Nic

Default toppings for biscuits? party questions

Hi
I have been lurking around here every now and then and Have learnt some
great stuff.
I am holding a party for my 4 yo. We have both adults and children
attending. (approx 35 heads to feed) I put byo drinks on the invite which I
think is fair. (and Christmas time no one complained)

My aim is simple, Finger food and not much else. I will have the birthday
cake after lunch. This is for lunch time. In winter//colder weather. Our
Christmas one was summer and I had lots of salad and bbq food. This time we
are having party pies, sausage rolls, veggie triangles, meat balls, chicken
dipping (like nuggets), cocktail spring rolls, mini dim Sims, and some
cocktail franks. I will also add some fairy bread.

I was thinking about doing sandwiches, but I need Idea's for sandwich
fillings ?????

I was also thinking about doing some plates,
Eg one plate with carrot sticks, celery sticks, cubed cheese and some dips
(eg corn relish or something tomato/ and // or supermarket bought)
Eg second plate with clicks (Savoy's cruskits, jatz etc or whatever they are
called where you live) to the plate,
I know you can dip these biscuits in to the dip but what if people wanted to
put something on top of them other then cheese ? What would I add ?

And last part, Would you have another desert option other then birthday cake
( considering I have all these food options) and if you would have something
else, what would you have ???

I hope this makes sense, and I hope some great idea's will come from within.
Thanks in advance. If you need more info just ask

Nic

nb if this is in the wrong newsgroup please direct me to the right one.

N.

Oh my. That's a lot of food!! But what a variety - sounds great.

For sandwiches you can have a make-your-own sandwich platter - slices of
deli meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, mustard, etc. If you'd rather
prepare ahead, most little kids are okay with peanut butter and jelly
(barring any allergies), you could also do regular stand-bys of
chicken/tuna/egg salad (little rolls would be great for this) , or the deli
meats. I've made sandwiches for picnic parties where the filling was cream
cheese mixed with apricot jelly, butter lettuce, and ham - a big hit!

I'm not sure what cruskits or jatz are - are those crackers? If so, you
could lay out something like cheese/salami/summer sausage, artichoke dip,
even the egg/tuna salad fillings for people to add themselves.

As for another dessert - I'd keep it simple and just offer the cake and ice
cream. Usually people choose one or the other. You could have some sliced
fruit/fruit salad if you were ambitious enough to prepare another dish.

This sounds like a lot of work, though - hope you have some help!

N.

"Nic" > wrote in message
u...
<snip>

> I hope this makes sense, and I hope some great idea's will come from

within.
> Thanks in advance. If you need more info just ask
>
> Nic
>

> nb if this is in the wrong newsgroup please direct me to the right one.

Nic

"N." > wrote in message
> Oh my. That's a lot of food!! But what a variety - sounds great.
>
> For sandwiches you can have a make-your-own sandwich platter - slices of
> deli meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, mustard, etc. If you'd rather
> prepare ahead, most little kids are okay with peanut butter and jelly
> (barring any allergies), you could also do regular stand-bys of
> chicken/tuna/egg salad (little rolls would be great for this) , or the

deli
> meats. I've made sandwiches for picnic parties where the filling was

cream
> cheese mixed with apricot jelly, butter lettuce, and ham - a big hit!
>
> I'm not sure what cruskits or jatz are - are those crackers? If so, you
> could lay out something like cheese/salami/summer sausage, artichoke dip,
> even the egg/tuna salad fillings for people to add themselves.

Yes crackers. Thanks for those idea's.

> As for another dessert - I'd keep it simple and just offer the cake and

ice
> cream. Usually people choose one or the other. You could have some

sliced
> fruit/fruit salad if you were ambitious enough to prepare another dish.
>
> This sounds like a lot of work, though - hope you have some help!

Yep the oven as most of it is oven food. And it is being delivered by a
company. so no hassle with shopping for it either.

Nic > wrote:
> Hi
> I have been lurking around here every now and then and Have learnt some
> great stuff.
> I am holding a party for my 4 yo. We have both adults and children
> attending. (approx 35 heads to feed) I put byo drinks on the invite which I
> think is fair. (and Christmas time no one complained)

Whatever makes you happy, but for a birthday party that I would host,
I would never ask the invitees to bring anything, including drinks.
If it was just a casual gathering for friends, not for a special event,
it seems to me that asking people to bring their own drinks would be okay,
but not for a birthday party. That's just me though.

> My aim is simple, Finger food and not much else. I will have the birthday
> cake after lunch. This is for lunch time. In winter//colder weather. Our
> Christmas one was summer and I had lots of salad and bbq food. This time we
> are having party pies, sausage rolls, veggie triangles, meat balls, chicken
> dipping (like nuggets), cocktail spring rolls, mini dim Sims, and some
> cocktail franks. I will also add some fairy bread.

Sounds good, although I have no idea what "fairy bread" is.

> I was thinking about doing sandwiches, but I need Idea's for sandwich
> fillings ?????

It sounds like you already have a lot of items on your menu so i don't
think you would really need sandwhiches, but for a kid's party, certainly
hamburgers and hotdogs would be a good choice if you want to serve hot
sandwhiches. For cold, there's the usual roast beef, tuna salad, ham,
turkey, and cheese; all very easy to serve and fairly inexpensive.

> I was also thinking about doing some plates,
> Eg one plate with carrot sticks, celery sticks, cubed cheese and some dips
> (eg corn relish or something tomato/ and // or supermarket bought)
> Eg second plate with clicks (Savoy's cruskits, jatz etc or whatever they are
> called where you live) to the plate,
> I know you can dip these biscuits in to the dip but what if people wanted to
> put something on top of them other then cheese ? What would I add ?

I don't serve this type of thing at a kid's party. It already sounds
like you have a very filling menu so why add more stuff that's likely to
increase your left overs?

> And last part, Would you have another desert option other then birthday cake
> ( considering I have all these food options) and if you would have something
> else, what would you have ???

Sure, for kids, ice cream is the perfect dessert at a kid's birthday party.
This is assuming the part is really for the birthday child and not mearly
an excuse for you to throw a party for your adult friends, but you can't
go wrong by adding one or two kinds of pies to the dessert menu. Apple
pie and cherry pie are two of the more popular and they both go well with
ice cream and both are liked by kids and adults, alike.