Dimitri

Default PB & Cheese crackers

Do you remember the peanut butter and cheese crackers?

Good weren't they?

Did you ever put Cheese on a peanut butter sandwich?

Dimitri

Chris Neidecker

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
. com...
> Do you remember the peanut butter and cheese crackers?
>
> Good weren't they?
>
> Did you ever put Cheese on a peanut butter sandwich?
>
> Dimitri

The cheese-peanut butter crackers hit the spot in a strange sort of way.

Sometimes I get a hankering for peanut butter on crusty bread, with slices
of sharp Cheddar atop. Not a sandwich per se; it's more a spontaneous snack
for me when all the ingredients are around, so I rip off a chunk of bread,
slather on some peanut butter, and add the cheese. Like all snacks of that
nature, it must be consumed standing up.

Thinking of this is making me thirsty!

Chris

aem

Chris Neidecker wrote:
> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > Do you remember the peanut butter and cheese crackers?

[snip]
> Thinking of this is making me thirsty!

Exactly. The crackers were only okay, they mostly created a need for
liquid. Not only did the saltiness make you thirsty, the crackers
dried out your mouth. -aem

limey

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
. com...
> Do you remember the peanut butter and cheese crackers?
>
> Good weren't they?
>
> Did you ever put Cheese on a peanut butter sandwich?
>
> Dimitri

Peanut butter and cheese crackers are still around - my eye doctor keeps a
"snack box" full of them.

Have you ever tried putting banana with PB&J sandwiches? Shades of Elvis,
but it's good.

Dora

Ariane Jenkins

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:54:43 GMT, Dimitri > wrote:
> Do you remember the peanut butter and cheese crackers?
>
> Good weren't they?
>
> Did you ever put Cheese on a peanut butter sandwich?

Oh, yeah. That was a favorite when I was a kid... Peanut butter, with a
slice of American cheese. It disgusted my mother to no end, so I could only
eat it when she wasn't around.

Ariane
--
Dysfunction: The only consistent feature of all your dissatisfying
relationships is you.

Dimitri

"limey" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Have you ever tried putting banana with PB&J sandwiches? Shades of
> Elvis, but it's good.
>
> Dora

Yep - but do you slice or mash?

Dimitri

Chris Neidecker

"Ariane Jenkins" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:54:43 GMT, Dimitri > wrote:
>> Do you remember the peanut butter and cheese crackers?
>>
>> Good weren't they?
>>
>> Did you ever put Cheese on a peanut butter sandwich?

> Oh, yeah. That was a favorite when I was a kid... Peanut butter,
> with a
> slice of American cheese. It disgusted my mother to no end, so I could
> only
> eat it when she wasn't around.

Hmm, what other peanut butter add-ons are there? I used to work with a guy
who ate peanut butter and mayo sandwiches; I've also heard of (but never
tried) peanut butter and bacon. In college, we would eat peanut butter on
english muffins, sprinkled with cocoa krispies.

wrote:
> >> Do you remember the peanut butter and cheese crackers?
> >>
> >> Good weren't they?
> >>
> >> Did you ever put Cheese on a peanut butter sandwich?

> > Oh, yeah. That was a favorite when I was a kid... Peanut

butter,
> > with a
> > slice of American cheese. It disgusted my mother to no end, so I

could
> > only
> > eat it when she wasn't around.
> >

> Hmm, what other peanut butter add-ons are there? I used to work with

a guy
> who ate peanut butter and mayo sandwiches; I've also heard of (but

never
> tried) peanut butter and bacon. In college, we would eat peanut

butter on
> english muffins, sprinkled with cocoa krispies.

Peanut butter, bacon & bananas - wasn't that Elvis' favorite? I can't
remember.

I love PB, mayo and crisp, salty iceberg lettuce - sounds weird, but it
is GOOD.

(I eat PB about once or twice a year.)

N.

Ariane Jenkins

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:07:36 GMT, Chris Neidecker >
wrote:

> Hmm, what other peanut butter add-ons are there? I used to work with a guy
> who ate peanut butter and mayo sandwiches; I've also heard of (but never
> tried) peanut butter and bacon. In college, we would eat peanut butter on
> english muffins, sprinkled with cocoa krispies.

My paternal grandmother was fond of peanut butter and banana
sandwiches. I've heard of people eating PB and marshmallow fluff, and one
particularly freakish person I know eats PB and anchovies. <g>

Ariane

limey

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
m...

> "limey" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>

>> Have you ever tried putting banana with PB&J sandwiches? Shades of
>> Elvis, but it's good.
>>
>> Dora

> Yep - but do you slice or mash?
>
> Dimitri

I'm a slicer - mashing takes too long! <G>

Dora

limey

"Ariane Jenkins" wrote in message

> and one particularly freakish person I know >eats PB and anchovies. <g>
>
> Ariane

Hmm. Now that's a sturdy soul.

Dora

Dora

Ariane Jenkins

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:03:05 -0500, limey > wrote:

> "Ariane Jenkins" wrote in message
>
>> and one particularly freakish person I know >eats PB and anchovies. <g>
>>
>> Ariane

> Hmm. Now that's a sturdy soul.
>
> Dora

Hehehe... Be sure to rag Boli about it the next time you see him in the
channel. ;D

Ariane
--
Dysfunction: The only consistent feature of all your dissatisfying
relationships is you.
http://www.despair.com/demotivators/dysfunction.html

biig

I like pb and thinly sliced sweet onion......Sharon

Ariane Jenkins wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:07:36 GMT, Chris Neidecker >
> wrote:
>
> > Hmm, what other peanut butter add-ons are there? I used to work with a guy
> > who ate peanut butter and mayo sandwiches; I've also heard of (but never
> > tried) peanut butter and bacon. In college, we would eat peanut butter on
> > english muffins, sprinkled with cocoa krispies.

> My paternal grandmother was fond of peanut butter and banana
> sandwiches. I've heard of people eating PB and marshmallow fluff, and one
> particularly freakish person I know eats PB and anchovies. <g>
>
> Ariane

PB is great on apples, and I also like it on cauliflower. Rumors of me
dipping chocolate and potato chips in peanut butter are greatly
exagerated.

Dean G.

nancree

my 2 favorites are peanut butter, mayo and crisp lettuce,
AND,
peanut butter and dill pickle.

Nancree

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 17 Mar 2005 08:54:43a, Dimitri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Do you remember the peanut butter and cheese crackers?
>
> Good weren't they?

Ah, "Nabs", which was apparently a nickname for the various types of
cheese/peanut butter snack crackers introduced by Nabisco decades ago.

Yes, loved them all. I remember when most of them were round, not square,
and sold in a packet of 4 cracker sandwiches.

> Did you ever put Cheese on a peanut butter sandwich?

Nope, never. I love cheese and I love peanut butter, but not something I'd
construct or eat. That combination of Nabs was the exception.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
AlleyGator

"Dimitri" > wrote:

>Do you remember the peanut butter and cheese crackers?
>
>Good weren't they?
>
>Did you ever put Cheese on a peanut butter sandwich?
>
>Dimitri

Dimitri, to this day, one of my favorite sandwiches is peanut butter,
American cheese and lettuce on toasted rye. I "invented" this to my
mothers horror when I was about 8 years old and bored, needing
something to take on one of our neighborhood war games. Sometimes I
change to swiss, but the original is still the best. Note: when
taking to work, pack lettuce (romaine, now that I'm grown) seperately
and assemble when ready.

limey

limey wrote:
>> "Ariane Jenkins" wrote in message
>>
>>> and one particularly freakish person I know >eats PB and anchovies. <g>
>>>
>>> Ariane

>> Hmm. Now that's a sturdy soul.
>>
>> Dora

> Hehehe... Be sure to rag Boli about it the next time you see him in the
> channel. ;D
>
> Ariane

Rag him? I'll blackmail him with it - I'll tell him I'll spread the story
to all his friends. ;-p

Dora

limey

"Chris Neidecker" wrote>

> Hmm, what other peanut butter add-ons are there? I used to work with a
> guy who ate peanut butter and mayo sandwiches; I've also heard of (but
> never tried) peanut butter and bacon. In college, we would eat peanut
> butter on english muffins, sprinkled with cocoa krispies.

I love to stuff celery with peanut butter and kid myself that I'm eating
diet food.

Dora

bolivar

Ariane Jenkins wrote:

and one
> particularly freakish person I know eats PB and anchovies. <g>
>
> Ariane

Hey!! It's good. I got you to try raw oysters, and now you're an
addict. I don't see why you wouldn't trust me on this one, too.

Boli
Stan Horwitz

In article > ,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Do you remember the peanut butter and cheese crackers?

Remember? I don't know about where you live, but all the convenience and
grocery stores sell peanut butter and cheese checkers. They're also sold
in some vending machines.
Ariane Jenkins

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:44:22 -0500, limey > wrote:

> Rag him? I'll blackmail him with it - I'll tell him I'll spread the story
> to all his friends. ;-p

Oh, it's no good... He doesn't even have the good grace to be embarassed
about it. <g>

Ariane
--
Dysfunction: The only consistent feature of all your dissatisfying
relationships is you.
http://www.despair.com/demotivators/dysfunction.html

Ariane Jenkins

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:09:58 -0500, bolivar > wrote:

> Hey!! It's good. I got you to try raw oysters, and now you're an
> addict. I don't see why you wouldn't trust me on this one, too.

Fine, fine... In the interest of culinary adventurism, the next
time I see you, you can make me a PB/anchovy sandwich and I'll try to choke
part of it down. ;P

Ariane

nancree wrote:
> my 2 favorites are peanut butter, mayo and crisp lettuce,
> AND,

Alright, then, great minds think and like alike ;-)

N.

Dimitri

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> In article > ,
> "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
>> Do you remember the peanut butter and cheese crackers?

> Remember? I don't know about where you live, but all the convenience and
> grocery stores sell peanut butter and cheese checkers. They're also sold
> in some vending machines.

Stan I should have said "remember eating"

Now they make the large size cheese-it crackers :-)

Dimitri

that was my dad's very favorite sandwich!
Sometimes on toast. Sometimes not. Mostly, on a hard roll, believe it
or not.
He loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches.