kalanamak

Default Cleaning Refrigerator

John Gaughan wrote:

> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

Chemicals and elbow grease. I'd try one of those metal but not steel
wool bright copper coloured scrubby things with a paste of automatic
dishwashing soap as a pre-soak.
You might also try a delicate run of paint scraper (onesided razor blade
type), if it is *that* thick. Be prepared to "fill up" and throw out
alot of those scrubbers. If that is too scratchy, try the green pads
that look like matted hair. You'll fill up and have to chuck alot of
those, as well. If the surface is really delicate, try to bathroom
scrubbers...bright blue instead of matted green hair. Use goggles.
Frustrating cleanup jobs lead to aggressive arm movements that spatter
harsh chemicals. I know, oh, do I know.
blacksalt
who did alot of dorm cleaning in college, and went through alot of razor
blades.
John Gaughan

Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
that would ruin the finish.

What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

PENMART01

>John Gaughan says:
>
>Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
>and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
>is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
>scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
>made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
>that would ruin the finish.
>
>What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

Borrow a hungry dago, to lick it off like it was its mate's greasy crotch.

Or try ordinary household ammonia.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

notbob

On 2004-04-04, John Gaughan > wrote:

> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

409

....let it soak a minute or so.

nb
Mpoconnor7

As well as that stuff is stuck on there, you may want to get one of those small
bottles of Goo Gone and squirt it all over it and let it sit for five minutes
or so and the stuff should wipe right off.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".

zxcvbob

John Gaughan wrote:

> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
> that would ruin the finish.
>
> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

Ammonia and hot water will work the best, but the fumes might be too rough.
You can also try hot water and washing soda with a little bit of soap.
The washing soda does most of the work, but you have to let it soak.

-bob
Nancy Young

John Gaughan wrote:

> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
> that would ruin the finish.
>
> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

You seriously need Dow Scrubbing Bubbles. Spray it on, let it sit and
do its job. Then get out the Scotch Brite sponge and gently give it
the wash on/wash off action. With the scrubby side.

nancy
Puester

John Gaughan wrote:

> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
> that would ruin the finish.
>
> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?
>
> --
> John Gaughan
> http://www.johngaughan.net/
> .

Go to a paint store or Home Depot and buy a
pkg of TSP (trisodium phosphate). Dissolve
according to package directions and sponge it
on. Be careful you don't scrub too hard or
you will remove the finish.

gloria p
Dan Levy

"John Gaughan" > wrote in message
> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator.

> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

Simple Green straight from the bottle on the plastic scrubber. If that
fails, try straight ammonia with the scrubber. (Use rubber gloves)

Jessica Vincent

"John Gaughan" > wrote in message
> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
> that would ruin the finish.
>
> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?
>
> --
> John Gaughan
> http://www.johngaughan.net/

I'd try Simple Green or Greased Lightening, both work very well to remove
gunk that other cleaners won't touch.

Jessica

T E

Dog grooming shops I've work for uses this cleaning product with
superior results.
I use it at home for everything including wiping down walls with flat
paint-only product I've found that works-.
It is expensive but one bottle lasts me a year at home and you won't
have to be concern with any lingering food grease liquor odors in your
dorm room.
http://www.eliteorange.com/

PENMART01

>>"John Gaughan" wrote:
>>
>> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
>> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
>> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
>> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
>> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
>> that would ruin the finish.
>>
>> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

What kinda feral beast allows grease to accumulate month after month without
ever even attempting to clean up their slop, none, even feral beasts know not
to shit where they eat. How often do you bathe, perhaps once a year... I can
only imagine the rest of your apartment, totally trashed, you must be the
tenant from hell.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

K. Reece

"John Gaughan" > wrote in message
> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
> that would ruin the finish.
>
> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?
>
> --
> John Gaughan
> http://www.johngaughan.net/

I'd try Simple Green first. It dissolves grease very well and there are no
noxious fumes. If that didn't take care of it I'd use Dawn Power Dissolver
next. It works really well on grease.

Kathy

Katra

In article >,
John Gaughan > wrote:

> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
> that would ruin the finish.
>
> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

Orange stuff. :-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by cats! -- Asimov

Blair P. Houghton

John Gaughan > wrote:
>Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
>and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
>is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
>scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
>made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
>that would ruin the finish.
>
>What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

Hard to do. They're not just grease; they're polymerized.
I.e., you made plastic.

I wonder if the enamel on the outside of a fridge is as
tough as the enamel on the inside of an oven.

If it is, then Easy-Off would do the trick (test it first
on a spot in the back or a lower corner of the fridge by
the cabinets where nobody will ever see...)

Or leave it there and call it "original antique patina".

--Blair
"Hey. Half-truth works for the White House."

leebee

PENMART01 wrote:
>>> "John Gaughan" wrote:
>>>
>>> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a
>>> year and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the
>>> side. It is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it
>>> clean. I tried scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub
>>> pad, but it barely made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool
>>> would get it off, but that would ruin the finish.
>>>
>>> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

> What kinda feral beast allows grease to accumulate month after month
> without ever even attempting to clean up their slop, none, even feral
> beasts know not to shit where they eat. How often do you bathe,
> perhaps once a year... I can only imagine the rest of your apartment,
> totally trashed, you must be the tenant from hell.

I must admit, this is my reaction too.
A year & a half or frying without cleaning ? ewwww (

Rick & Cyndi

:
: What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?
:
: --
: John Gaughan
===============

Dawn detergent and a scrubby sponge. If you don't have any Dawn
on hand you can use shampoo. I've used that to scrub down greasy
kitchen cabinets in a rental apartment. I've often wondered
why/how the previous tenants would have kept/left cabinets that
yucky. Ewwwww.

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Wayne Boatwright

"leebee" > wrote in news:c4qkpd$2kcn7l$1@ID-
68626.news.uni-berlin.de:

>> What kinda feral beast allows grease to accumulate month after month
>> without ever even attempting to clean up their slop, none, even feral
>> beasts know not to shit where they eat. How often do you bathe,
>> perhaps once a year... I can only imagine the rest of your apartment,
>> totally trashed, you must be the tenant from hell.

> I must admit, this is my reaction too.
> A year & a half or frying without cleaning ? ewwww (

When the landlord sees this mess, not to mention the rest of the place,
he'll probably decide to simply replace the appliances.

Wayne
Katra

In article >,
Blair P. Houghton > wrote:

> John Gaughan > wrote:
> >Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
> >and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
> >is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
> >scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
> >made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
> >that would ruin the finish.
> >
> >What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

> Hard to do. They're not just grease; they're polymerized.
> I.e., you made plastic.
>
> I wonder if the enamel on the outside of a fridge is as
> tough as the enamel on the inside of an oven.
>
> If it is, then Easy-Off would do the trick (test it first
> on a spot in the back or a lower corner of the fridge by
> the cabinets where nobody will ever see...)
>
> Or leave it there and call it "original antique patina".
>
> --Blair
> "Hey. Half-truth works for the White House."

Or paint over it. ;-)

Easy off is an awesome idea!
I never thought of that.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by cats! -- Asimov

Wayne Boatwright

Katra > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> Blair P. Houghton > wrote:
>
>> John Gaughan > wrote:
>> >Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a
>> >year and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the
>> >side. It is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it
>> >clean. I tried scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub
>> >pad, but it barely made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool
>> >would get it off, but that would ruin the finish.
>> >
>> >What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

>> Hard to do. They're not just grease; they're polymerized.
>> I.e., you made plastic.
>>
>> I wonder if the enamel on the outside of a fridge is as
>> tough as the enamel on the inside of an oven.
>>
>> If it is, then Easy-Off would do the trick (test it first
>> on a spot in the back or a lower corner of the fridge by
>> the cabinets where nobody will ever see...)
>>
>> Or leave it there and call it "original antique patina".
>>
>> --Blair
>> "Hey. Half-truth works for the White House."

> Or paint over it. ;-)
>
> Easy off is an awesome idea!
> I never thought of that.
>
> K.

Bear in mind that oven interiors are surfaced in high-fired porcelain
enamel. The exteriors of refrigerators are generally just "baked" enamel,
which cannot withstand the same high temperatures, chemicals, or
abrasives as an oven.

Wayne

Katra

In article >,
"leebee" > wrote:

> > What kinda feral beast allows grease to accumulate month after month
> > without ever even attempting to clean up their slop, none, even feral
> > beasts know not to shit where they eat. How often do you bathe,
> > perhaps once a year... I can only imagine the rest of your apartment,
> > totally trashed, you must be the tenant from hell.

> I must admit, this is my reaction too.
> A year & a half or frying without cleaning ? ewwww (

Now now people! Lets be nice and try to be helpful, not judgemental...

Don't tell me that everyone here has never had "life" get in the way of
"well, I'll do it tomorrow" then tomorrow never comes!

I'm personally so paranoid about fires that I never let grease build up
in the kitchen, but other things get put off and 18 months can go by
like nothing. <G> Hence having to use acid to clean hard water deposits
in my shower stall! :-P No mildew, just white lime streaks. Swimming
pool acid works great for that and I purchased a brand new Israeli gas
mask off of ebay just for using pure acid in the bathroom. <G> Works too.
Bought extra filters for it at the same time, so now I'm set for a
terrorist gas attack if that every happens. ;-D

Goo gone ought to work on old grease deposits, (similar to my earlier
recommendation of Orange stuff, I think it is a similar product) but I
liked the Easy off idea even better. :-)

K. (who really needs to de-lime the glass shower doors again, maybe
tomorrow.......)

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by cats! -- Asimov

Katra

In article <ZI4cc.77321$JO3.40722@attbi_s04>,
"Rick & Cyndi" > wrote:

> "John Gaughan" > wrote in message
> : Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over
> a year
> : and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the
> side. It
> : is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean.
> I tried
> : scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it
> barely
> : made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it
> off, but
> : that would ruin the finish.
> :
> : What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?
> :
> : --
> : John Gaughan
> ===============
>
> Dawn detergent and a scrubby sponge. If you don't have any Dawn
> on hand you can use shampoo. I've used that to scrub down greasy
> kitchen cabinets in a rental apartment. I've often wondered
> why/how the previous tenants would have kept/left cabinets that
> yucky. Ewwwww.

I've recently discovered that Ajax dishwashing liquid is far superior to
Dawn in cutting grease so have switched over. It's also cheaper. ;-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by cats! -- Asimov

John Gaughan

PENMART01 wrote:
> What kinda feral beast allows grease to accumulate month after month
> without ever even attempting to clean up their slop, none, even feral
> beasts know not to shit where they eat. How often do you bathe,
> perhaps once a year... I can only imagine the rest of your apartment,
> totally trashed, you must be the tenant from hell.

Hey jackass, I do clean on a regular basis. But after a while, the
grease still builds up. It is not really bad, just a few large splotches
and I was able to get most of it up. There are just a few stubbon parts.

My house is very clean overall. I keep the stove, sink, bathrooms, etc.
spotless.

I bet your farm stinks like horse shit, why don't you shovel yourself
into a trash can?

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> When the landlord sees this mess, not to mention the rest of the
> place, he'll probably decide to simply replace the appliances.

The rest of the place is very clean. Speak of what you know, not what
you guess (incorrectly).

If the "landlord" decides to replace appliances, it is deducted from my
paycheck. See, there is no landlord per se, this is military housing.
Overall they have unreasonable expectations about the condition of the
house when I move out, but it is not unreasonable to expect me to clean
up some built-up grease.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

augie wrote:
> You could keep them at bay by cleaning the area a little more often.
> Eewww.

I clean the kitchen once a week, on top of cleaning up after myself as I
cook.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Saerah

John Gaughan wrote in message >...
>Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
>and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
>is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
>scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
>made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
>that would ruin the finish.
>
>What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

i would try baking soda. or barkeeper's friend. and if those didnt work, id
live with it

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it
had an underlying truth."

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
farcical aquatic ceremony."

>--
>John Gaughan
>http://www.johngaughan.net/

sf

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 18:51:06 -0500, John Gaughan
> wrote:

> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
> that would ruin the finish.
>
> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

My goodness, John... there are all sorts of things you can
use. Amonia cut with water for starters. If that doesn't
work, try an orange degreaser. If that fails, Dawn has a
product on the morket called Power Dissolver.

sf

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 01:32:32 GMT, Puester
> wrote:

> Go to a paint store or Home Depot and buy a
> pkg of TSP (trisodium phosphate). Dissolve
> according to package directions and sponge it
> on. Be careful you don't scrub too hard or
> you will remove the finish.

I forgot about TSP. You're absolutely right, it'll take off
the finish if you're not careful. The timing has to be
right too.

sf

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:34:13 -0500, Katra
> wrote:

> In article >,
> "leebee" > wrote:
> >
> > I must admit, this is my reaction too.
> > A year & a half or frying without cleaning ? ewwww (
> >

> Now now people! Lets be nice and try to be helpful, not judgemental...
>
> Don't tell me that everyone here has never had "life" get in the way of
> "well, I'll do it tomorrow" then tomorrow never comes!
>
> I'm personally so paranoid about fires that I never let grease build up
> in the kitchen, but other things get put off and 18 months can go by
> like nothing. <G>

I read it that he cleans, but doesn't "deep clean" which
means there are some stubborn grease stains left to deal
with.

Katra

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:34:13 -0500, Katra
> > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > "leebee" > wrote:
> > >
> > > I must admit, this is my reaction too.
> > > A year & a half or frying without cleaning ? ewwww (
> > >

> > Now now people! Lets be nice and try to be helpful, not judgemental...
> >
> > Don't tell me that everyone here has never had "life" get in the way of
> > "well, I'll do it tomorrow" then tomorrow never comes!
> >
> > I'm personally so paranoid about fires that I never let grease build up
> > in the kitchen, but other things get put off and 18 months can go by
> > like nothing. <G>

> I read it that he cleans, but doesn't "deep clean" which
> means there are some stubborn grease stains left to deal
> with.

I did too after reading his followup post, but I can see how a few may
have gotten a wierd impression from the original post. <G>

I've also been in on cleaning rental houses a couple of times, and some
folks are, well, just seriously disgusting slobs when it's not their own
property. <shiver> I'd never have thought that of him tho' so was
giving him the benefit of the doubt......

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by cats! -- Asimov

Judy Lowe

use one of those new mr clean spnnges they really work

PENMART01

>Duh'Wayne Goatfilth writes:

>>> What kinda feral beast allows grease to accumulate month after month
>>> without ever even attempting to clean up their slop, none, even feral
>>> beasts know not to shit where they eat. How often do you bathe,
>>> perhaps once a year... I can only imagine the rest of your apartment,
>>> totally trashed, you must be the tenant from hell.

>> I must admit, this is my reaction too.
>> A year & a half or frying without cleaning ? ewwww (

>When the landlord sees this mess, not to mention the rest of the place,
>he'll probably decide to simply replace the appliances.

The landlord will probably decide not to return the friggin' filthy slob's
security deposit plus sue in small claims court for damage expense overage and
obtain a judgement for garnishment.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

The Cook

Nancy Young > wrote:

>John Gaughan wrote:
>>
>> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
>> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
>> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
>> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
>> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
>> that would ruin the finish.
>>
>> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

>You seriously need Dow Scrubbing Bubbles. Spray it on, let it sit and
>do its job. Then get out the Scotch Brite sponge and gently give it
>the wash on/wash off action. With the scrubby side.
>
>nancy

Nancy posted this hint some time ago and it works well. Makes
cleaning the stove much easier.

Another thing I use to clean in the kitchen is baking soda. I does
any excellent cleaning job on dirt and grease and dissolves without
leaving grit.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.
The Cook

John Gaughan > wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> When the landlord sees this mess, not to mention the rest of the
>> place, he'll probably decide to simply replace the appliances.

>The rest of the place is very clean. Speak of what you know, not what
>you guess (incorrectly).
>
>If the "landlord" decides to replace appliances, it is deducted from my
>paycheck. See, there is no landlord per se, this is military housing.
>Overall they have unreasonable expectations about the condition of the
>house when I move out, but it is not unreasonable to expect me to clean
>up some built-up grease.

Since it was cleaned to the (unreasonable) expectations when you moved
in, they rightly expect you to leave it in the same (unreasonable)
condition when you leave it.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.
zxcvbob

The Cook wrote:
> Nancy Young > wrote:
>

>>John Gaughan wrote:
>>
>>>Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
>>>and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
>>>is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
>>>scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
>>>made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
>>>that would ruin the finish.
>>>
>>>What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

>>You seriously need Dow Scrubbing Bubbles. Spray it on, let it sit and
>>do its job. Then get out the Scotch Brite sponge and gently give it
>>the wash on/wash off action. With the scrubby side.
>>
>>nancy

> Nancy posted this hint some time ago and it works well. Makes
> cleaning the stove much easier.
>
> Another thing I use to clean in the kitchen is baking soda. I does
> any excellent cleaning job on dirt and grease and dissolves without
> leaving grit.

He's gonna need a stronger alkaline cleaner than baking soda -- the grease
is polymerized. Oven cleaner would be ideal, but might damage the paint on
the fridge. That's why I recommended trying *washing* soda.

-bob

Dimitri

"John Gaughan" > wrote in message
> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
> that would ruin the finish.
>
> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?
>
> --
> John Gaughan
> http://www.johngaughan.net/

If after using all the commercial cleaners have failed - use a solution of
warm water and TSP powder (tri-sodium phosphate).

Dimitri

Vox Humana

"John Gaughan" > wrote in message
> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
> that would ruin the finish.
>
> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?

Get some Dawn Power Dissolver. It is sold with the dish detergent and works
great on grease. I use it to clean the interior of my convection/microwave.
Be sure to read the directions. It will discolor some varnished surfaced,
so keep it off any cabinets.

Jarkat2002

>Get some Dawn Power Dissolver. It is sold with the dish detergent and works
>great on grease. I use it to clean the interior of my convection/microwave.
>Be sure to read the directions. It will discolor some varnished surfaced,
>so keep it off any cabinets.

I used it on a cake pan this past week ... it was a good pan ... ate off the
coating.
~Kat

"The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese."
John Gaughan

PENMART01 wrote:
> The landlord will probably decide not to return the friggin' filthy
> slob's security deposit plus sue in small claims court for damage
> expense overage and obtain a judgement for garnishment.

Moron. Why don't you go "play" with your farm animals?

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Kswck

"John Gaughan" > wrote in message
> Our deep fryer is on the counter next to the refrigerator. Over a year
> and a half of use the refrigerator has grease spatters on the side. It
> is not too bad, but before we move out we need to get it clean. I tried
> scrubbing with hot soapy water and a plastic scrub pad, but it barely
> made a dent in the grease. I am sure steel wool would get it off, but
> that would ruin the finish.
>
> What should I do to get rid of the grease spots?
>
> --
> John Gaughan
> http://www.johngaughan.net/

Try this first: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and Fantastic. If that doeesn't
work-elbow grease.