Ben

Default hickory seasoning

Where can this normally be found? I was looking amongst the spices in the
supermarket and couldn't find it. Asking someone there was no help.

Thanks,
Ben

--
"What passes for wisdom may only be eloquent foolishness"

Cheap long distance calling using Onesuite (http://www.onesuite.com).
2.5 cents/min anywhere in the U.S., to Canada or the U.K. No monthly or
connection fees! Use promotional code 038664643 for 20 free minutes.
John Gaughan

Ben wrote:
> Where can this normally be found? I was looking amongst the spices
> in the supermarket and couldn't find it. Asking someone there was no
> help.

Try looking for hickory chips. Soak them in cold water for about a half
hour, then spread over the hot coals. I guarantee your food will have a
nice hickory seasoning.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Dimitri

"Ben" > wrote in message
> Where can this normally be found? I was looking amongst the spices in the
> supermarket and couldn't find it. Asking someone there was no help.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>
> --
> "What passes for wisdom may only be eloquent foolishness"
>
> Cheap long distance calling using Onesuite (http://www.onesuite.com).
> 2.5 cents/min anywhere in the U.S., to Canada or the U.K. No monthly or
> connection fees! Use promotional code 038664643 for 20 free minutes.

Spice Islands.

SMOKED SALT, OLD HICKORY 4.80 JAR

http://www.spiceadvice.com/product_g...ceislands.html

Your supermarket can order it for uyou or get it online,

Dimitri

Ben

Steve Wertz wrote:
> Hickory Salt? Not many stores carry it - it's not considered a
> mainline seasoning. You might try by the ketchup and liquid smoke
> flavorings.

Recipe said "Hickory Seasoning". That might be salt but I don't know. I tried
looking around the ketchup area and their were bottles of barbeque sauce with
hickory mentioned at the front (but not in the actual ingredients). That might
have to be what I go for, lacking anything else. Is this hickory taste so
significant? I want to make chicken in a pan and I think it has a sauce that
is added which also has the hickory spice. Hopefully either way it will turn
out okay.

regards,
ben

Kingsford Hickory? mike Barbecue 19 09-06-2011 06:24 AM
Help! with my ole hickory pit JerrysBBQ Barbecue 2 16-02-2011 05:23 AM
Hickory brisket. ceed Barbecue 10 09-05-2007 02:05 AM
Hickory Nuts Beirader General Cooking 30 30-10-2004 06:43 PM
Hickory nuts DJS0302 General Cooking 1 27-10-2004 11:57 AM