Pandora

Default Fresh Pasta with zucchini's cream (foto)

The fresh pasta I make (homemade) is called "Spaghetti alla chitarra" and is
a particular dish of the italian region: Abruzzo.
In English you can call them "Spaghetti on the guitar".
Why? Because to make it you can use a particular tool of wood which similar
to a Guitar. I post the foto:

http://tinypic.com/6q9rbb.jpg
http://tinypic.com/6q9rlu.jpg

if you don't have the "Guitar" you can use the hand machine to make pasta.
You can also buy "Spaghetti alla chitarra" De Cecco with eggs.

To make the fresh pasta for four persons :
300 gr. of flour "oo" (soft wheat flour: the same you use for cakes)
3 eggs.
1 tablespoon of oil
-----
On a table make a fountain with the flour. In the middle you put the mixed
eggs and the oil.
With the fork mix slowly the flour with the eggs. Then knead with hands till
the paste is smooth and well-blended. After some minutes of rest, cut the
ball with a knife in 4 parts.
Than take the pasta machine and reduce a piece of pasta in 3-4 millimetre of
thickness. You will have a sort of sheet that you wil put on the Guitar.
With the "mattarello" push the sheet of pasta against the string of the
Guitar, going to and fro. The strings will cut the pasta in squared
spaghetti.
Your spaghetti to the Guitar are ready ande squared (very good)!!!
Cook in hot and salted water for 1-2 minutes.

FOR THE ZUCCHINI'S SAUCE:

8 Zucchini with flowers (doesn't matter if you can't find the flowers) long
about 20 centimetre and large about 3-4 centimetres.
1 big onion (large about 6 centimetres)
Olive Oils
some leaves of piperita mint.
White pepper.
1 little tablespoon of "curcuma" spice.
-----------
Chop the zucchinis and put in a dish.
Then chop the onions and put them in a frying pan (about 30 centimetres of
diametre) with a glass of oil (it depends on the size of your frying pan).
After 3 minutes put the zucchinis and mix.
Put salt, pepper and chopped mint leaves. Cook for about ten minutes till
you have a soft sauce. If you want you can also add 2-3 tablespoon of cream
of milk.
When the your squared Spaghetti alla Chitarra are ready.
put in the frying pot; mix and serve *WITHOUT* parmesan or other cheese.
Here is some photos of the zucchini's, spaghetti on the Guitar, and the
dish ready. I hope you enjoy it
http://tinypic.com/6q9u8w.jpg
http://tinypic.com/6q9uhf.jpg
http://tinypic.com/6q9v2q.jpg
Ciao
Pandora

Dee Randall

"Pandora" > wrote in message
> The fresh pasta I make (homemade) is called "Spaghetti alla chitarra" and
> is
> a particular dish of the italian region: Abruzzo.
> In English you can call them "Spaghetti on the guitar".
> Why? Because to make it you can use a particular tool of wood which
> similar
> to a Guitar. I post the foto:
>
> http://tinypic.com/6q9rbb.jpg
> http://tinypic.com/6q9rlu.jpg
>
> if you don't have the "Guitar" you can use the hand machine to make pasta.
> You can also buy "Spaghetti alla chitarra" De Cecco with eggs.
>
> To make the fresh pasta for four persons :
> 300 gr. of flour "oo" (soft wheat flour: the same you use for cakes)
> 3 eggs.
> 1 tablespoon of oil
> -----
> On a table make a fountain with the flour. In the middle you put the mixed
> eggs and the oil.
> With the fork mix slowly the flour with the eggs. Then knead with hands
> till
> the paste is smooth and well-blended. After some minutes of rest, cut the
> ball with a knife in 4 parts.
> Than take the pasta machine and reduce a piece of pasta in 3-4 millimetre
> of
> thickness. You will have a sort of sheet that you wil put on the Guitar.
> With the "mattarello" push the sheet of pasta against the string of the
> Guitar, going to and fro. The strings will cut the pasta in squared
> spaghetti.
> Your spaghetti to the Guitar are ready ande squared (very good)!!!
> Cook in hot and salted water for 1-2 minutes.
>
> FOR THE ZUCCHINI'S SAUCE:
>
> 8 Zucchini with flowers (doesn't matter if you can't find the flowers)
> long
> about 20 centimetre and large about 3-4 centimetres.
> 1 big onion (large about 6 centimetres)
> Olive Oils
> some leaves of piperita mint.
> White pepper.
> 1 little tablespoon of "curcuma" spice.
> -----------
> Chop the zucchinis and put in a dish.
> Then chop the onions and put them in a frying pan (about 30 centimetres of
> diametre) with a glass of oil (it depends on the size of your frying
> pan).
> After 3 minutes put the zucchinis and mix.
> Put salt, pepper and chopped mint leaves. Cook for about ten minutes till
> you have a soft sauce. If you want you can also add 2-3 tablespoon of
> cream
> of milk.
> When the your squared Spaghetti alla Chitarra are ready.
> put in the frying pot; mix and serve *WITHOUT* parmesan or other cheese.
> Here is some photos of the zucchini's, spaghetti on the Guitar, and the
> dish ready. I hope you enjoy it
> http://tinypic.com/6q9u8w.jpg
> http://tinypic.com/6q9uhf.jpg
> http://tinypic.com/6q9v2q.jpg
> Ciao
> Pandora

Wow, what a nice spaghetti dryer. Puts my little tiny tippy-over thing to
shame.
I've seen the guitar-thingy demonstrated somewhere in the past -- very
interesting concept.
Love everything Italian.
Dee Dee

Pandora

"Dee Randall" < wrote:
> Wow, what a nice spaghetti dryer. Puts my little tiny tippy-over thing to
> shame.
> I've seen the guitar-thingy demonstrated somewhere in the past -- very
> interesting concept.
> Love everything Italian.

Thank you very much, Dee Dee! I like exotic recipes too!
Cheers
pandora

sf

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 16:03:04 GMT, Pandora wrote:

> 1 little tablespoon of "curcuma" spice.

Just to clarify... Tumeric (Curcuma longa)?

Thanks for the recipe and I LOVE those photos (don't stop)! You take
the mystery out of pasta and let us know what that lovely dish should
look like when finished.

Now I see that beautiful mosaic is on your table!
Pandora

"sf" wrote:
Pandora wrote:

>> 1 little tablespoon of "curcuma" spice.

> Just to clarify... Tumeric (Curcuma longa)?

Yes It is the yellow indian powder called "Curcuma" or Curcuma longa (in
english: "Tumeric").

> Thanks for the recipe and I LOVE those photos (don't stop)!

Thank you You are too generous.

You take
> the mystery out of pasta and let us know what that lovely dish should
> look like when finished.

Thank you.

> Now I see that beautiful mosaic is on your table!

Ohh! It's just a plastic table!!!!! ))))
Cheers
Pandora.
Ps. Have you seen my answer of spaghetti?

sf

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 21:04:00 GMT, Pandora wrote:

> > Now I see that beautiful mosaic is on your table!

> Ohh! It's just a plastic table!!!!! ))))

NO! It photographs like the real thing. LOL