notbob

Default Food movie!

I just ran across a cool food movie that had heretofore escaped my
attention. It's Dinner Rush with Danny Aiello. Kind of like The Pope
of Greenwich Village crossed with that reality tv series, The
Restaurant. Real life depiction of an on-the-rise Italian eatery with
your cliche mob sub-plots. Some good and bad acting, but still
enjoyable. It did get my gustatory juices flowing ...but only until
the appearanc of Sandra Bernhard (the woman makes my skin crawl!).
Satisfying surprise ending.

http://tvguide.com/Movies/database/S...e.asp?MI=43162

nb
AlleyGator

notbob > wrote:

>I just ran across a cool food movie that had heretofore escaped my
>attention. It's Dinner Rush with Danny Aiello. Kind of like The Pope
>of Greenwich Village crossed with that reality tv series, The
>Restaurant. Real life depiction of an on-the-rise Italian eatery with
>your cliche mob sub-plots. Some good and bad acting, but still
>enjoyable. It did get my gustatory juices flowing ...but only until
>the appearanc of Sandra Bernhard (the woman makes my skin crawl!).
>Satisfying surprise ending.
>
>http://tvguide.com/Movies/database/S...e.asp?MI=43162
>
>nb

If you like food movies, the best one I've ever seen is "Eat, Drink,
Man, Woman" out of Taiwan with English subtitles. Google around and
you'll find articles about the incredible lengths they went to for
authentic cooking scenes - sometimes taking days to film one short
sequence, using multiple professional chefs and many copies of the
same food to get the desired results. Second on the list would be
"Tampopo", again with English subtitles.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
I-zheet M'drurz

notbob spaketh thusly:

> I just ran across a cool food movie that had heretofore escaped
> my attention. It's Dinner Rush with Danny Aiello. Kind of like
> The Pope of Greenwich Village crossed with that reality tv
> series, The Restaurant. Real life depiction of an on-the-rise
> Italian eatery with your cliche mob sub-plots. Some good and
> bad acting, but still enjoyable. It did get my gustatory juices
> flowing ...but only until the appearanc of Sandra Bernhard (the
> woman makes my skin crawl!). Satisfying surprise ending.
>
> http://tvguide.com/Movies/database/S...e.asp?MI=43162

Thanks for the tip. "The Pope..." is one of my favorites of all
time, a great "buddy movie" shot before Rourke and Roberts went on
to smaller and worse things <g>. Ahhh, Sandra B...a "two bagger"
if there ever was one (one for her face, and one for yours in case
hers falls off) but oh my, from the neck down, mmmmmm, it would
work.

If u are gonna say that I said something,
please say what I REALLY said. ($1 Earl)
notbob

On 2005-06-16, AlleyGator > wrote:

> If you like food movies, the best one I've ever seen is "Eat, Drink,
> Man, Woman" out of Taiwan with English subtitles.

Yep, seen it several times. They also redid it Mexican style as
TORTILLA SOUP.

nb
skoonj

"notbob" > wrote in message
>I just ran across a cool food movie that had heretofore escaped my
> attention. It's Dinner Rush with Danny Aiello. Kind of like The Pope
> of Greenwich Village crossed with that reality tv series, The
> Restaurant. Real life depiction of an on-the-rise Italian eatery with
> your cliche mob sub-plots. Some good and bad acting, but still
> enjoyable. It did get my gustatory juices flowing ...but only until
> the appearanc of Sandra Bernhard (the woman makes my skin crawl!).
> Satisfying surprise ending.
>
> http://tvguide.com/Movies/database/S...e.asp?MI=43162
>
> nb

Ever seen Big Night? I'll have to see Dinner Rush to see how it matches
up.

-T

food movie - Fresh notbob General Cooking 7 26-04-2012 05:34 PM
Movie Food Tara General Cooking 88 03-07-2010 06:25 PM
A food related movie Dave Bugg General Cooking 26 11-03-2010 03:49 AM
let's food-ize movie titles herr blob General Cooking 80 12-07-2005 07:51 AM
Favorite Thanksgiving Movie (some about food...) -L. General Cooking 3 27-11-2003 11:21 PM