Weiler

Default Soy Milk - When can it be used in lieu of "regular" milk ???

From time-to-time I'll hear a remark about using Soy Milk in cooking.
Are there any "rules" about when it is or is not good to use ?

Thank you . . .Kristina
Bea Esser

>Are there any "rules" about when it is or is not good to use

Never use chocolate soy milk to make mashed potatoes. ;-) You have to
read the label and make sure you're not buying sweetened/flavored for
use in regular savory recipes. I use it to make quiches for a client
of mine and it works very well with whole eggs. If you accidentally buy
"vanilla" for a quiche it'd be way nasty.

maxine in ri

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:58:18 -0500, Weiler >
connected the dots and wrote:

~From time-to-time I'll hear a remark about using Soy Milk in cooking.
~Are there any "rules" about when it is or is not good to use ?
~
~Thank you . . .Kristina

If the dominant flavor is milk, don't use soy. In pumpkin pie, with
all the spices, in cream soups, and in baking cakes and breads, I find
it substitutes acceptably. It did overpower the chowder.

maxine in ri