Recipe - Mock Caviar

Old 21-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Melba's Jammin'
Usenet poster

Default Recipe - Mock Caviar

This is from a mailing I receive from www.allrecipes.com. It looks
pretty good and I thought I'd pass it on. I don't understand why these
things are deemed caviar-like, though. FWIW.

Mock Caviar
Submitted by: Susan Navarrete
This olive salsa is delicious served with corn chips!
Servings: 20

Ingredients:
2 (6 ounce) cans chopped black olives
2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
3 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pinch seasoning salt

Directions:
1. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together olives, green chilies,
tomatoes, green onions, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, black pepper, and
seasoned salt. Cover, and chill overnight. Serve cold or at room
temperature.
--
-Barb, www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 3-29-04.
Old 21-04-2004, 02:29 PM
The Joneses
Usenet poster

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

[...]

There's a mock cavier that's made with eggplant.
The teensy seeds resemble cavier. This recipe sounds
interesting tho, kinda olive-y salsa.
Edrena

Old 22-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Scott
Usenet poster

In article ,
The Joneses wrote:

There's a mock cavier that's made with eggplant.
The teensy seeds resemble cavier.

A babaghanouj variant, isn't it?

please mail OT responses only