Microwave Reheating Roast Potatoes

Old 12-05-2004, 01:28 AM
paul
Usenet poster

Default Microwave Reheating Roast Potatoes

Hi,

I have some leftover Roast Potatoes, not whole, each potato is roughly
quartered. I tried reheating some in the microwave last night and they
came out quite tough. Does any one have any tips on reheating them?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 12-05-2004, 01:34 AM
Nancy Young
Usenet poster

paul wrote:

Hi,

I have some leftover Roast Potatoes, not whole, each potato is roughly
quartered. I tried reheating some in the microwave last night and they
came out quite tough. Does any one have any tips on reheating them?

I would reheat them on a metal tray in the oven.

nancy
Old 12-05-2004, 03:06 AM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

paul wrote:
Hi,

I have some leftover Roast Potatoes, not whole, each potato is roughly
quartered. I tried reheating some in the microwave last night and they
came out quite tough. Does any one have any tips on reheating them?

How long did you microwave the potatoes for? I use my microwave to warm
up potatoes and its never been a problem. I just nuke for a minute or two
on the medium setting. Then I turn the potatoes all around and nuke on
medium power for another 20 or 30 seconds. You probably cooked the potatoes
at too high power or for too long a period of time, or both.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Paul
Usenet poster

Hi,

I microwaved them for about 1.5mins, but i was using full power. When
you microwave yours do you add any liquid? and also do you cover them
with cling wrap?

Thanks,
Paul