FMathies

Default Cream Cheese Frosting( For Cocunut Cake)

When referring to the Cocunut recipe from The Shubox Cafe, I did not the reicpe
posted in Epicurious did not include the original Cream Cheese Drosting.

Here are the ingredients:

4 cups coconut, sweetened-shredded
2 8 OZ Pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cream of coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla.

Using this recipe for 10 seervings has a calorie count of 1,117 calories a
slice.
MOM PEAGRAM

I missed this recipe and can't find it on google. Could you post it again,
please?

"FMathies" > wrote in message
> When referring to the Cocunut recipe from The Shubox Cafe, I did not the

reicpe
> posted in Epicurious did not include the original Cream Cheese Drosting.
>
> Here are the ingredients:
>
> 4 cups coconut, sweetened-shredded
> 2 8 OZ Pkgs cream cheese, softened
> 1 stick of butter, softened
> 4 cups powdered sugar
> 1/2 cup cream of coconut
> 1 teaspoon vanilla.
>
> Using this recipe for 10 seervings has a calorie count of 1,117 calories a
> slice.

limey

"MOM PEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> I missed this recipe and can't find it on google. Could you post it

again,
> please?

Here it is, Helen.

Dora

* Exported from MasterCook *

Coconut Layer Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting

Recipe By :Posted to rfc by F. Mathies, 12/5/99
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2 3/4 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 sticks butter -- room temperature
1 cup cream of coconut
4 eggs -- separated
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1 pinch salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 cups coconut -- sweetened
2 Pkgs cream cheese -- room temperature
1 stick butter -- room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cream of coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans with
2-inch sides. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda in bowl to blend.
Usind electric mixer, beat sugar, butter and cream of coconut in large bowl
until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract. On low speed, beat in
dry ingredients and then buttermilk. each just until blended.

Using clean dry beaters, beat egg whites with pinch of salt in another large
bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold beaten egg whites into batter. Divide
cake batter between prepared pans. Bake cakes until tester comes out clean,
about 45 minutes. Cool cakes in pans on rack 10 minutes, Run knife around
pan sides to loosen cakes. Turn cakes out ont racks and cool completely.

Spread 1 cup frosting over first cake layer. Sprinkle with 1 cup coconut.
Top with second layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides.
Sprinkle remaining coconut over cake, pressing gently to sides to adhere.
Frosting. Beat cream cheese in bowl until fluffy. Add butter and beat to
blend. Add sugar, cream of coconut and vanilla and beat until blended. ( If
frosting is too stiff, add a few drops of milk and beat un til desired
consistency.

Source: Shubox Café, in "Bon Appetit"

Per serving: 1121 Calories (kcal); 63g Total Fat; (49% calories from fat);
10g Protein; 134g Carbohydrate; 201mg Cholesterol; 710mg Sodium Food
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 12 Fat;
7 Other Carbohydrates

Source:
"Bon Appetit. Recipe by Shubox Café"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1121 Calories; 63g Fat (49.4%
calories from fat); 10g Protein; 134g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 201mg
Cholesterol; 723mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2
Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 12 Fat; 7 Other Carbohydrates.

MOM PEAGRAM

Thanks so much!