Damsel

Default OT - Happy 37th Birthday, Charlie!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Charlie,
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cryambers' Cracklin' Wings

Recipe By :Pat (Cryambers)
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : appetizers chicken

24 whole chicken wings
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper -- ground
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Optional:
1/2 cup butter
4 1/2 ounces hot sauce -- Frank's
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 lime -- juiced

1. Wash chicken wings and pat dry. Separate drummies from paddles, and
cut off wing tips -reserve for another use.
2. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Put flour, pepper, garlic powder and salt in ziplock bag; shake to mix.
Add wing pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat. Put flour-coated
wings on foil-covered cookie sheets. Bake in preheated 375F oven for 1 1/2
hours, moving wing pieces around after 45 minutes so they won't stick to
the foil.
3. When wings are done, melt butter in medium saucepan. Add hot sauce,
vinegar, and lime juice. Turn off heat. Toss wings with sauce and serve.

Source:
"Named by Damsel in dis Dress, but it's PAT'S recipe!"
Yield:
"48 pieces"
Start to Finish Time:
"2:15"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serving Ideas : Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese or ranch dressing

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
The Ranger

Damsel > wrote in message
news
> Happy Birthday to you,
> Happy Birthday to you,
> Happy Birthday dear Charlie,
> Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!

Ditto these tunes (although my round might test your constitution). <G>

Here's a pint o' Guinness, nectar of the gahdz. To your continued
health, continued wealth, and never-ending knowledge.

The Ranger
---
Never give the good stuff to the neighbors who wander over but always
have something to give them!
-- M. L.'s personal, Code of the West

Becca

Happy Birthday Charlie! May all your wishes come true.

Becca

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 rounded tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter (not margarine)
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
12 ounces chocolate chips (see note)
1 cup chopped nuts (see note)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a tube or Bundt pan.

Sift together flour, salt, cocoa and baking soda; set aside.

Cream butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time; beat well
after each addition, then add the vanilla. A little at a time, add
sifted dry ingredients, alternating with buttermilk. Stir in chips and nuts.

Bake 1 hour, then test for doneness.

Note: Put chips and nuts in a bag and shake with 1 tablespoon of flour
so they won't sink to the bottom of the cake.
Charles Gifford

"Damsel" > wrote in message
news
> Happy Birthday to you,
> Happy Birthday to you,
> Happy Birthday dear Charlie,
> Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!
>
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Cryambers' Cracklin' Wings

Thank you kindly love! This getting old thing ain't wonderful. Best not to
complain though. Some of Pat's wings would be lovely just now! Thanks again
Carol.

Charliam

Damsel

"Charles Gifford" > said:

>Thank you kindly love! This getting old thing ain't wonderful. Best not to
>complain though.

If it helps any, I think of you as a young, healthy studmuffin!

>Some of Pat's wings would be lovely just now! Thanks again Carol.

They're awfully damned good, aren't they? I was googling last night to see
what the very, very original version of the wings was. They were called
"Liam's Favorite Chicken Wings." I'm going to change my MasterCook to
reflect that.

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International:
http://www.thehungersite.com/

Charles Gifford

"The Ranger" > wrote in message
> Damsel > wrote in message
> news
> > Happy Birthday to you,
> > Happy Birthday to you,
> > Happy Birthday dear Charlie,
> > Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!

> Ditto these tunes (although my round might test your constitution). <G>
>
> Here's a pint o' Guinness, nectar of the gahdz. To your continued
> health, continued wealth, and never-ending knowledge.
>
> The Ranger

Thank you Ranger! You are good to think of me. I lift a Stone Brewery
"Arrogant ******* Ale" to clink with your Guinness as that is what I am
drinking at the moment.

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Happy Birthday Charlie! May all your wishes come true.
>
> Becca
>

> Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

<snip>

Thanks Becca! I do still have some wishes and dreams. Good looking pound
cake too. I need some extra pounds. <giggle>.

Hugs,
Charlie

Melba's Jammin'

In article t>,
"Charles Gifford" > wrote:

> "The Ranger" > wrote in message
> > > Happy Birthday to you,

> > The Ranger

> Thank you Ranger! You are good to think of me. I lift a Stone Brewery
> "Arrogant ******* Ale" to clink with your Guinness as that is what I am
> drinking at the moment.
>
> Charlie

Hmmm. Why do I have your birthday as January 6? You double dipping or
am I the double dip?
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 5/8/05.
"Are we going to measure, or are we going to cook?" -Food Critic Mimi Sheraton
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:27:39 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> wrote:

>Thanks Becca! I do still have some wishes and dreams. Good looking pound
>cake too. I need some extra pounds. <giggle>.

Bill and I send you our very best wishes and many happy returns of the
day!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Wayne Boatwright

Charlie,

May this be the happiest birthday you've ever had!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

bolivar

"Damsel" > wrote in message
news
> Happy Birthday to you,
> Happy Birthday to you,
> Happy Birthday dear Charlie,
> Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!

<snippage>

Yeah!! Happy Birthday, Charliam! If you keep on, you'll get as old as I
am.

Boli

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:20:25 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> wrote:

>Thank you Ranger! You are good to think of me. I lift a Stone Brewery
>"Arrogant ******* Ale" to clink with your Guinness as that is what I am
>drinking at the moment.

Well, *this* post gave me an idea for a belated birthday present at
the cookin <hee hee hee>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

sf

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 04:19:26 -0500, Damsel wrote:

> Happy Birthday to you,
> Happy Birthday to you,
> Happy Birthday dear Charlie,
> Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!

Only 37? Why he's just a young 'un... I'm embarrassed to say that I
thought he sported a few gray hairs.

Have a good one, Charlie - Eat, drink and be merry!

Charles Gifford

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:27:39 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> > wrote:
>
> >Thanks Becca! I do still have some wishes and dreams. Good looking pound
> >cake too. I need some extra pounds. <giggle>.
> >

> Bill and I send you our very best wishes and many happy returns of the
> day!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

Thank you both! I enjoyed a supper of hot dogs, baked beans and coleslaw.
Today I have gas. It was worth it though!

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> Charlie,
>
> May this be the happiest birthday you've ever had!
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Thanks Wayne. It was a pretty good one.

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in >
> Hmmm. Why do I have your birthday as January 6? You double dipping or
> am I the double dip?
> --
> -Barb,

Can't say Barb. June 6th has been my birthday all my life. It is a good day
for a birthday.

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:20:25 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> > wrote:
>
> >Thank you Ranger! You are good to think of me. I lift a Stone Brewery
> >"Arrogant ******* Ale" to clink with your Guinness as that is what I am
> >drinking at the moment.

> Well, *this* post gave me an idea for a belated birthday present at
> the cookin <hee hee hee>
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

Uh Oh! You gonna get me blotto again? I sure hope so! <grin>

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Damsel" > wrote in message
> "Charles Gifford" > said:
>
> >Thank you kindly love! This getting old thing ain't wonderful. Best not

> >complain though.

> If it helps any, I think of you as a young, healthy studmuffin!

You would be correct of course! <smile>

> >Some of Pat's wings would be lovely just now! Thanks again Carol.

> They're awfully damned good, aren't they? I was googling last night to

see
> what the very, very original version of the wings was. They were called
> "Liam's Favorite Chicken Wings." I'm going to change my MasterCook to
> reflect that.
>
> Carol

They are super! Just make sure Pat gets the credit for the recipe though!
They are surely my favorite wings!

Charlie
> --
> CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
> United States:
> http://www.stopthehunger.com/
> International:
> http://www.thehungersite.com/

Damsel

"Charles Gifford" > said:

Regarding Charlie's Favorite Wings:
>They are super! Just make sure Pat gets the credit for the recipe though!
>They are surely my favorite wings!

I give her credit every time. Just because I posted them all the time,
everyone started calling them Damsel's. I've even had that happen with
Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate cake.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Charliam's Favorite Chicken Wings

Recipe By :Pat (Cryambers)
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : appetizers chicken

24 whole chicken wings
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper -- ground
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Optional:
1/2 cup butter
4 1/2 ounces hot sauce -- Frank's
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 lime -- juiced

* Seasonings are just a suggestion

1. Wash chicken wings and pat dry. Separate drummies from paddles, and
cut off wing tips -reserve for another use.
2. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Put flour, pepper, garlic powder and salt in ziplock bag; shake to mix.
Add wing pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat. Put flour-coated
wings on foil-covered cookie sheets. Bake in preheated 375F oven for 1 1/2
hours, moving wing pieces around after 45 minutes so they won't stick to
the foil.
3. When wings are done, melt butter in medium saucepan. Add hot sauce,
vinegar, and lime juice. Turn off heat. Toss wings with sauce and serve.

Source:
"Posted by Damsel in dis Dress, but it's PAT'S recipe!"
Yield:
"48 pieces"
Start to Finish Time:
"2:15"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 491 Calories (kcal); 35g Total Fat; (65% calories from fat);
29g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 144mg Cholesterol; 780mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2
Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

Serving Ideas : Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese or ranch dressing

NOTES : Named in honor of Charlie (Liam) Gifford.

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International:
http://www.thehungersite.com/
Charles Gifford

"bolivar" > wrote in message

> "Damsel" > wrote in message
> news
> > Happy Birthday to you,
> > Happy Birthday to you,
> > Happy Birthday dear Charlie,
> > Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!
> >

> <snippage>
>
> Yeah!! Happy Birthday, Charliam! If you keep on, you'll get as old as

> am.
>
> Boli

Thanks Boli! I am making every effort to keep going! Well, some effort
anyway. I have trouble behaving myself. Being bad is still too much fun!
Thanks for the happy-happy!

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 04:19:26 -0500, Damsel wrote:
>
> > Happy Birthday to you,
> > Happy Birthday to you,
> > Happy Birthday dear Charlie,
> > Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!

> Only 37? Why he's just a young 'un... I'm embarrassed to say that I
> thought he sported a few gray hairs.
>
> Have a good one, Charlie - Eat, drink and be merry!

We won't discuss my real age young lady! I do have plenty of gray hairs. Or,
rather, used to. I had to shave my head for my doctor's appointment
yesterday. It is a startling change to be suddenly bald. It appears that it
will certainly be easy to care for, but I think I will grow it out again
anyway. Thanks for your wishes Barbara!

Charlie