Ranee Mueller

Default Dinner Last Night

My MIL is here for the week to help us out at home with the new baby,
and has been doing a lot of the meal prep, cooking and cleaning for us.
When we were trying to decide on dinner for last night, we realized that
we had the fixings for several great salads, so we had a salad night.
Rich made a green salad with several lettuces, spinach, radish,
scallion, carrots, celery, cucumber, tomato, etc and a dressing to go
along with it. MIL made a gorgeous fruit salad with Maui Gold
pineapples, strawberries, honey mangos, bananas, red flame grapes,
braeburn apples, oranges and tangerines. I made my red potato salad and
a chicken-pasta salad which turned out quite well. We served some hot
garlic bread (not bread with garlic spread, but bread with garlic baked
in it) a chardonnay and sparkling cider.

Mustard Chicken & Pasta Salad

1 lb tricolor pasta (whatever shape you like)
3 half chicken breasts
salt
pepper
1/2 C olive oil
2 T cider vinegar
2 T dijon mustard
2 T grainy mustard
1/2 C mayonnaise
1 tsp paprika
2 large celery ribs, sliced
1 bunch scallions, sliced
1 heaping T capers

Boil the pasta in lots of salted water until just done. Cook chicken
breasts, well seasoned with salt & pepper, in a little olive oil, cut
into chunks and refrigerate.

Whisk olive oil, cider vinegar, mustards, mayonnaise and paprika
together to make dressing.

Toss pasta with chicken, celery, scallions, capers and dressing and
chill well.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24
Rick & Cyndi

:
[...]
: --
: Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.
:
: "The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
: heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts
17:24
==========

What a wonderful meal Ranee!! Glad to hear everyone is doing
well too.

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Ranee Mueller

In article <i7Gac.148791$_w.1659338@attbi_s53>, "Rick & Cyndi"
> wrote:

> What a wonderful meal Ranee!! Glad to hear everyone is doing
> well too.

Thank you. I am back on my own at home. The family all went home
yesterday. In a way, I am glad, because I don't have to deal with more
people at home, in a way I am sad because I enjoyed having them here,
and it _was_ a huge help. We are fortunate, because Rich works so close
and his company is extremely family friendly, so it is no big deal to
them if he comes home to help me lift something I can't (or someone,
like putting our 2 year old to bed for quiet time) or take our oldest to
and from school.

As for the meal, we all really enjoyed it. I wonder why we don't do
meals like that more often. This week, we're primarily eating leftovers
to clear out our fridge in preparation for Easter. I think we're also
going to turn on one of the extra refrigerators in our basement.

Regards,
Ranee