FoodBanter.com

-   -   Empty Ice Cream Cartons (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/5959-empty-ice-cream-cartons.html)

Reseus P. Monkey 09-04-2004 06:16 PM

Empty Ice Cream Cartons

I've been making my own ice cream. Is there somewhere to buy empty
cartons from, like the kind Haagen Daz comes in?

Thanks.

Richard Kaszeta 09-04-2004 06:27 PM

Empty Ice Cream Cartons

(Reseus P. Monkey) writes:
> I've been making my own ice cream. Is there somewhere to buy empty
> cartons from, like the kind Haagen Daz comes in?

They are available from a lot of places, but perhaps not in small quantities.

Know a restaurant operator? They can get them from Sysco.

www.icecreamproducts.com also carries cartons.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

[email protected] 09-04-2004 08:38 PM

Empty Ice Cream Cartons

Reseus P. Monkey > wrote:
> I've been making my own ice cream. Is there somewhere to buy empty
> cartons from, like the kind Haagen Daz comes in?

Do the containers have to be disposable? If not, you could always
find small plastic containers with lids at a dollar store or perhaps
a warehouse store such as Costco. You could fill the containers
with ice cream and than reused them again and again.

TheCatinTX 09-04-2004 09:35 PM

Empty Ice Cream Cartons

Restaurant Supply stores have lots of inexpensive containers.

Kate Connally 13-04-2004 09:15 PM

Empty Ice Cream Cartons

"Reseus P. Monkey" wrote:

> I've been making my own ice cream. Is there somewhere to buy empty
> cartons from, like the kind Haagen Daz comes in?
>
> Thanks.

I occasionally buy Baskin-Robbins ice cream and save
the containers. They're perfect for my homemade
ice cream and can be used over and over.
Kate
--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Reseus P. Monkey 15-04-2004 02:38 AM

Empty Ice Cream Cartons

Good ideas. I ended up just using a Haagen Daz container which is
working fine. The website had good containers, but the quantities were
absurd. Gonna try a new restaurant supply store in the area. Thanks.