Default Storing Cornbread

I have an airtight plastic bread box. Storing cornbread in it causes
mold in 2 or 3 days. What should I store cornbread in?

AlleyGator

" > wrote:

>I have an airtight plastic bread box. Storing cornbread in it causes
>mold in 2 or 3 days. What should I store cornbread in?

Never found a way to keep it long without slicing and freezing - and
that's really a waste of time, because it doesn't taste right to me.
And it's probably easier to just make another batch than go through
all that. Usually, there aren't any leftovers here, but when there
are, I eat some with milk, sugar and cinnamon for breakfast and the
rest goes to the birds - they seem to appreciate it.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
-L.

Kate Gilbert wrote:
> Hi L.
> I had to tell you. You are the first person I have ever heard that
> loved left over bread as much as my husband. One of his favorite ways to
> eat it is , to slice it into pieces , then slice through it making two
> pieces. Put a little butter or oil into a skillet . When its very hot.
> Brown, the crumb side down. Turn when its brown, and fry the crust side
> few seconds. Great with syrup or with scrambled eggs and country gravy
> All you need is a fresh glass of orange juice. He has loved milk and
> bread , since a little boy, too.

IMO, cornbread seved this way is so much tastier than pancakes or
waffles. It's really filling though - and so good it's easty to
overindulge. I just cut it into squares, split them, spread on some
butter and nuke for 10 seconds or so - Top with warmed syrup. Really
good with bacon or sausgae if you like those things.

Ok, now I have to go make some cornbread, LOL...

-L.

Kate Gilbert

wrote:

>>>I cut mine into servings, and wrap each in foil and stick it in the
>>>fridge - reheat in the oven within a couple days. I LOVE old cornbread
>>>nuked with butter and maple syrup...yum! Probably one of my favorite
>>>breakfasts.
>>>
>>>-L.
>>>

>> Hi L.
>> I had to tell you. You are the first person I have ever heard that
>>loved left over bread as much as my husband. One of his favorite ways to
>>eat it is , to slice it into pieces , then slice through it making two
>>pieces. Put a little butter or oil into a skillet . When its very hot.
>>Brown, the crumb side down. Turn when its brown, and fry the crust side
>>few seconds. Great with syrup or with scrambled eggs and country gravy
>>All you need is a fresh glass of orange juice. He has loved milk and
>>bread , since a little boy, too.

> That sounds delicious, and I will try it the next time I have some
> leftover!
>
> I often eat the leftovers as my grandfather and father did, crumbled into a
> tall glass, then filled with buttermilk. Eat with a spoon.

Oh my ! Now you did it ..... Talk about good memories. Nice cold glass
of fresh churned buttermilk , big hot pan of cornbread and fresh butter
from that same churning. Now, to us that's food. Kate
Wayne Boatwright

wrote:

>>> Hi L.
>>> I had to tell you. You are the first person I have ever heard that
>>>loved left over bread as much as my husband. One of his favorite ways
>>>to eat it is , to slice it into pieces , then slice through it making
>>>two pieces. Put a little butter or oil into a skillet . When its very
>>>hot. Brown, the crumb side down. Turn when its brown, and fry the crust
>>>side few seconds. Great with syrup or with scrambled eggs and country
>>>gravy All you need is a fresh glass of orange juice. He has loved milk
>>>and bread , since a little boy, too.

>> That sounds delicious, and I will try it the next time I have some
>> leftover!
>>
>> I often eat the leftovers as my grandfather and father did, crumbled
>> into a tall glass, then filled with buttermilk. Eat with a spoon.
>>

> Oh my ! Now you did it ..... Talk about good memories. Nice cold glass
> of fresh churned buttermilk , big hot pan of cornbread and fresh butter
> from that same churning. Now, to us that's food. Kate

Indeed it is, Kate. Are you any chance from MS?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Kate Gilbert

wrote:

>>>That sounds delicious, and I will try it the next time I have some
>>>leftover!
>>>
>>>I often eat the leftovers as my grandfather and father did, crumbled
>>>into a tall glass, then filled with buttermilk. Eat with a spoon.
>>>

>> Oh my ! Now you did it ..... Talk about good memories. Nice cold glass
>>of fresh churned buttermilk , big hot pan of cornbread and fresh butter
>>from that same churning. Now, to us that's food. Kate

> Indeed it is, Kate. Are you any chance from MS?

No, I was raised in the hills of Virginia. Still love the foods I grew
up eating. An old Indian, once told me to eat as I was raised and I'd
be happier and healthier. Don't know how true that is, but I can't fault
him for the advice. Kate
Wayne Boatwright

wrote:

>>> Oh my ! Now you did it ..... Talk about good memories. Nice cold
>>> glass
>>>of fresh churned buttermilk , big hot pan of cornbread and fresh butter
>>>from that same churning. Now, to us that's food. Kate

>> Indeed it is, Kate. Are you any chance from MS?
>>

> No, I was raised in the hills of Virginia. Still love the foods I grew
> up eating. An old Indian, once told me to eat as I was raised and I'd
> be happier and healthier. Don't know how true that is, but I can't fault
> him for the advice. Kate

Virgina is about the only southern state I don't have relatives in. :-)
Most of mine are in MS, AL, and GA. I have to agree with the old Indian.
I'm never happier than when I'm eating foods like my mom prepared.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Cornbread etc Ophelia[_11_] General Cooking 78 23-01-2014 07:42 AM
storing Indian spice; storing raw and roasted sesame seeds [email protected] General Cooking 5 10-09-2007 03:53 AM
Cornbread Pie Chef Tamara Recipes (moderated) 0 10-01-2007 11:13 PM
Cornbread kilikini General Cooking 3 28-12-2006 08:35 PM
Cornbread Snowfeet1 General Cooking 80 20-11-2004 07:01 PM