John Gaughan

Default Roach Coach Etiquitte?

Steve Wertz wrote:
> What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?

The more important question is, why order from a roach coach? I do not
know about the rest of you guys but I value my health. I do not trust
those things.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

The Ranger

John Gaughan > wrote in message
> Steve Wertz asked:
> > What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach
> > coach?
> >

> The more important question is, why order from a roach coach?
> I do not know about the rest of you guys but I value my health.
> I do not trust those things.

Puh-shah! That's silly.

The roach coaches around the businesses I've worked are cleaner than many of
the local restaurants. Besides, some of the best togo food I've eaten has
been at these things! One couple (Vietnamese) prepped some of the BEST
spring rolls and hot sauces! I was placing an order five days a week. Then I
changed jobs. The next roach coach was a taco dealer! Darned good eats,
dude!

Live a little.

The Ranger
--
Superstition joins tradition to battle science. It's not a new conflict, and
the arguments are always the same ("why?" "BECAUSE! you damned infidel!").

notbob

On 2004-04-09, Steve Wertz > wrote:

> Do you just yell in your order while the cook has their back
> turned or do you wait for some sort of acknowledgement that you're
> there and then state your business?

For best results, do not address the cook at all. Place your order with the
money taker and let them relay it to the cook. Odds are, the cook
doesn't speak English, anyway.

nb
The Ranger

Steve Wertz > wrote in message
> What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach
> coach?
>
> Do you just yell in your order while the cook has their
> back turned or do you wait for some sort of acknowledgement
> that you're there and then state your business?
>
> Some guy cut in front of me today and I was a little ticked. but
> then I got to thinking that I've seen other people do this while I
> was waiting.

It's a tightly controlled free-form dance when done best; no one leads as
customers join in screaming out their orders, the cashier confirms each
bellow, not one meal is missed with everyone knowing when their orders come
due.

Next time you're there, bellow up at the cashier to place your order and
step back. When your order comes up (3-4 minutes later), pay for it and
leave. [It's easiest if you already know what you want so that you aren't
holding up the line asking about new tries; the cashier will try and force
one of those on you if you hesitate. Beware, though, those particular meals
are a crap shoot! Sometimes they can be divine; sometimes they're /really/,
really bad. <shudder>

What'd you have and is it run by Mexicans or Vietnamese?

The Ranger

sf

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 19:37:23 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

> What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?

What's a roach coach?

sf

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 02:50:58 GMT, Steve Ritter
> wrote:

> Now that's out of the way. Conditions inside the cooking area do not allow
> for a lot of politeness. So you do put your order in as you walk up. This
> assumes that everyone else already did, unlike you, who waits for a signal.
> And experienced cooks will simply acknowledge your order and start it off
> immediately. If you wait, another person's tortilla will fly onto the hot
> plate.
>
> Of course, there will always be someone not used to this and so - it is a
> bloody mess.

Sounds like NYC.

Jack Schidt®

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?
>
> Do you just yell in your order while the cook has their back
> turned or do you wait for some sort of acknowledgement that you're
> there and then state your business?

Depends; if you're in RI you just yell it out. Otherwise, you would wait
for eye contact. No, you'd just yell it out, that covers both worlds.
(Kawfeee Milk!!!)

> Some guy cut in front of me today and I was a little ticked. but
> then I got to thinking that I've seen other people do this while I
> was waiting.

If you're studying the menu, then others will give you the consideration of
studying the menu. That's how it works around here.

Jack Airstream

> -sw

Jack Schidt®

"John Gaughan" > wrote in message
> Steve Wertz wrote:
> > What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?

> The more important question is, why order from a roach coach? I do not
> know about the rest of you guys but I value my health. I do not trust
> those things.

Nah, lighten up, amigo. Most RC's are in good health, unlike a lotta sit
down joints.

Jack Portable

notbob

On 2004-04-09, Steve Wertz > wrote:

> have the best tacos in town. And the chinese/vietnamese roach
> coaches have the best egg rolls and banh mi.

Yeah, I can eat those egg rolls by the truck load. Hot tip: all those egg
rolls on all those roach coaches all come one place, King Eggroll. You can
buy them frozen by the truck load for a major discount and take them home
and cook 'em yourself.

http://www.kingeggroll.net/

Killer King Eggroll Sauce

ketchup
Sriracha hot sauce
sugar
water to thin

I usually go about 2-3 parts ketchup to
1 part Sriracha, add enough sugar to
sweeten, add enough water to only slightly
thin to squeeze bottle consitency.

enjoy =D
nb
notbob

On 2004-04-09, Steve Ritter > wrote:

> a lot of Gringos, just leave. If it is patronized by Mexicans, you're
> certain to have some good inexpensive food.

By your logic, McDonald's serves good food. In truth, Mexican's, or any
other ethnic group, are no more discerning of their native food than
gringo's. Here where I live, most Mexican's frequent two of a half dozen
taquerias. The most popular of the two actually serves lousy food. But, it
serves big portions for cheap (lottsa rice).

nb

notbob

On 2004-04-09, sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 19:37:23 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:
>
>> What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?

> What's a roach coach?

You know ....a gaggin' wagon ...vehicular foodslaughter ...swill on wheels
....roadkill express ...the upchuck truck ...you get the idea.

They are those big ol' rolling white enamel and diamond pattern stainless
steel clad panel trucks with lift up doors and a full grill inside and
spew out a cornucopia of grease dripping fast food of the kind that make
Americans swoon. Who can forget those roach coach classics like malibu
chicken sandwich, chinese sausage n' rice, breakfast burrito, and the
ubiquitous deep fried chimachanga. Let's not forget hot black coffee strong
enough to warm the heart of a Marine drill instructor. Yum!

Here's a pic:

http://www.cateringtruck.com/used_ca..._for_sale2.htm

nb
Jack Schidt®

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:14:36 -0700, "The Ranger"
> > wrote:
>
> >What'd you have and is it run by Mexicans or Vietnamese?

> I had 5 Vietnamese style egg rolls for $2. Best I've had in town
> since the last roach coach got busted for fencing stolen goods.

<http://www.dailytexanonline.com/news...tions.Filed.In
..Egg.Roll.Cart.Case-625974.shtml>

> This was a sad day in Austin culinary history. Her egg-rolls were
> the talk of the town.
>
> -sw

I hear that. When I lived in Denver, there was a woman who made the best
burritos that she delivered to sites. Trouble was, she wasn't completely
'street legal' so another roach coach operator narc'd her out. I never saw
her or her burritos again. I'd tell you more but I can't stop crying.

Jack Tears

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 04:29:05 GMT, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 19:37:23 -0500, Steve Wertz
> > wrote:
> >
> >> What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?

> >What's a roach coach?

> OK - I'll bite:
>
> A silver truck that has a small kitchen (grill, microwave(?)
> deep-fryer, refridgeraror/freezer) inside, and serves quick
> service foods and vending machine fare. Usually staffed by two
> people - a cook, and a driver/cashier. They drive around to
> different companys or areas and serve the US version of street
> food.
>
> AKA: Catering Truck.
>
> Sound familiar now?
>
> -sw

LOL! I was going to ask, too. Never heard of one. Never seen one.
Never heard of the concept except for a "sandwich truck" that used to
come to Honeywell's Aeronautical Division in NE Minneapolis 40 years
ago. Nothing, though, like what notbob described. (Gaggin' Wagon? Oy!)
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-29-04.
Mr. Wizard

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?
>
> Do you just yell in your order while the cook has their back
> turned or do you wait for some sort of acknowledgement that you're
> there and then state your business?
>
> Some guy cut in front of me today and I was a little ticked. but
> then I got to thinking that I've seen other people do this while I
> was waiting.
>
> -sw

I usually fire my Winchester Police Issue 12 ga. pump
into the air and I have their complete attention and the
place to myself.

Nancy Young

The Ranger wrote:

> John Gaughan > wrote in message

> > The more important question is, why order from a roach coach?
> > I do not know about the rest of you guys but I value my health.
> > I do not trust those things.

> Puh-shah! That's silly.
>
> The roach coaches around the businesses I've worked are cleaner than many of
> the local restaurants. Besides, some of the best togo food I've eaten has
> been at these things! One couple (Vietnamese) prepped some of the BEST
> spring rolls and hot sauces! I was placing an order five days a week. Then I
> changed jobs. The next roach coach was a taco dealer! Darned good eats,
> dude!

Don't you think they'd be easier to keep roach free than a building?
Well, the truck used to come by every morning and every lunch, people
would watch out for it, the truck is here! Where else to get a cup
of coffee or hot chocolate and a bagel, toasted or not, maybe an egg
and cheese sandwich, whatEVER, for breakfast, or a variety of decent
food at lunch?

Like a rolling diner. And when you work in a place where there is
no cafeteria, it's a godsend.

nancy

The Ranger

notbob >, answered with wit and precision, sf's question
in message news:Yusdc.105181$JO3.74385@attbi_s04...
> > What's a roach coach?

> You know ....a gaggin' wagon ...vehicular foodslaughter ...swill
> on wheels ...roadkill express ...the upchuck truck ...you get
> the idea.
>
> They are those big ol' rolling white enamel and diamond pattern
> stainless steel clad panel trucks with lift up doors and a full grill
> inside and spew out a cornucopia of grease dripping fast food of
> the kind that make Americans swoon. Who can forget those roach
> coach classics like malibu chicken sandwich, chinese sausage n' rice,
> breakfast burrito, and the ubiquitous deep fried chimachanga. Let's
> not forget hot black coffee strong enough to warm the heart of a
> Marine drill instructor. Yum!

Dang, your description is funny! I've saved it.

BTW: I'd only heard about half of those title. My education is complete now.

The Ranger

The Ranger

Nancy Young > asked in message
> The Ranger wrote:
> >
> > John Gaughan > wrote in message

> > > The more important question is, why order from a roach coach?
> > > I do not know about the rest of you guys but I value my health.
> > > I do not trust those things.
> > >

> > Puh-shah! That's silly.
> >
> > The roach coaches around the businesses I've worked are cleaner
> > than many of the local restaurants. Besides, some of the best togo
> > food I've eaten has been at these things! One couple (Vietnamese)
> > prepped some of the BEST spring rolls and hot sauces! I was
> > placing an order five days a week. Then I changed jobs. The next
> > roach coach was a taco dealer! Darned good eats, dude!
> >

> Don't you think they'd be easier to keep roach free than a building?

Yes but roaches and other vermin can unwittingly be brought into a place
through the boxed items that are carried aboard. But, as a rule, I'm not
nearly as worried about the cleanliness of these cafes on wheels as some of
the more dank-n-dark hole in the wall places I've discovered.

> Well, the truck used to come by every morning and every lunch,
> people would watch out for it, the truck is here! Where else to
> get a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a bagel, toasted or not,
> maybe an egg and cheese sandwich, whatEVER, for breakfast,
> or a variety of decent food at lunch?
>
> Like a rolling diner. And when you work in a place where there
> is no cafeteria, it's a godsend.

Indeed! And when they make even halfway-decent food, the wait can be
excruciatingly long! The Vietnamese couple would spend 30 minutes at our
place in the morning and then over 60 at lunch! The line was longer than
Togo's* around the corner.

The Ranger

*Togo's Sandwiches; local franchise that is very popular.

Nancy Young

The Ranger wrote:

> Nancy Young > asked in message

> > Don't you think they'd be easier to keep roach free than a building?

> Yes but roaches and other vermin can unwittingly be brought into a place
> through the boxed items that are carried aboard.

Oh, I know! I'm just saying, if they did get roaches, it's a self
contained unit, not like a building. Where would they hide if
there isn't an apartment upstairs or something. I don't think I
explained that very well, but I'm thinking, empty it out, put in
a bug bomb and shut the doors.

> > Well, the truck used to come by every morning and every lunch,
> > people would watch out for it, the truck is here! Where else to
> > get a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a bagel, toasted or not,
> > maybe an egg and cheese sandwich, whatEVER, for breakfast,
> > or a variety of decent food at lunch?
> >
> > Like a rolling diner. And when you work in a place where there
> > is no cafeteria, it's a godsend.

> Indeed! And when they make even halfway-decent food, the wait can be
> excruciatingly long! The Vietnamese couple would spend 30 minutes at our
> place in the morning and then over 60 at lunch! The line was longer than
> Togo's* around the corner.

Gawd, sometimes the wait was excrutiating because it was like
10 degrees out. Ack. But this guy just served up your usual grill
items, sandwiches, fruit, like that. Sausage and pepper subs.
It was good. Truck was spotless.

nancy
MareCat

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 00:59:13 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 04:29:05 GMT, sf > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 19:37:23 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:
>>
>>> What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?

>>What's a roach coach?

>OK - I'll bite:
>
>A silver truck that has a small kitchen (grill, microwave(?)
>deep-fryer, refridgeraror/freezer) inside, and serves quick
>service foods and vending machine fare. Usually staffed by two
>people - a cook, and a driver/cashier. They drive around to
>different companys or areas and serve the US version of street
>food.
>
>AKA: Catering Truck.
>
>Sound familiar now?
>
>-sw

i.e., the taco trucks that are *everywhere* in Houston and similar
places.
Pan Ohco

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:17:42 GMT, "Mr. Wizard" >
wrote:

>I usually fire my Winchester Police Issue 12 ga. pump
>into the air and I have their complete attention and the
>place to myself.

You don't even have to fire it, just the sound of it chambering a
round, will get you everyone undivided attention.
Pan Ohco

John Gaughan

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> Nah, lighten up, amigo. Most RC's are in good health, unlike a lotta
> sit down joints.

Roach coaches are not all bad, but the ones I have seen were a bit dirty
and the food was not all that great. The convenience is always nice,
assuming they have consistent timing.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Charles Gifford

"Mr. Wizard" > wrote in message
m...

> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?
> >
> > Do you just yell in your order while the cook has their back
> > turned or do you wait for some sort of acknowledgement that you're
> > there and then state your business?
> >
> > Some guy cut in front of me today and I was a little ticked. but
> > then I got to thinking that I've seen other people do this while I
> > was waiting.
> >
> > -sw

> I usually fire my Winchester Police Issue 12 ga. pump
> into the air and I have their complete attention and the
> place to myself.

I prefer my Ruger 10 ga. Police Issue Riot Gun.

Charlie

notbob

On 2004-04-10, Charles Gifford > wrote:

> I prefer my Ruger 10 ga. Police Issue Riot Gun.

No such animal.

nb
Blair P. Houghton

John Gaughan > wrote:
>Jack Schidt® wrote:
>> Nah, lighten up, amigo. Most RC's are in good health, unlike a lotta
>> sit down joints.

>Roach coaches are not all bad, but the ones I have seen were a bit dirty
>and the food was not all that great. The convenience is always nice,
>assuming they have consistent timing.

They vary greatly. One place I worked at had two that
would set up out back for lunch. One of them was total
crap.

The other served great food, and got me hooked on chicken
curry with onions and white rice. Until one day I ordered
a burrito. Ecch. Never ask an Southeast-Asian woman to
make you a burrito. Went back to the chicken curry and
it's one of the few things I miss about that place.

--Blair
"Ernie should take an unplayable lie here."
John Gaughan

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
> Never ask an Southeast-Asian woman to
> make you a burrito.

Never order American food from an ethnic restaurant. I always cringe
when I hear someone (usually a child) order a burger at a Chinese or
Mexican restaurant. Nothing good will ever come of that.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Dave Smith

John Gaughan wrote:

> Never order American food from an ethnic restaurant. I always cringe
> when I hear someone (usually a child) order a burger at a Chinese or
> Mexican restaurant. Nothing good will ever come of that.

I don't know about that. There us a Chinese restaurant in one of the
towns I work in that has really good lunch specials including things
like hamburgs and hot beef sandwiches. Those specials are really good,
and their fries are the best around.

notbob

On 2004-04-10, John Gaughan > wrote:

> Never order American food from an ethnic restaurant. I always cringe
> when I hear someone (usually a child) order a burger at a Chinese or
> Mexican restaurant. Nothing good will ever come of that.

Geez, whatta bunch bull!

First of all, most Chinese and Mexican restaurants don't have hamburgers on
the menu or the materials to make one. Second, some of the best American
food I've ever tasted was made by foreigners. The best burger I ever bought
came from a Korean fish/chips/burger joint that started out to be a fish
market but never quite got past the burger/chips part. My favorite Southern
style BBQ joint is owned and run by a Japanese family that hires Mexican
help. The only non-chain burger joint in my town is also owned by Koreans
and their burgers beat everyone but In n' Out. In fact, most of the
non-chain burger joints in the SFBA are owned by Orientals. They've got
American fast food down cold.

nb
Jack Schidt®

"John Gaughan" > wrote in message
> Blair P. Houghton wrote:
> > Never ask an Southeast-Asian woman to
> > make you a burrito.

> Never order American food from an ethnic restaurant. I always cringe
> when I hear someone (usually a child) order a burger at a Chinese or
> Mexican restaurant. Nothing good will ever come of that.

What, like a burger is more complex to prepare than anything else in said
ethnic establishments? Gimme a break! Now if I'm in a burger joint and
someone orders tamales, I may raise an eyebrow...

Jack Xenophobic

notbob

On 2004-04-10, Jack Schidt® > wrote:

> What, like a burger is more complex to prepare than anything else in said
> ethnic establishments? Gimme a break! Now if I'm in a burger joint and
> someone orders tamales, I may raise an eyebrow...

I'll never forget the time I went to lunch at one of those supposed upscale
Mexican chain restaurants. They had a buffet set up and couple ol' geezer
black cooks were holding down the fort. It was the only time I ever had
Mexican food where every dish had a distinct bubba-Q undertone to it. I can
tell ya, it just don't work!

nb
Dave Smith

notbob wrote:

> I'll never forget the time I went to lunch at one of those supposed upscale
> Mexican chain restaurants.

Hmmm. I always that that "upscale chain" was an oxymoron.

> They had a buffet set up and couple ol' geezer
> black cooks were holding down the fort. It was the only time I ever had
> Mexican food where every dish had a distinct bubba-Q undertone to it. I can
> tell ya, it just don't work!

Ahh..... upscale buffet.
I have to confess that I never really thought that ethnicity ever had a lot to
do with one's ability to cook. Sure, a person who is used to cooking a
particular ethnic cuisine and supplied with the proper ingredients might require
less training, but you're talking restaurant chains. They have their own
recipes, processes, ingredients and suppliers. A recent thread on buffets
indicated that many people consider them to be serving something much less than
top grade food.

Lou

You see why this group is so much fun? That is a suh-WEEEEEEET gut truck!!!

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2004-04-09, sf > wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 19:37:23 -0500, Steve Wertz
> > wrote:
> >
> >> What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?

> > What's a roach coach?

> You know ....a gaggin' wagon ...vehicular foodslaughter ...swill on wheels
> ...roadkill express ...the upchuck truck ...you get the idea.
>
> They are those big ol' rolling white enamel and diamond pattern stainless
> steel clad panel trucks with lift up doors and a full grill inside and
> spew out a cornucopia of grease dripping fast food of the kind that make
> Americans swoon. Who can forget those roach coach classics like malibu
> chicken sandwich, chinese sausage n' rice, breakfast burrito, and the
> ubiquitous deep fried chimachanga. Let's not forget hot black coffee

strong
> enough to warm the heart of a Marine drill instructor. Yum!
>
> Here's a pic:
>
> http://www.cateringtruck.com/used_ca..._for_sale2.htm
>
> nb

notbob

On 2004-04-11, Dave Smith > wrote:

> Ahh..... upscale buffet.
> I have to confess that I never really thought that ethnicity ever had a lot to
> do with one's ability to cook. Sure, a person who is used to cooking a
> particular ethnic cuisine and supplied with the proper ingredients might require
> less training, but you're talking restaurant chains. They have their own
> recipes, processes, ingredients and suppliers.

Yeah, this was definitely an aberration. Maybe they were subs, the regular
staff out with ...well, one can only speculate.

nb
notbob

On 2004-04-11, Steve Wertz > wrote:

> Why remodel the kitchen when you can just park one of these babies
> outside the kitchen door?

Howzabout price. Last time I heard, these things were going for
$80-100K new, and that was 15 years ago. Lord knows how many of your
kids you have to indenture to buy one now!

nb
Blair P. Houghton

Lou > wrote:
>"notbob" > wrote in message
>> On 2004-04-09, sf > wrote:

>> > What's a roach coach?

>> You know ....a gaggin' wagon ...vehicular foodslaughter ...swill on wheels..

>> http://www.cateringtruck.com/used_ca..._for_sale2.htm

>You see why this group is so much fun? That is a suh-WEEEEEEET gut truck!!!

No shit.

See the gas grill with a real grill grate?

Those are not typical.

I've never seen a roach coach that had one. They all
have flat griddles (as this one does also) but never
grilled-grills.

You could serve proper food out of that truck.

--Blair
"Gnarly."
notbob

On 2004-04-11, Blair P Houghton > wrote:

> Those are not typical.
>
> I've never seen a roach coach that had one. They all
> have flat griddles (as this one does also) but never
> grilled-grills.

Yeah, that's a nice example.

nb

notbob

On 2004-04-11, Steve Wertz > wrote:

> Dud - they got wheels. You just hotwire them.
>
> Which brings up a interesting point - is there a black-market for
> these things?

Uhhmm... maybe! I know back in the early 80's the Hells Angels were
very much into the roach coach rackets in the South Bay. Not sure
where that went after the flood of SE Asians during the late 80's and
early 90's.

nb
sf

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 07:43:52 GMT, notbob
> wrote:

> On 2004-04-09, sf > wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 19:37:23 -0500, Steve Wertz
> > wrote:
> >
> >> What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?

> > What's a roach coach?

> You know ....a gaggin' wagon ...vehicular foodslaughter ...swill on wheels
> ...roadkill express ...the upchuck truck ...you get the idea.
>
> They are those big ol' rolling white enamel and diamond pattern stainless
> steel clad panel trucks with lift up doors and a full grill inside and
> spew out a cornucopia of grease dripping fast food of the kind that make
> Americans swoon. Who can forget those roach coach classics like malibu
> chicken sandwich, chinese sausage n' rice, breakfast burrito, and the
> ubiquitous deep fried chimachanga. Let's not forget hot black coffee strong
> enough to warm the heart of a Marine drill instructor. Yum!
>
> Here's a pic:
>
> http://www.cateringtruck.com/used_ca..._for_sale2.htm

Thanks for the photo. I've never seen one. Our "catering"
trucks don't serve hot food and everything is iced.

Are they what vendors use at fairs?

Charles Gifford

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2004-04-10, Charles Gifford > wrote:
>
> > I prefer my Ruger 10 ga. Police Issue Riot Gun.

> No such animal.
>
> nb

You wanna see it bubba?

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Steve Ritter" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:11:50 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> > Interjected.. :
>

> > "Mr. Wizard" > wrote in message
> > m...

> > > I usually fire my Winchester Police Issue 12 ga. pump
> > > into the air and I have their complete attention and the
> > > place to myself.
> > >

> > I prefer my Ruger 10 ga. Police Issue Riot Gun.
> >
> > Charlie
> >

> Get a pan for those Testosterone dripping!
>
> The bigger the gun, the braver the man eh
>
> Steve
>
> Buffering... _69%_ |||||||||||||||||||

You becha! Gotta make up for the shortcomings elsewhere. ;-)

Charlie

notbob

On 2004-04-11, sf > wrote:

> Thanks for the photo. I've never seen one. Our "catering"
> trucks don't serve hot food and everything is iced.

Sounds like the old square box on the back of a pick-up truck chassis rigs
of yesteryear. I haven't seen one of those in years, these big full diner
rigs being the norm these days. 'Course, I live in a major metropolitan
area that has literally hundreds of these rigs serving thousands of
businesses. Lately, I've had one serving a new apartment construction site
just around the corner. Gettin' me some great greasy lunches!

nb