FoodBanter.com

-   -   Microwave Reheating Roast Potatoes (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/6502-microwave-reheating-roast-potatoes.html)

paul 12-05-2004 01:28 AM

Microwave Reheating Roast Potatoes

Hi,

I have some leftover Roast Potatoes, not whole, each potato is roughly
quartered. I tried reheating some in the microwave last night and they
came out quite tough. Does any one have any tips on reheating them?

Thanks,
Paul

Nancy Young 12-05-2004 01:34 AM

paul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some leftover Roast Potatoes, not whole, each potato is roughly
> quartered. I tried reheating some in the microwave last night and they
> came out quite tough. Does any one have any tips on reheating them?

I would reheat them on a metal tray in the oven.

nancy

Donna Rose 12-05-2004 01:43 AM

Microwave Reheating Roast Potatoes

In article > ,
says...
> Hi,
>
> I have some leftover Roast Potatoes, not whole, each potato is roughly
> quartered. I tried reheating some in the microwave last night and they
> came out quite tough. Does any one have any tips on reheating them?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Do you have a little toaster-oven? That's the perfect tool for the job,
IMO, because you don't have to heat up your whole oven in order to just
warm up a bit of leftovers.

A convection-microwave oven would also work, but if you had one of those
you'd probably know that.
--
Donna
A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist hopes they are.

[email protected] 12-05-2004 03:06 AM

paul > wrote:
> Hi,

> I have some leftover Roast Potatoes, not whole, each potato is roughly
> quartered. I tried reheating some in the microwave last night and they
> came out quite tough. Does any one have any tips on reheating them?

How long did you microwave the potatoes for? I use my microwave to warm
up potatoes and its never been a problem. I just nuke for a minute or two
on the medium setting. Then I turn the potatoes all around and nuke on
medium power for another 20 or 30 seconds. You probably cooked the potatoes
at too high power or for too long a period of time, or both.

Paul 12-05-2004 10:49 PM

Microwave Reheating Roast Potatoes

Hi,

I microwaved them for about 1.5mins, but i was using full power. When
you microwave yours do you add any liquid? and also do you cover them
with cling wrap?

Thanks,
Paul