Toasters... crumbless?

Old 04-07-2005, 04:18 PM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

Default Toasters... crumbless?

OK, so its an odd question for sure. But I figured this group would be
a great place to start (although Toast is not quite cooking ;^)

Anyway, I am trying to find a Toaster with a more contained crumb tray.
Kinda tired of there always being a pile of crumbs under the toaster,
even though we clean it out (maybe not as often as we should). Surely
someone makes a toaster that doesnt drop crmbs! Went thru a lot of
brand model descriptions but not really specify this as a trait.

Anyone?

Old 04-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Edwin Pawlowski
Usenet poster

wrote in message
Anyway, I am trying to find a Toaster with a more contained crumb tray.
Kinda tired of there always being a pile of crumbs under the toaster,
even though we clean it out (maybe not as often as we should). Surely
someone makes a toaster that doesnt drop crmbs! Went thru a lot of
brand model descriptions but not really specify this as a trait.

Anyone?

I never see crumbs for under the Kitchen Aid toaster. They all have some
provision, but I'm sure some brands perform better than others.

Old 04-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Margaret Suran
Usenet poster

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message

Anyway, I am trying to find a Toaster with a more contained crumb tray.
Kinda tired of there always being a pile of crumbs under the toaster,
even though we clean it out (maybe not as often as we should). Surely
someone makes a toaster that doesnt drop crmbs! Went thru a lot of
brand model descriptions but not really specify this as a trait.

Anyone?

I never see crumbs for under the Kitchen Aid toaster. They all have some
provision, but I'm sure some brands perform better than others.

The crumbs do not depend on the toaster, but on the bread you toast.
A firm slice of Rye Bread is less likely to generate crumbs than an
English Muffin.

The crumbs have to go someplace. Pulling out the tray and wiping it
clean is a matter of seconds and I really do not believe that a
toaster exists that eliminates the need to do it.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Wayne Boatwright
Usenet poster

On Mon 04 Jul 2005 08:18:35a, wrote in rec.food.cooking:

OK, so its an odd question for sure. But I figured this group would be
a great place to start (although Toast is not quite cooking ;^)

Anyway, I am trying to find a Toaster with a more contained crumb tray.
Kinda tired of there always being a pile of crumbs under the toaster,
even though we clean it out (maybe not as often as we should). Surely
someone makes a toaster that doesnt drop crmbs! Went thru a lot of
brand model descriptions but not really specify this as a trait.

Anyone?

We have a fairly inexpensive Protor Silex 4-slice model and there is never
any problem with crumbs falling through. They are completely contained in
the slide out crumb tray. Perhaps you need to clean yours more often.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/4/2005 2:02:02 PM

Old 04-07-2005, 10:59 PM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

Thanks for all the replies. We clean it weekly, but it still sheds a
lot of crumbs from underneath. Guess the tray is just not very well
contained. I will look into those options.

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Mon 04 Jul 2005 08:18:35a, wrote in rec.food.cooking:

OK, so its an odd question for sure. But I figured this group would be
a great place to start (although Toast is not quite cooking ;^)

Anyway, I am trying to find a Toaster with a more contained crumb tray.
Kinda tired of there always being a pile of crumbs under the toaster,
even though we clean it out (maybe not as often as we should). Surely
someone makes a toaster that doesnt drop crmbs! Went thru a lot of
brand model descriptions but not really specify this as a trait.

Anyone?

We have a fairly inexpensive Protor Silex 4-slice model and there is never
any problem with crumbs falling through. They are completely contained in
the slide out crumb tray. Perhaps you need to clean yours more often.

--
Wayne Boatwright *=BF*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---

Old 04-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Nancy Young
Usenet poster

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for all the replies. We clean it weekly, but it still sheds a
lot of crumbs from underneath. Guess the tray is just not very well
contained. I will look into those options.

How about putting a small aluminum tray under the toaster, or even
just some aluminum foil. This way all you have to do is dump it out
and replace it.

nancy

Old 04-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Terry Pulliam Burd
Usenet poster

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 12:58:27 -0700, sf wrote:

I won't make a claim of complete crumblessness, but our Cuisanart
toaster seems to have more crumbs on it than under it. We bought it
several years ago and I think it was in the $50 - 60 range at that
point.

I have a Cuisinart toaster, as well. It doesn't "pop up" the toast, it
*ejects* it, which is why you have more crumbs on it than under it!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Old 05-07-2005, 01:31 AM
jmcquown
Usenet poster

Nancy Young wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for all the replies. We clean it weekly, but it still sheds a
lot of crumbs from underneath. Guess the tray is just not very well
contained. I will look into those options.

How about putting a small aluminum tray under the toaster, or even
just some aluminum foil. This way all you have to do is dump it out
and replace it.

nancy

Excellent suggestion, Nancy!

Jill

Old 05-07-2005, 08:02 AM
sf
Usenet poster

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 15:11:03 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

I have a Cuisinart toaster, as well. It doesn't "pop up" the toast, it
*ejects* it, which is why you have more crumbs on it than under it!

LOL!!!! That's the TRUTH! It scares me at times.