Richard's ~JA~

Default "Wraps" recipe?

Can anyone help me learn what may be used to make just the outter wrap
for foods, other than using tortillas? I do make my own tortillas, but
what I'm looking for is the way to make a more bread-like dough for
wrapping non-heated "sandwich" ingredients like fresh vegetables and
thin, cold meat slices. I've searched and googled, but what I come up
with is only the various ingredient makings for putting into tortillas,
not the actual wrapper itself.

Picky ~JA~

Jack Schidt®

"Richard's ~JA~" > wrote in message
> Can anyone help me learn what may be used to make just the outter wrap
> for foods, other than using tortillas? I do make my own tortillas, but
> what I'm looking for is the way to make a more bread-like dough for
> wrapping non-heated "sandwich" ingredients like fresh vegetables and
> thin, cold meat slices. I've searched and googled, but what I come up
> with is only the various ingredient makings for putting into tortillas,
> not the actual wrapper itself.
>
> Picky ~JA~

Pizza dough; then it would be a calzone!

Jack Wrapped

Dave Smith

Richard's ~JA~ wrote:

> Can anyone help me learn what may be used to make just the outter wrap
> for foods, other than using tortillas? I do make my own tortillas, but
> what I'm looking for is the way to make a more bread-like dough for
> wrapping non-heated "sandwich" ingredients like fresh vegetables and
> thin, cold meat slices. I've searched and googled, but what I come up
> with is only the various ingredient makings for putting into tortillas,
> not the actual wrapper itself.

Pita or Nan.

Tara

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:00:01 -0700,
(Richard's ~JA~) wrote:

>Can anyone help me learn what may be used to make just the outter wrap
>for foods, other than using tortillas?

lavash

Tara

Richard's ~JA~

(SportKite1) shares....
>I purchase excellent ready made lawash,
>from where else, >
http://www.lawash.com.
Along with the very good fillings you've suggested! Though I was hoping
for advice on how my white flour tortilla ingredients could be altered
to make the thin, bread sort of wraps I'd like, I did check out the
offered link and will probably just order the lawash products to freeze
for periodic use, or to share with locals wanting less bread in their
lunch sandwich makings. Thank you so much!

Picky ~JA~

Richard's ~JA~ > wrote:
> Can anyone help me learn what may be used to make just the outter wrap
> for foods, other than using tortillas? I do make my own tortillas, but
> what I'm looking for is the way to make a more bread-like dough for
> wrapping non-heated "sandwich" ingredients like fresh vegetables and
> thin, cold meat slices. I've searched and googled, but what I come up
> with is only the various ingredient makings for putting into tortillas,
> not the actual wrapper itself.

Why not use pita bread?

Victor Sack

Richard's ~JA~ > wrote:

> Can anyone help me learn what may be used to make just the outter wrap
> for foods, other than using tortillas?

- Crępes/blinchiki/blintzes (they are one and the same). They are to be
eaten with knife and fork, as distinct from some other 'wraps'
suggested.

- Grape or cabbage leaves (put the latter in hot oven for about 7
minutes to make them elastic and pliable enough), to make dolma-like
dishes. Eat 'em with knife and fork, too.

Victor
Jim a

Publix super markets sell a Wrap type of bread that is thinner than
tortilla's. They come in several flavors and are reasonable.

Jim

"Victor Sack" > wrote in message
> Richard's ~JA~ > wrote:
>
> > Can anyone help me learn what may be used to make just the outter wrap
> > for foods, other than using tortillas?

> - Crępes/blinchiki/blintzes (they are one and the same). They are to be
> eaten with knife and fork, as distinct from some other 'wraps'
> suggested.
>
> - Grape or cabbage leaves (put the latter in hot oven for about 7
> minutes to make them elastic and pliable enough), to make dolma-like
> dishes. Eat 'em with knife and fork, too.
>
> Victor

Bubbablue

"Jim a" > wrote in message news:<2kgjc.43356$IW1.2132375@attbi_s52>...
> Publix super markets sell a Wrap type of bread that is thinner than
> tortilla's. They come in several flavors and are reasonable.
>
> Jim

Do you have a recipe for those who would prefer to make these from scratch?

wd40

Gem wraps? Susan[_6_] Diabetic 1 11-03-2014 06:27 PM
Have A Good Recipe For Cabbage - Hamburger Wraps? Judy Haffner General Cooking 25 28-02-2013 01:54 AM
Lettuce Wraps! Omelet[_7_] General Cooking 9 12-05-2009 06:22 PM