday and Sat the 9am to midnight shifts are all mine, que
sera sera, this is the restaurant business. The good news is the pies and
cobblers are back to the way they are supposed to be, addictive. Please give
me you honest opinion about the Pies.

Gotta get ready for Sat.

DaveR

sf

On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:39:30 -0500, Michael Odom
> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:02:28 -0500, "DaveR" > wrote:
>
> >Howdy ya'll,
> >The director of Foodnation called me today and told me the first showing
> >date of the show filmed Feb 2003 at my restaurant. It will show June 5th
> >Saturday evening. This may instigate ripping criticism from local RFC
> >cyberspace aficionados, but who cares. Some of you hate Bobby Flay and
> >others the contrary, a poll of 1 to 10 from the RFC would be interesting, 1
> >being most dislike and 10 being most liked, with male, female and
> >undetermined groupings. I told Victor Sack that I would post this
> >announcement.
> >
> >DaveR

Hi Dave, missed your OP and am not Googling because I can
piggyback.

First of all, congratulations on your restaurant being
featured on Food Nation.

Secondly, I don't have a problem with Bobby Flay. I like
his shows and his cooking, I'd give him a 9 - because I
don't think anybody or anything is perfect.

notbob

On 2004-05-22, Blair P Houghton > wrote:

> Gypsy cab maybe?
>
> A Gypsy cab is a driver giving taxicab service without
> a license.

A gypsy cab is a cab with a license, but can't use taxi stands (curb parking
for taxis only), which require a hefty fee (bribe) be paid to the city
by the company. They can't stop and wait for a fare and always have to keep
moving, hence the name. A cab without a license is just plain illegal and
won't be tolerated by the law or other cabbies.

I did the cab driver bit once (gypsy). I quit after a week of working 12
days and only making an average of $.50hr. Dish washing paid better.

nb

DaveR

> Hi Dave, missed your OP and am not Googling because I can
> piggyback.

> Secondly, I don't have a problem with Bobby Flay. I like
> his shows and his cooking, I'd give him a 9 - because I
> don't think anybody or anything is perfect.
>
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

congratulations:
Your numbered vote totals 100% of the responses with a number and this gives
Bobby Flay a 9 approval rate by RFC.

Non numbered opinions cannot be guessed at, voting rules for the State of
Florida apply.

Thanks for the compliment.

The effect of having the Food Network show my business has got to be good,
they warned me that many of the shows that sell products online get swamped
with orders beyond control. This is what I'm hoping for with the old
fashioned lye soap we make from the beef tallow trimmings. I have thousands
of bars with nowhere to go.

DaveR

Margaret Suran

When is the show going to be aired? I missed the beginning of the
thread. Thank you for an answer. )
--
Margaret Suran
Why is it that inside every older person is a younger person,

DaveR

"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message
> When is the show going to be aired? I missed the beginning of the
> thread. Thank you for an answer. )
> --
> Margaret Suran
> Why is it that inside every older person is a younger person,
> wondering what the heck happened.

Margaret,

Saturday June 5th in the evening. The Food Network rep. said 9:30, but she
was in New York.

DaveR

Margaret Suran

DaveR wrote:

> Saturday June 5th in the evening. The Food Network rep. said 9:30, but she
> was in New York.
>
> DaveR

Thank you very much. I live in New York City and I will be certain to
watch and tape the program.

Is that 9:30 AM or 9:30 PM?

MS

Nancy Young

DaveR wrote:

> Margaret,
>
> Saturday June 5th in the evening. The Food Network rep. said 9:30, but she
> was in New York.

I hope someone (hint hint) reminds us sometime on Saturday, June 5th.

nancy
Margaret Suran

Margaret Suran wrote:

> DaveR wrote:
>

>> Saturday June 5th in the evening. The Food Network rep. said 9:30,
>> but she
>> was in New York.
>>
>> DaveR

> Thank you very much. I live in New York City and I will be certain to
> watch and tape the program.
>
> Is that 9:30 AM or 9:30 PM?
>
> MS

Duh, you did specify "evening". Sorry, I hide my face in shame. (

DaveR

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> DaveR wrote:
>
> > Margaret,
> >
> > Saturday June 5th in the evening. The Food Network rep. said 9:30, but

she
> > was in New York.

> I hope someone (hint hint) reminds us sometime on Saturday, June 5th.
>
> nancy

OK ------------------------I'll try and hint again. around that time.

DaveR

Blair P. Houghton

Nancy Young > wrote:
>DaveR wrote:
>
>> Margaret,
>>
>> Saturday June 5th in the evening. The Food Network rep. said 9:30, but she
>> was in New York.

>I hope someone (hint hint) reminds us sometime on Saturday, June 5th.

I've asked Mr. TiVo to give me a wakeup call.

--Blair
"It owes me."
Blair P. Houghton

DaveR > wrote:
>snip>
>> "Dave ROBS is owner of the Ranch-man's Cafe,"
>> "For his part, Mr. Boss said he prefers a medium-rare T-Bone."
>>
>> -sw

>Thanks this is a major screw up, your proofreading skills are as good as
>your cybercooking.
> I don't have time to do much time on the computer except to lurk RFC for
>interesting tidbits and the latest gossip.
>
>DaveR

http://www.ranchman.com/7FC6B926342B...F/default.html

"After working for the Black-Eyed Pea and single-unit
restaurants for several years, Mr. Ross bought the
Ranchman's Cafe the first time in 1988, but could not
afford to keep it and sold out in 1986. In 1992, he bought
it again and promises to keep it this time."

I'd try to buy back a cafe' that turned out to be a
time machine, too.

Did you also know you look exactly like Kathryn Spitzberg?

Oh, and I'm really posting because TiVo says the Ft. Worth
episode of Food Nation will air at 7 p.m. MST on June 5.
That's 7 pm PDT and 10 pm EDT, but who knows how FoodTV
has their coastal feeds skewed.

--Blair
"When cooks do math."

Blair P. Houghton

Blair P. Houghton > wrote:
>Oh, and I'm really posting because TiVo says the Ft. Worth
>episode of Food Nation will air at 7 p.m. MST on June 5.
>That's 7 pm PDT and 10 pm EDT, but who knows how FoodTV
>has their coastal feeds skewed.

Yahoo thinks so too:

http://tv.yahoo.com/tvpdb?d=tvp&id=1...87200&.intl=us

--Blair
"Do we all get samples?"

Bobby Flay and barbeque Nonny Barbecue 30 30-09-2009 02:40 AM
Bobby Flay Dinnerware Dee Randall Cooking Equipment 0 27-12-2008 11:07 PM
Bobby Flay LarbGai General Cooking 89 23-08-2007 04:31 PM
Emeril and Bobby Flay Special Ed General Cooking 1 14-06-2004 07:47 PM
Bobby Flay does 2nd Ave Deli Goomba38 General Cooking 5 31-12-2003 06:53 PM