-L.

Default freeze dried fruits

I have been purchasing freeze dried strawberries and raspberries as a
snack for DS. They are made by http://www.justtomatoes.com The
problem is they cost an arm and a leg - and ordering from the source is
even more expensive. Anyone know of a low-cost source for freeze dried
fruits?

TIA,
-L.

Rick & Cyndi

"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have been purchasing freeze dried strawberries and raspberries as a
> snack for DS. They are made by http://www.justtomatoes.com The
> problem is they cost an arm and a leg - and ordering from the source is
> even more expensive. Anyone know of a low-cost source for freeze dried
> fruits?
>
> TIA,
> -L.
>=====

Do they taste any better than 'regular' dehydrated straw/rasp berries? I
ask because drying your own is easy and relatively cheap to do...

Cyndi

Frogleg

On 29 May 2005 01:46:50 -0700, "-L." > wrote:

>I have been purchasing freeze dried strawberries and raspberries as a
>snack for DS. They are made by http://www.justtomatoes.com The
>problem is they cost an arm and a leg - and ordering from the source is
>even more expensive. Anyone know of a low-cost source for freeze dried
>fruits?

Site doesn't say "freeze-dried", but "dried," which can be done with
any dehydrator or even a low oven. I was appalled at the price of
dried cherries until I looked at *fresh* ones in the markets! Since
fruits & veg have a lot of water in them, it may take 3-4 pounds of
fresh to produce a pound of dried. It's certainly easy enough.
-L.

Rick & Cyndi wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >I have been purchasing freeze dried strawberries and raspberries as a
> > snack for DS. They are made by http://www.justtomatoes.com The
> > problem is they cost an arm and a leg - and ordering from the source is
> > even more expensive. Anyone know of a low-cost source for freeze dried
> > fruits?
> >
> > TIA,
> > -L.
> >=====

> Do they taste any better than 'regular' dehydrated straw/rasp berries? I
> ask because drying your own is easy and relatively cheap to do...
>
> Cyndi

They're crispier and mety in your mouth which is why I want them -
they're for a 16 month old baby.

-L.

-L.

Frogleg wrote:
> Site doesn't say "freeze-dried", but "dried," which can be done with
> any dehydrator or even a low oven.

They're freeze-dried though.

-L.

Rick & Cyndi

"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Rick & Cyndi wrote:
>> "-L." > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>> >I have been purchasing freeze dried strawberries and raspberries as a
>> > snack for DS. They are made by http://www.justtomatoes.com The
>> > problem is they cost an arm and a leg - and ordering from the source is
>> > even more expensive. Anyone know of a low-cost source for freeze dried
>> > fruits?
>> >
>> > TIA,
>> > -L.
>> >=====

>> Do they taste any better than 'regular' dehydrated straw/rasp berries? I
>> ask because drying your own is easy and relatively cheap to do...
>>
>> Cyndi

> They're crispier and mety in your mouth which is why I want them -
> they're for a 16 month old baby.
>
> -L.
>=

Ahhhhh, yes, that would be different... <shrug> Sorry I can't help.
Cyndi