Jbrodie1750

Default fava bean query...

A few years agao I had a fava been dip in an middle eastern restaurant that was
wonderful. I got the impresssion that it was a famous, or at least a
characteristic dish. Yet in checking out google, everything I come up with
doesn't seem to match my recollection. Could anyone tell me what the dip was,
and include a recipe for it as well? I do remember that the fava beans had
been made into a smooth paste.

Many Thanks,

Jonathan
Dimitri

"Jbrodie1750" > wrote in message
> A few years agao I had a fava been dip in an middle eastern restaurant

that was
> wonderful. I got the impresssion that it was a famous, or at least a
> characteristic dish. Yet in checking out google, everything I come up

with
> doesn't seem to match my recollection. Could anyone tell me what the dip

was,
> and include a recipe for it as well? I do remember that the fava beans

had
> been made into a smooth paste.
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

Google

Fava bean dip
Over 2700 hits.

Dimitri

Bissara (Fresh Fava Bean Dip)

2 pounds fresh fava beans, shelled, peeled if large
3 tb fresh lemon juice
5 tb extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp minced fresh flat-leaf parsley

pita wedges, sliced raw carrots, or crackers for serving

Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Blanch the beans
for 2 or 3 minutes. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
Peel if the beans are large.
In a blender or food processor, combine half the beans, the reserved liquid
and the lemon juice. (Add more liquid if you prefer a thinner dip.)
Process, scraping down the sides with a spatula, until the mixture is fairly
smooth. Add the remaining beans and the oil, and process until smooth.
Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the salt and cumin. Sprinkle with
the parsley. Serve with pita bread, vegetables, or crackers for dipping.

Jbrodie1750

>Fava bean dip
>Over 2700 hits.

Well...obviously my googling skills need improvement. Anyway, the recipe you
supplied does seem to fit.

I'm off to buy some fava beans!

Thank you...

Jonathan

Fava bean flour? Ricavito Diabetic 5 17-05-2009 05:42 PM
Fava Bean Soup with Country Ham and Pecorino Cheese Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 26-06-2008 03:18 AM
Fava bean substitute? Frank Warner General Cooking 9 20-05-2006 03:59 PM
red bean paste query... Jean B. General Cooking 16 22-03-2006 12:39 AM
chick pea and fava bean flour Samuel Fromartz Sourdough 3 23-02-2004 02:24 AM