Andy

Default Do granulated and powdered sugar measure the same?

Wondering about substituting powdered instead of granulated sugar in a
cream cheese frosting recipe.

Do they measure the same for volume? The recipe calls for 1 cup
granulated.

Thanks,

Andy
Sheldon

Andy wrote:
> Wondering about substituting powdered instead of granulated sugar in a
> cream cheese frosting recipe.
>
> Do they measure the same for volume? The recipe calls for 1 cup
> granulated.

Are you sure about a cream cheese frosting recipe calling for
granulated... I'd be very suspicious... are you sure you read that
correctly?

Naturally you can substitute granulated for powdered equally by weight.
I think you can substitute 2 1/2 cups powdered for one cup granulated,
but this is not very accurate as granulated sugars are not always the
same volume by weight, neither are powdered for that matter.. it's best
to use a scale, unless you buy both sugars in equal weight packages....
granulated sugar does come in a one pound box too.

Sheldon

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:21:02p, Sheldon wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Andy wrote:
>> Wondering about substituting powdered instead of granulated sugar in a
>> cream cheese frosting recipe.
>>
>> Do they measure the same for volume? The recipe calls for 1 cup
>> granulated.

> Are you sure about a cream cheese frosting recipe calling for
> granulated... I'd be very suspicious... are you sure you read that
> correctly?
>
> Naturally you can substitute granulated for powdered equally by weight.
> I think you can substitute 2 1/2 cups powdered for one cup granulated,
> but this is not very accurate as granulated sugars are not always the
> same volume by weight, neither are powdered for that matter.. it's best
> to use a scale, unless you buy both sugars in equal weight packages....
> granulated sugar does come in a one pound box too.
>
> Sheldon

In addition to that, powdered sugar most often has some amount of
cornstarch added to it. I believe that's used primarily to prevent caking.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Damsel

"Sheldon" > said:

>Andy wrote:
>> Wondering about substituting powdered instead of granulated sugar in a
>> cream cheese frosting recipe.
>>
>> Do they measure the same for volume? The recipe calls for 1 cup
>> granulated.

>Are you sure about a cream cheese frosting recipe calling for
>granulated... I'd be very suspicious... are you sure you read that
>correctly?

Sounds weird to me, too. Could be that someone wrote it down or published
it wrong, too.

>Naturally you can substitute granulated for powdered equally by weight.
> I think you can substitute 2 1/2 cups powdered for one cup granulated,
>but this is not very accurate as granulated sugars are not always the
>same volume by weight, neither are powdered for that matter.. it's best
>to use a scale, unless you buy both sugars in equal weight packages....
>granulated sugar does come in a one pound box too.

Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and mix, dump and
mix until it's the consistency you want. If it gets too thick, add a
little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) until it's spreadable again.

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
LynneA

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:49:59p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and mix, dump
>> and
>> mix until it's the consistency you want. If it gets too thick, add a
>> little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) until it's spreadable again.
>>
>> Carol
>>

> Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
> mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as
> much
> frosting as I needed. :-)
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>
> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

And that's bad, WHY exactly?? LOLOL

Lynne A

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:49:59p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and mix, dump and
> mix until it's the consistency you want. If it gets too thick, add a
> little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) until it's spreadable again.
>
> Carol

Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as much
frosting as I needed. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Damsel

Wayne Boatwright > said:

>On Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:49:59p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and mix, dump and
>> mix until it's the consistency you want. If it gets too thick, add a
>> little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) until it's spreadable again.

>Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
>mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as much
>frosting as I needed. :-)

That is precisely why God made graham crackers.

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International:
http://www.thehungersite.com/
LynneA

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 07:00:47p, LynneA wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
>>> mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as
>>> much frosting as I needed. :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>>
>>> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
>>> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

>> And that's bad, WHY exactly?? LOLOL
>>
>> Lynne A
>>

> I didn't say it was bad, but it should be accounted for in some recipes.
> For example, it's an advantage when used in meringues for pies. It helps
> to stabilize the meringue. In frosting it's not really an issue. If you
> use it to sweeten beverages, it usually imparts a cloudiness to the
> liquid.
>

> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>
> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

See, you have to be all reasonable, while I'm thinking of polishing off all
that extra frosting<GG>

Lynne A

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Jun 2005 07:00:47p, LynneA wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:49:59p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and mix, dump
>>> and mix until it's the consistency you want. If it gets too thick, add
>>> a little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) until it's spreadable
>>> again.
>>>
>>> Carol
>>>

>> Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
>> mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as
>> much frosting as I needed. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>
>> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
>> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

> And that's bad, WHY exactly?? LOLOL
>
> Lynne A

I didn't say it was bad, but it should be accounted for in some recipes.
For example, it's an advantage when used in meringues for pies. It helps
to stabilize the meringue. In frosting it's not really an issue. If you
use it to sweeten beverages, it usually imparts a cloudiness to the liquid.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Jun 2005 07:10:12p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright > said:
>
>>On Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:49:59p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and mix, dump
>>> and mix until it's the consistency you want. If it gets too thick,
>>> add a little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) until it's spreadable
>>> again.

>>Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
>>mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as
>>much frosting as I needed. :-)

> That is precisely why God made graham crackers.
>
> Carol

I see your point, and it's always better to have too much than too little!
:-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Jun 2005 07:10:20p, LynneA wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>>> And that's bad, WHY exactly?? LOLOL
>>>
>>> Lynne A
>>>

>> I didn't say it was bad, but it should be accounted for in some
>> recipes. For example, it's an advantage when used in meringues for
>> pies. It helps to stabilize the meringue. In frosting it's not really
>> an issue. If you use it to sweeten beverages, it usually imparts a
>> cloudiness to the liquid.
>>

>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>
>> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
>> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

> See, you have to be all reasonable, while I'm thinking of polishing off
> all that extra frosting<GG>
>
> Lynne A

Well, Carol had a good idea...spread it on graham crackers.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
itsjoannotjoann

> >Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
> >mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as much
> >frosting as I needed. :-)

> That is precisely why God made graham crackers.
>
> Carol
>
> --

Graham crackers, my foot! That's why God made spoons!! (Oh, how I
always wished Mom had made way too much frosting. No such luck.)

:-))

Sheldon

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:49:59p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and mix, dump and
> > mix until it's the consistency you want. If it gets too thick, add a
> > little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) until it's spreadable again.
> >
> > Carol
> >

> Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
> mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as much
> frosting as I needed. :-)

Then what you needed was a crumpet with larger bosoms. :-o

Sheldon

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Damsel wrote on 16 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> Wayne Boatwright > said:
>
> >On Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:49:59p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> >> Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and
> >> mix, dump and mix until it's the consistency you want. If it
> >> gets too thick, add a little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.)
> >> until it's spreadable again.

> >Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the
> >"dump and mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with
> >about three times as much frosting as I needed. :-)

> That is precisely why God made graham crackers.
>
> Carol

And strawberries.

--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!

A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Damsel

Monsur Fromage du Pollet > said:

>Damsel wrote on 16 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Wayne Boatwright > said:

>> >Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the
>> >"dump and mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with
>> >about three times as much frosting as I needed. :-)

>> That is precisely why God made graham crackers.

>And strawberries.

Damn you! I don't have strawberries planted this year!

Carol, whimpering

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International:
http://www.thehungersite.com/

Andy

"Sheldon" > wrote in news:1118971262.653549.317410
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Andy wrote:
>> Wondering about substituting powdered instead of granulated sugar in

>> cream cheese frosting recipe.
>>
>> Do they measure the same for volume? The recipe calls for 1 cup
>> granulated.

> Are you sure about a cream cheese frosting recipe calling for
> granulated... I'd be very suspicious... are you sure you read that
> correctly?
>
> Naturally you can substitute granulated for powdered equally by

weight.
> I think you can substitute 2 1/2 cups powdered for one cup

granulated,
> but this is not very accurate as granulated sugars are not always the
> same volume by weight, neither are powdered for that matter.. it's

best
> to use a scale, unless you buy both sugars in equal weight

packages....
> granulated sugar does come in a one pound box too.
>
> Sheldon

Sheldon,

Web recipe:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream

Domino® recipe:
2 - (3-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons - butter or margarine, softened
1 - (1-lb.) pkg. Domino® 10x Powdered Sugar (approx. 3 3/4 cups)
1/3 cup - milk
1 teaspoon - vanilla

Which recipe is more realistic, I don't know.

I see that powdered sugar is preferred for frostings as you mentioned.
The web recipe took a granulated shortcut!

Thanks,

Andy
Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Damsel wrote on 16 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> Damn you! I don't have strawberries planted this year!

Then go with the rhubarb you do have planted.

Seared Steel Cut Oatmeal Squares with Rhubarb Ginger Compote
We’re not fans of ultra sweet breakfasts but we LOVE oatmeal and have
devised a way to eat it every day
AND at it’s very best!
Serves 6
4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup steel cut oats
butter
plain yogurt
Rhubarb Ginger Compote or Maple Fruit Compote, recipes follow
Combine water, salt, and steel cut oats in a large saucepan. Cover and
cook for about 1/2 hour or until thick,
stirring occasionally. Pour cooked oatmeal into square or rectangular
baking dish coated with butter, cover,
and chill thoroughly. Will keep up to 1 week refrigerated.
Slice chilled oatmeal into 3/4-inch thick squares. Add butter to a non-
stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Sauté oatmeal squares in butter until browned on both sides and serve
with yogurt and Rhubarb Ginger
Compote or Maple Fruit Compote.
Rhubarb Ginger Compote
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1 1/4 pounds fresh rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium high heat. Add ginger and
rhubarb, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add
water, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer
until rhubarb is very tender, stirring frequently,
about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly before serving.
Maple Fruit Compote
2 1/2 cups assorted sliced very ripe stone fruit such as peaches,
plums, apricots, and cherries
3/4 cup maple syrup
Combine the fruit and maple syrup in a bowl and serve at room
temperature, or reserve in the refrigerator a
few hours or overnight.

Copyright © 2005, Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken, all rights
reserved.

--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!

A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Damsel

Monsur Fromage du Pollet > said:

>Damsel wrote on 16 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Damn you! I don't have strawberries planted this year!

>Then go with the rhubarb you do have planted.
>
>Seared Steel Cut Oatmeal Squares with Rhubarb Ginger Compote

<snip sinful recipe>

Damn you! I have every single one of these ingredients! LOL!

I just picked some rhubarb tonight for another of Barb's custard cakes. I
think I'll switch things up a bit and try this instead.

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International:
http://www.thehungersite.com/
Rick & Cyndi

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:49:59p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and mix, dump
>> and
>> mix until it's the consistency you want. If it gets too thick, add a
>> little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) until it's spreadable again.
>>
>> Carol
>>

> Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
> mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as
> much
> frosting as I needed. :-)
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
> ===============

And your point is...?? Extra? Why? That wouldn't happen in *this*
house... extra frosting... LOL That's funny... no such animal. BTW, I've
had great success with freezing frosting when I've doubled or tripled
batches... Extra? <snort> What doesn't go on the cake goes on your finger
or a spoon... bwaaaaawwwwaaahhhhh!!!!!! Extra?! Can you believe that one?
Dams, help me out here...I've fallen and I can't get up....!!!!!

Cyndi SideIsSplitting

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Jun 2005 08:29:41p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Monsur Fromage du Pollet > said:
>
>>Damsel wrote on 16 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>>
>>> Damn you! I don't have strawberries planted this year!

>>Then go with the rhubarb you do have planted.
>>
>>Seared Steel Cut Oatmeal Squares with Rhubarb Ginger Compote

> <snip sinful recipe>
>
> Damn you! I have every single one of these ingredients! LOL!
>
> I just picked some rhubarb tonight for another of Barb's custard cakes.
> I think I'll switch things up a bit and try this instead.
>
> Carol

Then get busy, Carol! I'm hungry, and I have almost none of those
ingredients here. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Jun 2005 08:45:49p, Rick & Cyndi wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:49:59p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and mix, dump
>>> and mix until it's the consistency you want. If it gets too thick,
>>> add a little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) until it's spreadable
>>> again.
>>>
>>> Carol
>>>

>> Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump
>> and mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three
>> times as much frosting as I needed. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>> ===============

> And your point is...?? Extra? Why? That wouldn't happen in *this*
> house... extra frosting... LOL That's funny... no such animal. BTW,
> I've had great success with freezing frosting when I've doubled or
> tripled batches... Extra? <snort> What doesn't go on the cake goes on
> your finger or a spoon... bwaaaaawwwwaaahhhhh!!!!!! Extra?! Can you
> believe that one? Dams, help me out here...I've fallen and I can't get
> up....!!!!!
>
> Cyndi SideIsSplitting

LOLOLOL!!! Maybe you're stuck to the floor with frosting! :-))

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Damsel

"Rick & Cyndi" > said:

>"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
>> mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as
>> much frosting as I needed. :-)

>And your point is...?? Extra? Why? That wouldn't happen in *this*
>house... extra frosting... LOL That's funny... no such animal. BTW, I've
>had great success with freezing frosting when I've doubled or tripled
>batches... Extra? <snort> What doesn't go on the cake goes on your finger
>or a spoon... bwaaaaawwwwaaahhhhh!!!!!! Extra?! Can you believe that one?
>Dams, help me out here...I've fallen and I can't get up....!!!!!
>
>Cyndi SideIsSplitting

<Damsel administers an emergency dose of pure glucose to Cyndi in that
hopes that it will restore her equilibrium>

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International:
http://www.thehungersite.com/
LynneA

"itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message
ps.com...

>> >Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
>> >mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as
>> >much
>> >frosting as I needed. :-)

>> That is precisely why God made graham crackers.
>>
>> Carol
>>
>> --

> Graham crackers, my foot! That's why God made spoons!! (Oh, how I
> always wished Mom had made way too much frosting. No such luck.)
>
> :-))

You're both wrong, that's why God made fingers!

Lynne A

LynneA

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 07:10:20p, LynneA wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> I didn't say it was bad, but it should be accounted for in some
>>> recipes. For example, it's an advantage when used in meringues for
>>> pies. It helps to stabilize the meringue. In frosting it's not really
>>> an issue. If you use it to sweeten beverages, it usually imparts a
>>> cloudiness to the liquid.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>>
>>> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
>>> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

>> See, you have to be all reasonable, while I'm thinking of polishing off
>> all that extra frosting<GG>
>>
>> Lynne A
>>

> Well, Carol had a good idea...spread it on graham crackers.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>
> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Fingers, I tell ya! Takes too much time to actually spread it<GG>

Lynne A

Damsel

"LynneA" > said:

>Fingers, I tell ya! Takes too much time to actually spread it<GG>

Snip, lady! Snip!

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International:
http://www.thehungersite.com/

LynneA

"Damsel" > wrote in message
> "LynneA" > said:
>
>>Fingers, I tell ya! Takes too much time to actually spread it<GG>

> Snip, lady! Snip!
>
> Carol
>
> --
> CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
> United States:
> http://www.stopthehunger.com/
> International:
> http://www.thehungersite.com/

OOOOPS! Sorry bout that, I'm a little whupped from working out and got
lazy-I'll do better next time, I promise, Mom!

How's my Crash doin? And have you gotten any rest, woman? Hugs to you
both!

Lynne A

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Jun 2005 09:34:09p, LynneA wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message
> ps.com...

>>> That is precisely why God made graham crackers.
>>>
>>> Carol
>>>
>>> --

>> Graham crackers, my foot! That's why God made spoons!! (Oh, how I
>> always wished Mom had made way too much frosting. No such luck.)
>>
>> :-))
>>

> You're both wrong, that's why God made fingers!

SLURP!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
LynneA

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 09:34:09p, LynneA wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> "itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message
>> ps.com...

>>> Graham crackers, my foot! That's why God made spoons!! (Oh, how I
>>> always wished Mom had made way too much frosting. No such luck.)
>>>
>>> :-))
>>>

>> You're both wrong, that's why God made fingers!

> SLURP!
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>
> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Works on other body parts too, if the right person's handy<G>

Lynne A

LynneA

>>> SLURP!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>>
>>> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
>>> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

>> Works on other body parts too, if the right person's handy<G>
>>
>> Lynne A
>>

> SMOOOTH!
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>
> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Hehehehe! A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Lynne A

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:16:47p, LynneA wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 09:34:09p, LynneA wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>

>>> "itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message
>>> ps.com...

>>> You're both wrong, that's why God made fingers!

>> SLURP!
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>
>> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
>> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

> Works on other body parts too, if the right person's handy<G>
>
> Lynne A

SMOOOTH!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:25:51p, LynneA wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Works on other body parts too, if the right person's handy<G>
>>>
>>> Lynne A
>>>

>> SMOOOTH!
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>
>> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
>> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

> Hehehehe! A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.
>
> Lynne A

LOL! And a great thing to share.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Andy

"LynneA" > wrote in
news:1118978814.ba59fcb5b62921e6449b532ae9290681@b ubbanews:

> "itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message
> ps.com...

>>> That is precisely why God made graham crackers.
>>>
>>> Carol
>>>
>>> --

>> Graham crackers, my foot! That's why God made spoons!! (Oh, how I
>> always wished Mom had made way too much frosting. No such luck.)
>>
>> :-))
>>

> You're both wrong, that's why God made fingers!

Lynne A,

So... FROSTING IS FINGER FOOD!!!?

Andy
Shaun aRe

"LynneA" > wrote in message
news:1118979289.6161432c78935868a28ab9fa69e28015@b ubbanews...

> "Damsel" > wrote in message
>

> > Snip, lady! Snip!

> OOOOPS! Sorry bout that, I'm a little whupped from working out and got
> lazy-I'll do better next time, I promise, Mom!

OOoooOOOoo, yer forrit NOW gal! ',;~P'''

Shaun aRe

LynneA

"Andy" <Q> wrote in message
.. .
> "LynneA" > wrote in
> news:1118978814.ba59fcb5b62921e6449b532ae9290681@b ubbanews:
>

>> You're both wrong, that's why God made fingers!

> Lynne A,
>
> So... FROSTING IS FINGER FOOD!!!?
>
> Andy

Damned tootin!

Lynne A

LynneA

"Shaun aRe" > wrote in message
eenews.net...

> "LynneA" > wrote in message
> news:1118979289.6161432c78935868a28ab9fa69e28015@b ubbanews...
>>
>> "Damsel" > wrote in message
>>

>> > Snip, lady! Snip!

>> OOOOPS! Sorry bout that, I'm a little whupped from working out and got
>> lazy-I'll do better next time, I promise, Mom!

> OOoooOOOoo, yer forrit NOW gal! ',;~P'''
>

> Shaun aRe

Nawwww, mom's a softie<G>

Lynne A

Damsel

"LynneA" > said:

>"Damsel" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Snip, lady! Snip!

>OOOOPS! Sorry bout that, I'm a little whupped from working out and got
>lazy-I'll do better next time, I promise, Mom!

(It helps if you snip the sigs, as well)

>How's my Crash doin? And have you gotten any rest, woman? Hugs to you
>both!

I'll post more to the Crash Update thread, but he's doing pretty well now.
I got my first solid night of sleep in two weeks last night. I feel nearly
human again!

Thanks for askin'!
Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International:
http://www.thehungersite.com/
Damsel

"Shaun aRe" > said:

>"LynneA" > wrote:
>>
>> "Damsel" > wrote:

>> > Snip, lady! Snip!

>> OOOOPS! Sorry bout that, I'm a little whupped from working out and got
>> lazy-I'll do better next time, I promise, Mom!

>OOoooOOOoo, yer forrit NOW gal! ',;~P'''

<Damsel swats Shaun with a rolled up newspaper>
Damsel

"LynneA" > said:

>"Shaun aRe" > wrote:

>>> OOOOPS! Sorry bout that, I'm a little whupped from working out and got
>>> lazy-I'll do better next time, I promise, Mom!

>> OOoooOOOoo, yer forrit NOW gal! ',;~P'''

>Nawwww, mom's a softie<G>

First you call me Mom because I'm old. Now you're making fun of me because
I'm fat. LOL!

AND YOU'RE STILL NOT TRIMMING!

Love,
Mommy

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International:
http://www.thehungersite.com/
Andy

Tip-toe in.

>>Nawwww, mom's a softie<G>

> First you call me Mom because I'm old. Now you're making fun of me
> because I'm fat. LOL!
>
> AND YOU'RE STILL NOT TRIMMING!
>
> Love,
> Mommy

Tip-toe out.

Damsel

Andy <Q> said:

>Tip-toe in.
>
>>>Nawwww, mom's a softie<G>

>> First you call me Mom because I'm old. Now you're making fun of me
>> because I'm fat. LOL!
>>
>> AND YOU'RE STILL NOT TRIMMING!
>>
>> Love,
>> Mommy

>Tip-toe out.

See? Andy is a *good* boy who trims. He gets ice cream after dinner.

Mommy